Money Exchange (to USD)

KelCastro

I bring huge amounts to banks and they only count it by hand never check real or not..

U throw on them milion bath in different currencies see how that works...

All she do is counts it.. which takes time itself... without checking every note.

No machine

mataleo

Is that a problem you encounter on a regular basis - rocking up to a bank with a million baht in different currencies ? The majority of us are looking to change anything from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars/pound/Euro, not something north of 30K USD. Legally, you shouldn't even be in the country with that kind of money in a currency other than the baht, unless you are licensed to do so.

I believe that you've spent a large chunk of this thread arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm all for robust discussion, but not when people start throwing ludicrous examples around.

....and your experience of bank teller behavior doesn't match anywhere near my experiences over many years, so I'm not sure what you are trying to argue here, perhaps that doing business with you is safer than doing business with banks, dunno!

I bring huge amounts to banks and they only count it by hand never check real or not..

U throw on them milion bath in different currencies see how that works...

All she do is counts it.. which takes time itself... without checking every note.

No machine

mataleo

Is that a problem you encounter on a regular basis - rocking up to a bank with a million baht in different currencies ? The majority of us are looking to change anything from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars/pound/Euro, not something north of 30K USD. Legally, you shouldn't even be in the country with that kind of money in a currency other than the baht, unless you are licensed to do so.

I believe that you've spent a large chunk of this thread arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm all for robust discussion, but not when people start throwing ludicrous examples around.

I think he's saying that as a licensed money exchamger, often goes to presumembly his bank with up to said amount in various foreign currencies he's exchaged during the day for deposit to his accounts in baht and the tellers don't do much in the way of vetting the currencies. Seems odd to me but spending money is my business, not counting it. Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Fine, but how many of us are 'Licensed Money Exchangers' ? As you say, we are usually concerned only with spending money, not counting it ;)

If he does have a relationship with a bank (branch) in his official capacity, I believe that would put him in a very different position to you or I wandering in off the street with that sort of cash in a variety of denominations. I'm a big fan of the UV machines personally.

....and your experience of bank teller behavior doesn't match anywhere near my experiences over many years, so I'm not sure what you are trying to argue here, perhaps that doing business with you is safer than doing business with banks, dunno!

My point is none.

All i say not all of them use uv.

May b u got experience with main branches in city center like central festival etc.

I give u another example

Krung thai thepprasit rd use magnified glass, well thats what they got but they dont bother use it...

For used she just use fingers check paint on usd..

And why i would lie about it.

mataleo

Fine, but how many of us are 'Licensed Money Exchangers' ? As you say, we are usually concerned only with spending money, not counting it ;)

If he does have a relationship with a bank (branch) in his official capacity, I believe that would put him in a very different position to you or I wandering in off the street with that sort of cash in a variety of denominations. I'm a big fan of the UV machines personally.

U cant rely on UV only.

Many currencies dont even illuminate under it.

And they fake UV as well.

Theres machines that cross examine bills doing 4 tests on it.

post-62192-13963217226423_thumb.jpg

Anyway no point argue about nothing..

I just offer better deal then banks.

Not scam for sure

Legal licenced exchange with offices.

mataleo