Google Chrome Crashing - Anyone else having problems?

Kellynch

Ever since yesterday afternoon (Friday) Chrome Web browser just keeps crashing whatever I do eg playing Youtube videos or news articles from various websites. I've virus scanned and restarted my machine as well. Firefox seems to be working fine. For info, I'm using Windows 7.

Edited by Kellynch

No problems that bad...you can see in another thread some other folks are having some webpage loading problems with Chrome, Firefox, and my IE, but everyone seems to be on True who are having this annoying problem. You might want to go into Chrome Settings and reset your browser....here's how you do it...pretty painless...Link. After the reset you will new to reactivate any extensions you having and reset your home page....you won't lose any bookmarks or anything important in doing the reset...pretty painless...just may fix your problem...or not. Before doing the reset you may want to deactivate any extensions you may be using to ensure one of them is not causing your problem...an extension can cause problems like you are having. Good luck.

I really do appreciate the help. I disabled all my extensions and that hasn't solved it. I followed the instructions in the link as far as 'Click Show advanced settings and find the "Reset browser settings section. I got to the advanced settings but I just couldn't find the Reset Browser settings section - do I need my eyes testing?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I really do appreciate the help. I disabled all my extensions and that hasn't solved it. I followed the instructions in the link as far as 'Click Show advanced settings and find the "Reset browser settings section. I got to the advanced settings but I just couldn't find the Reset Browser settings section - do I need my eyes testing?

Yes test the eyes !

What you are looking for is the last item at the bottom of the "advanced " settings page !

Hope this helps

post-60134-0-90467000-1396107926_thumb.j

Edited by sirineou

I had similar problems with Chrome however I went into setup on my PC, (press delete on start up) and reset setup to default (F5). That fixed the problem. I put it down to either a rogue file changing the setup arrangement or due to me doing something I shouldn't have when downloading something, like changing my mind during a download. I too did a virus scan and found nothing but all okay now.

Hope this helps

attachicon.gifchrome.JPG

Many thanks to everyone. To 'sirineou', thanks for the jpg. I wasn't going mad after all, somehow the 'Reset Browser Settings' was missing. I've reinstalled Chrome and went straight to check it. It's there now and crossed fingers the browser hasn't crashed........yet.

I'm grateful for all the advice and if it all goes pear-shaped again I'll be sure to follow the advice you've been kind enough to give.

Happy Now smile.png

I found the following conversation on the internet concerning Chrome freeze-ups and a possible solution , It seems there some sort of incompatibility between Youtube flash and chrome toolbox. Disabling Chrome tool box seems to fix the problem.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/Xty1K9XxJJo

http://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comments/1nttqw/help_youtube_videos_stop_playing_in_chrome/

Hope this helpssmile.png

Edited by sirineou

I use Chrome on my Windows 7 pc, XP pc and my Ubuntu machine and i have experienced no problems. Has your Windows 7 Auto Updated in the last few days ?. The last time my Win 7 updated, i had to update my Chrome's Java and Flash settings.

I am having the same problem with I.E. it appears to be associated with google and yahoo ads. They track you and then try to insert pop up ads into your browser. If it takes too long to load the browser crashes and reloads.

Was having similar problems. Did some online research and found that there's a conflict in the Chrome "flash" and other flash programs. I tried all the suggestions and got nowhere. Finally downloaded the latest Firefox Beta, totally shredded Chrome, and haven't had a problem since. BTW, I'm running Windows 8

Expect most folks are just experiencing a bad/slow connection which is causing each browser to act/respond differently which can fool a person into thinking it's a browser problem.

Sent from my Samsung S4 (GT-I9500)

Yes test the eyes !

What you are looking for is the last item at the bottom of the "advanced " settings page !

I can never find anything on that page, I just start typing what I want into the search box at the top. I know, I'm lazy and should see how it works properly.

I've been using Chrome for a few years now, but it does seem to be getting very buggy. I think I'll go back to Firefox. Other browsers just don't seem to have the extensions or addons that I like to have.

• 3 weeks later...