Temporary location of the ministry of foreign affairs

alfredthegreat

Starting from

24 March 2014, Department of Consular Affairs will open

temporary office for Thai passport issuance

on 3rd Floor, Esplanade Cineplex,

Ratchadapisek Road. Details as follows :

- The temporary office will provide service for all queues booking online through website www.consular.go.th only

-

The first queue starts at 08.30 hrs. / Maximum 1,000 persons per day

- All applications will be procee

ded within 7 days.

-

Passport will be obtained by post only. (Postal fee 40 Baht per each)

- For those who have booked the queue online at Bang Na and Pinklao Passport Offices please kindly contact the office you have booked

for further service.

-

Note : From 28 March 2014, the Passport Offices at Bang Na and Pinklao Branches will stop providing service for booking online service.

• Like 1

There was an article in the BKK Post on March 16, which I just saw tonight for the first time, that said the monk had agreed to let the MFA Consular Affairs folks open a small passport issuing office in a temporary location at CW, I believe Tower B, with a capacity of 500 per day. It was supposed to commence on March 18, but no info whether it was supposed to be walk-in or by appointment.

If there was any comparable post of that info here, I must have missed it. But it does sound like something, perhaps small, is now afoot at CW re issuance of Thai passports... But not for Immigration.

More broadly, it's been difficult finding current, accurate info on Thai passports, as the details seem to keep changing:

--I saw one mention of a temporary/mobile operation at the Queen Sirikit Center, but no word on whether that is still continuing.

--I saw one article talking about the Bangna and Pinklao passport offices supposed to be open ONE Saturday in March, but not at all clear whether Satursday hours were supposed to continue beyond that one day.

--And now in the announcement above, we have them saying that effective today the Bangna and Pinklao offices are no longer going to be accepting online appointments???

It seems to be a pretty good sized cluster @@@@@... And the Thais seem to be shouting that louder than me.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

We went to the govmnt office on Monday building 'B' 7th floor. We, my wife and my son, were there to

apply for my son's Thai passport. Our No. was 498. We arrived at about 1.30 pm, with No. 378 showing,

and all done by 3pm. I picked up the passport from our local post office this morning. The actual processing

of the application including photos and finger prints took about 10 minutes. Then we were asked to pay

1000baht plus 40baht for EMS.

I went initially to the passport office in the morning but my wife had to be present, but was at hospital for a

check-up, so went back as mentioned in the afternoon. The officers and staff were very pleasant polite and helpful.

The downside was the gridlocked traffic both going and more so returning back home.

( The print out of the rules etc. states that one parent or guardian can sign on application, and the other can sign on the collection, this changed as they mail the passports by EMS). Therefore both parents have to be present on application for

a child as like us. My son is 15.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...