Pheu Thai tells US President Obama and UN of attempts to block election in Thailand

webfact

Excellent.

The more that the pro-democracy side exposes the unelectable's attempt to eliminate Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy, the better.

To shine a light on them, as they are trying to surreptitiously expedite a coup via their Independent Organizations and user-friendly judiciary causes the rats to scurry..By not using their military like last time, and launching their judicial and demonization vendetta against Thaksin causing him to self-exile, they think they can make a coup not appear to be a coup.

That certainly doesn't work with domestic audiences...They know exactly what is happening.

I understand there are UDD/RS meetings going on now, carefully managed as to participation, to "dot-the I's and cross-the T's" in finalizing their action plans when the Ammart makes their final moves via their compliant agencies and judiciary.......From what I can see, this is not 2006 all-over-again, let me assure you.

The international community doesn't support PT/Thaksin that is fairly clear by now. They have never made even 1 comment that they condemn Suthep's actions. Last week the US said it supports both sides. Wooaah, amazing isn't it?? They also said that the PDRC is a peaceful movement.

The international community has seen enough of PT's corruption. It is clearly holding the country back. PT does things that are good for them, not for the country. The country is suffering and people are dying because of that. The international community believes that everything is better than that corrupt Shin bunch. Otherwise they would have made at least some comments the last 5 months.

Yes a coup is next and long overdue. And yes, the international community will not condemn a coup. Mind you, not everybody wears red glasses.

Soon the RULE OF LAW will be reinstated and PT will have to accept punishment for their criminal deeds.

• Like 2

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teacher, he looks at me crying-baby.jpg

You know what is even funnier? There is a numbnut in the country by the name of Suthep who doesn't hold any political position and is trying to overthrow a government. He wrote to Obama also requesting help. I doubt Obama even read his letter. He will probably respond to an official letter from one government to another tho.

• Like 1

You know what is even funnier? There is a numbnut in the country by the name of Suthep who doesn't hold any political position and is trying to overthrow a government. He wrote to Obama also requesting help. I doubt Obama even read his letter. He will probably respond to an official letter from one government to another tho.

Link to the letter ?

the ptp are undergoing a massive dummy spit and their supporters are simply trying to save face by pointing the finger elsewhere because they realize just how pathetic this is. This would have to be one of the most embarassing things they could do, it belittles them totally and makes Thailand look absolutely pathetic in the eyes of everyone.

• Like 1

...and the international community (including the US) don't condemn what Suthep is doing. You still don't get it?

Yeah! He's trying to overthrow a corrupt, puppet government that is being controlled via Skype from Dubai. He wrote, not asking for help but, to explain what his goal is. I'll bet Ms Kenney, the US Ambassador, knows more about what is happening in Thailand than either Suthep or Surapong or Thaksin/Yingluck. BTW, JesseFrank is right; this government is coming off as a whiny crybaby.

Yes, because Thailand is the only country in the world with a minor problem they want Obama to help them with. In fact I do not think any of the hundreds of other countries, many with much bigger problems, ever write him asking for anything. I am therefore sure he will hang up the phone with Vladimir Putin, so he can immediately read and reply to this letter from someone hes does not even know, from a country he barely knows, having a problem he does not care about and which is irrelevant to the world at large biggrin.png

Ms Anutta Amornvivat will receive a reply though, and with her likely limited knowledge of how anything works, she will probably, like you, think Obama wrote it himself after days of careful consideration biggrin.png

Pheu Thai complains about election obstructions to US and UN

PNPOL570328001000101_28032014_100801.jpg

BANGKOK 28 March 2014 (NNT) — The Pheu Thai party has sent letters to both US President Barack Obama and UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon complaining about election obstructions in the country.

Deputy Secretary General to the Pheu Thai Party Ms. Anuttama Amornvivat stated that she had gone to the US Embassy in Bangkok and asked the US Ambassador to issue a letter to US President Barack Obama regarding the election obstructions in Thailand.

Moreover, the Ms. Anuttama has sent an additional letter to the UN headquarters in New York, addressed to Mr. Ban Ki-Moon, to report on the current political conflicts in the country.

According to the letters, a group of people in Thailand has been attempting to hinder the democratic processes — as evidenced particularly by the case of elections obstruction, which is a gross violation of the public’s rights to vote.

Ms. Anuttama further stated that she merely wished that the international community keep a close watch on the developing situation in Thailand, and how the country’s democracy is currently being thwarted.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-28 footer_n.gif

Excellent.

The more that the pro-democracy side exposes the unelectable's attempt to eliminate Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy, the better.

To shine a light on them, as they are trying to surreptitiously expedite a coup via their Independent Organizations and user-friendly judiciary causes the rats to scurry..By not using their military like last time, and launching their judicial and demonization vendetta against Thaksin causing him to self-exile, they think they can make a coup not appear to be a coup.

That certainly doesn't work with domestic audiences...They know exactly what is happening.

I understand there are UDD/RS meetings going on now, carefully managed as to participation, to "dot-the I's and cross-the T's" in finalizing their action plans when the Ammart makes their final moves via their compliant agencies and judiciary.......From what I can see, this is not 2006 all-over-again, let me assure you.

The international community doesn't support PT/Thaksin that is fairly clear by now. They have never made even 1 comment that they condemn Suthep's actions. Last week the US said it supports both sides. Wooaah, amazing isn't it?? They also said that the PDRC is a peaceful movement.

The international community has seen enough of PT's corruption. It is clearly holding the country back. PT does things that are good for them, not for the country. The country is suffering and people are dying because of that. The international community believes that everything is better than that corrupt Shin bunch. Otherwise they would have made at least some comments the last 5 months.

Yes a coup is next and long overdue. And yes, the international community will not condemn a coup. Mind you, not everybody wears red glasses.

Soon the RULE OF LAW will be reinstated and PT will have to accept punishment for their criminal deeds.

"It (PTP) is clearly holding the country back. PT does things that are good for them, not for the country. The country is suffering and people are dying because of that. The international community believes that everything is better than that corrupt Shin bunch. Otherwise they would have made at least some comments the last 5 months".

#1 - Every statement that I have seen from a meaningful "International Community" has been in support of Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy. Hence, villifying those who seek to overthrow it.

#2 - If the PTP is all that gross as suggested in the quote, have an election. A very objective method of affirming that negativity, or otherwise.

In reality, everyone knows this is PAD-Dem rhetoric, devoid of reality......Their persistence in nullifying an election and its' tabulation is the most significant evidence negating their own hyperbole.

Quite laughable actually....Their balderdash about the PTP being the mother-of-all-governing-screwups, but don't have an electionfacepalm.gif .

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 2

The utter childishness of this is stunning. Not to mention presumptuous. Pheu Thai regards democracy as being " represented " exclusively by their party ! Wow. How convenient. How convenient to be the party of democracy. The statements from the U.S. ambassador to Thailand show that the U.S. is light-years ahead of Surapong and Pheu Thai. They know exactly what Pheu Thai has been doing, and they know the protests didn't just come out of nowhere. They know all about the amnesty bill for Thaksin and over 25,000 other people convicted of corruption that Pheu Thau rammed through. Can you imagine the U.S. - or any other country, for that matter - attempting to pass such a bill ? Good luck. So the U.S. knows all about Pheu Thai. They know that Yingluck is likely to face impeachment, and they know of the consistently unconstitutional behavior and judicial defiance of Pheu Thai, and that they have also tried to clamp down on a peaceful protest, that was not only recognized by the Criminal Court, the Civil Court, and the Constitutional Court as being constitutional, but the U.S. itself is on the record affirming the protesters right to protest, and also believe that the protest is peaceful - as it is. The U.S. ambassador to Thailand quoted John Kerry, when he said that democracy is not just the presence of elections, but transparency, the rule of law, strong institutions, and an independent judiciary.The U.S. also knows about the grenade attacks against the protesters and the independent agencies. They see what the UDD is doing in going after the independent agencies and their calls for secession, and they know that Pheu Thai and UDD are joined to the hip. Using John Kerry's measure, everyone knows how Pheu Thai stacks up in the department of transparency - as they are under investigation for corruption stemming from the rice scandal - an investigation they are doing everything to resist. Everyone knows how Pheu Thai feels about the rule of law and an independent judiciary. The fact that Surapong has actually written to the UN asking it to admonish the Constitutional Court and the independent agencies tells the world everything it ever needs to know about Pheu Thai and how they feel about democracy.

• Like 2

BANGKOK 28 March 2014 (NNT) — The Pheu Thai party has sent letters to both US President Barack Obama and UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon complaining about election obstructions in the country.

Deputy Secretary General to the Pheu Thai Party Ms. Anuttama Amornvivat stated that she had gone to the US Embassy in Bangkok and asked the US Ambassador to issue a letter to US President Barack Obama regarding the election obstructions in Thailand.

Moreover, the Ms. Anuttama has sent an additional letter to the UN headquarters in New York, addressed to Mr. Ban Ki-Moon, to report on the current political conflicts in the country.

According to the letters, a group of people in Thailand has been attempting to hinder the democratic processes — as evidenced particularly by the case of elections obstruction, which is a gross violation of the public’s rights to vote.

Ms. Anuttama further stated that she merely wished that the international community keep a close watch on the developing situation in Thailand, and how the country’s democracy is currently being thwarted.

nntlogo.jpg

well we can see that this lady was appointed to this job as she has the same brain power as yl, none. Only someone that is totally brain dead would be stupid enough to do this, probably one of yl's "smart beautiful women" just like hergiggle.gif

Excellent.

"It (PTP) is clearly holding the country back. PT does things that are good for them, not for the country. The country is suffering and people are dying because of that. The international community believes that everything is better than that corrupt Shin bunch. Otherwise they would have made at least some comments the last 5 months".

#1 - Every statement that I have seen from a meaningful "International Community" has been in support of Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy. Hence, villifying those who seek to overthrow it.

#2 - If the PTP is all that gross as suggested in the quote, have an election. A very objective method of affirming that negativity, or otherwise.

In reality, everyone knows this is PAD-Dem rhetoric, devoid of reality......Their persistence in nullifying an election and its' tabulation is the most significant evidence negating their own hyperbole.

Quite laughable actually....Their balderdash about the PTP being the mother-of-all-governing-screwups, but don't have an electionfacepalm.gif .

Let's see ...do we have a statement from a meaningful "International Community?

When asked how she viewed the PDRC protest, the US ambassador said it was a "peaceful protest", and the people have the right to express themselves.

The US ambassador said she was unaware of the protesters' criticism that she and the US government were biased in favour of the Thai government.

"It's been a time of huge emotion. People have had very strong views, so I think sometimes people have been frustrated. One side or the other thinks the United States has not stepped up to support their side. In fact, we don't take sides. But I think both sides hope [we take their side]."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/politics/US-talking-to-all-sides-in-conflict-Kenney-30230111.html

I don't think you will get far in this discussion boppe. This is getting to complicated for you. You better go back to your same old coup mongers, electoral majority and fascist blah blah rhetoric. Suits you much better.

Edited by Nickymaster

nntlogo.jpg

well we can see that this lady was appointed to this job as she has the same brain power as yl, none. Only someone that is totally brain dead would be stupid enough to do this, probably one of yl's "smart beautiful women" just like hergiggle.gif

Permit me to complete above quote......"....but -shudder, shudder - don't have an election with Ms. Y. at the helm of the PTP"

Bad, bad PTP and Ms Y....but don't have an election. We wont participate because we will be annihilated, so let us obstruct it.

Does anyone else see the humour in these prevarications and distortions?

Edited by Fryslan boppe

Thaksin and Yingluck didn't play this right. She should have been pounding the table and calling in world international news to expose the efforts of Suthep and the PDRC to invalidate an elected government and call attention to the ludicrous nature of their proposals. As time went on, she could have leveraged their reporting had there been any. Makes you wonder what all those foreign journalists are doing between drinks and short times over on Soi 4.

Didn't work for the Assad regime....mind you there are a whole bunch more complications in Syria.

• Like 1

nntlogo.jpg

She must be the latest member of the ice cream gang.

"And now there's an 'ice-cream gang' at Government House," he said.

Chalerm added that Yingluck should have veteran politicians around her so she can be shielded from political attacks.

"Now, she has only dogs around her and she will face her demise as prime minister as nobody will respect her," he said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Chalerm-warns-Yingluck-of-her-ice-cream-gang-30209762.html

I hate to say it but Chalerm was right.

Edited by Nickymaster

The US Embassy prepares reports on Thai politics for the State Department.

Included in those reports are crucial things that are not allowed to be discussed inside Thailand.

Like who ordered the 2006 coup. They know.

It is quite obvious that many Thai Visa members have not done their homework and read about those unmentionable issues.

The root of the political problems.

Remind me again - which side are Pheu Thai on coffee1.gif

Pheu Thai are on the side of the Thai people, they want to have elections so that the Thai people's vote will be respectted. The PDRC are a small group who believe that they would be better running the country.

Not at all. If you have an election, the winner of that election MUST follow democratic principles, otherwise there is no point in holding an election. You know this as well as I do Dr (sic) Bruce. Those who gain power through the ballot box certainly do not respect the votes that have been cast if they run the country in an undemocratic way. We have seen this continually with Thaksin's administrations, which is why, as you well know, the PDRC are asking for political reform that strengthens the checks and balances so that the winning party does not ride roughshod over the democratic system. PTP and its predecessors have done this time after time after time and it is high time that someone stood up and demanded an end to the corruption that exists at the highest level. This includes bribing senators which happened under Thaksin. All they are asking for is for an end to money politics. Surely you cannot disagree with that?

Certainly the people of Thailand do not disagree. The elections resulted in a boycott of the voting procedure, where over half of all eligible Thai voters refused to cast their ballots. Of those that did, huge numbers of people chose to deface their ballots or mark 'no vote' in protest of both the regime and the democratic process it has hijacked via Thaksin and hidden behind now for years of political division and national instability.

• Like 2

The US Embassy prepares reports on Thai politics for the State Department.

Included in those reports are crucial things that are not allowed to be discussed inside Thailand.

Like who ordered the 2006 coup. They know.

It is quite obvious that many Thai Visa members have not done their homework and read about those unmentionable issues.

The root of the political problems.

I think it's just a TV rule about "things not allowed to be discussed".

You can easily talk with Thai and find out anything you want.

Obviously that is what the Embassy does, no ultra secret conspiracies here.

You might enjoy MH-370 though, while it lasts. Do you think it was aliens?

Edited by rabas

Remember when Obama visited Thailand? Remember all the flirty looks Yingluck gave Obama and he enjoyed them? Well, Mrs. Obama wasn't so happy about it and now Obama couldn't help Yingluck even if he wanted to. Check out this link for all the dirt. http://www.gossipjacker.net/2012/12/first-lady-furious-over-presidents.html

http://johnsarbach.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Yingluck-Obama-flirt-1.jpg

Excellent.

If you truly believe that PT are democracy, you are severely deluded.

They are pro Taksin - end of.

If you believe being controlled by a fugitive on the run = democracy, bending to that fugitive's every whim is democracy, giving 30 billion baht of tax payers moneyt to that fugitive is democreacy.....etc.

There is no hope for you. The brainwashing worked very well on you.

But hey, as long as my Thai family keep getting 40% over market prices for their rice, I will back anyone regardless - right ?!