Thousands of Thai anti-government protesters march in Bangkok

webfact

so how many against 20mln voters and millions, who were prevented from voting?

You mean the 20 million of which around 50% voted NO, and the rest were a couple of million for assorted parties and 8 million buffalos for the PTP.

The ones obstructed were not PTP strongholds and I think the 2% in some provinces that turned out in the re-runs says it all really.

The real majority are speaking.

Not the 8 million MINORITY!!!!!!!!!

The other 40 MILLION VOTERS!

Well over a million on the streets, and the rest voted with their feet.

Of the 40 million in un-obstucted areas, 20 million did not even bother to vote. 10 million who did voted NO and the other 8 million who didn't get the chance to vote would be pretty much all NO votes, and not a single vote would have been PTPO anyway.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it pal.

and your 4th post after registration. The rest posts of the posts are also on politics.
And also stupid posts

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so how many thousands against 20mln voters, millions, who were prevented from voting and millions intimidated by armed and violent mob?

If you want to quote stupid and irrelevant figures then you should refer to the majority of voters that DIDN'T vote for Yingluck

The Democrat Party hasn't won a general election since 1992. That's almost as long as the last time Arsenal won a Cup (1994). That's pretty sorry and sad.

This is not 1992, neither is it 2011.

A lot has happened since.

If you think the PTP will walk another election, you must have lost track of things for the last few years.

Get into 2014 with the rest of us and open your eyes.

Indeed. If Yingluck's government had just been allowed to carry on making a mess of running the country, in all likelihood they would have lost the 2015 election. The ridiculous obsession with Thaksin and the other unmentionable issues have ruined all that. Suthep and his backers have a lot to answer for.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

This news just in.........66.5 million people show their support for democracy and the elected government by boycotting Suthep's silly little parade!

I am probably being naive here,but just to satisfy my stupidty,is this a joke.I am not very good on alternative comedy.

Suthep announces intention to fight to eliminate Thaksin's regime

BANGKOK: -- People's Democratic Reform Committee spokesman secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban made an announcement at the Royal Plaza to reaffirm the PRDC's commitment to fight to eliminate the Thaksin regime.

He said the regime was a danger of the country. He said the PDRC would join hands with the people to fight to reform the country so that the nation would have genuine democracy for the real benefits of the people.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-29

so how many thousands against 20mln voters, millions, who were prevented from voting and millions intimidated by armed and violent mob?

If you want to quote stupid and irrelevant figures then you should refer to the majority of voters that DIDN'T vote for Yingluck

The Democrat Party hasn't won a general election since 1992. That's almost as long as the last time Arsenal won a Cup (1994). That's pretty sorry and sad.

If you think the PTP will walk another election, you must have lost track of things for the last few years.

It's 2014 and the Democrat Party hasn't won a GE since 1992. At this rate, the DP won't do it again until 2032, or perhaps 2034.

As of this writing it's not yet known if the DP will participate in a new election this year that the EC refuses to call as the EC does nothing except obstruct elections and the electoral process.

The millions out there today are in fact the ordinary people of Bangkok trying to do their Saturday thing. There's also a mob in the streets.

These are more civilized and orderly than Red Shirt. It shows the level of education. for my money I rather the educated people make decisions than uneducated at anytime

i love the "Too Stupid to Vote" argument. They always set the IQ bar a couple of points below thier own level.

Is that even possible?

Indeed. If Yingluck's government had just been allowed to carry on making a mess of running the country, in all likelihood they would have lost the 2015 election. The ridiculous obsession with Thaksin and the other unmentionable issues have ruined all that. Suthep and his backers have a lot to answer for.

That is why Suthep and his backers are the real heroes.

Just wait till reforms are done, and you will all be chirping at how much better Thailand is.

Am watching Blue Sky as well ...same locked off shot of umbrellas...an occasional wide angle drone shot... does not at this point look as big as the "6 million" figure purported awhile back at the other biggest ever event... but the day is young...who cares they are having a nice walk in the sun.... something to do... Suthep is collecting money....

So, in a country with a population of approx 66.7million, if he is lucky to get 1 million (.015%), he thinks he speaks for the "majority" of the Thai people?

Gotta love Thai logic and "new math". coffee1.gif

Don't waste your time posting on TVF, get some basic education first! I'd start with math if I would be in your shoes. Hint: 1m out 66.7m is NOT .015%! It's 1.5%.

Talk about "new math" LOL!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by pmugghc
  • Like 1

This news just in.........66.5 million people show their support for democracy and the elected government by boycotting Suthep's silly little parade!

I am probably being naive here,but just to satisfy my stupidty,is this a joke.I am not very good on alternative comedy.

Yes my friend it is a joke just like the person who posted it.

• Like 1

If you truly believe Suthep is any less corrupt than the Shins you are very naive.

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well at least, Suthep have started to make wakeup call to reform this country or else the Shinnawatra dynasty will suck dry this whole country wealth to benefit his familys and crony.1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif

• Like 2

Nothing yet from Richard Barrow and his drone, pity. The only decent sky shot is this one from 10:50 this morning which is a bit early to catch the main protest:

post-199953-0-41736600-1396077855_thumb.

Something like 150 people.

(hang on, got a better sky shot of the main group, I'll do an estimate for that)

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

March seems to be stalling at Si Ayutia/Pria Thai junction. Suthep and about 1000 protesters are nearing Royal plaza, then a big gap to the main march which is very big 9over 10,000) people. There is some kind of holdup at the Junction.

Are you close by and can see all of this?

Some people keep stating that Numbers are not important, oh really, why is then you use the very same numbers to state there's now a majority who want reforms before elections ??

The true numbers are from all across Thailand in either a non impeded referendum, or unimpeded election, then the numbers will be more significant, until then, it's spin, spin an more spin.. If you have a Majority, prove this by letting the elections run.. if not.. well the wheel will keep on turning and nobody will go anywhere fast and the people who's opinions do matter, as in the Thais, will still not get their say.

Blockage has cleared now, it was another march joining from Si Ayuthia and they had a discussion on who was to go firt. The march is moving very quickly now to catch up.

Rubbish.... as from 12.14 there were stll 2 sections yet to start marching.

Anyone else in the Lumpini area that can tell us who is lying here???

Anyway, let's wait till next Saturday to see what the PRO GOVERNMENT can reply with.

Oh I forgot, the UDD would first 'monitor' this rally and then make their decision.

Meaning, they will call it off because the support for the government can no way beat the support for the anti-government movement.

Not even 10% of it.

Finally chased down the main point of disagreement for me on this thread.

I claimed that the traffic in the Lumpini area was moving and that there were a few groups of protesters wandering aimlessly.

The story in the nation was that the end of the protest was still leaving Lumpini.

Reading the Nation story worried me, I thought I was going mad.

The Nation got it from Bluesky and not one of thier reporters.

Bluesky got it from Srisaku Promphan who is the son of Suthep.

Srisaku Promphan got it from his Mum who had started to march and then got left behind.

So it must have been true.

Akanat said his mother, Srisaku Promphan, called him to say that the sixth and the last part of the procession has not yet left the park yet.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thousands.
Not hundreds of thousands.
So at best 99,000 (in reality nowhere near this)
99,000 / 70,000,000 x 100 =

Less than 0.2 of 1% of the population.

Great masses indeed?!

No wonder Suthep is so jealous of Thaksin and the genuine love and support the real great masses of Thailand give to him.

Ahh.... so now your aiming to be a contender for the joke of the year.

Yes my friend it is a joke just like the person who posted it.
Oops! It seems I got my numbers wrong. See if you can spot the 66.999 million absent protesters in this photo........

post-70418-0-89444000-1396078359_thumb.j

Nothing yet from Richard Barrow and his drone, pity. The only decent sky shot is this one from 10:50 this morning which is a bit early to catch the main protest:

attachicon.gifprotest-count.jpg

Something like 150 people.

(hang on, got a better sky shot of the main group, I'll do an estimate for that)

waiting for Richard - you could be here awhile unless it's a restaurant or steam train.

That would hardly be a fair comparison since the Red Shirts wouldn't have the handicap of being threatened by acts of terrorism while marching.

Seeing the violence perpetrated against anti-government protestors since... well, since Thaksin's days, I think it does take some measure of courage to show up.

They would have a far bigger gang to be careful of now wouldn't they. Which would be fair enough I guess given that some of their followers seem to be a bit more "hardcore".

What gang is it that has a history of carrying out terrorist attacks against Red Shirt marches? Has there been any terrorism attack against a Red Shirt march at all? (bombings, shootings, that sort of thing) I can't think of any, can you give an example?

Please give us a link to where the counters say that the PTP got the highest votes than they ever did in the Feb 2 election

I though the final figures where never released

Indeed.

Yingluck polled the same in 2014 as she did in 2011

Zero

Now is the moment to tune to Bluesky and hit record.

suthep and his guards walking homeand there are so few people that they are having to make the way through traffic.

BlueSky are having to use tighter and tighter shots just to avoid the wide open empty spaces.

you mean this one? https://twitter.com/vapee/status/449804117913767936/photo/1 in Thai but I guess it says something like you are full of it?

Bomb explosion near Chitralada palace

10155557_792486954113506_309473928_n-wpc

BANGKOK: -- A bomb went off in front of the Chitralada railway station on Sawankalok road today slightly damaging two passing cars.

The explosion scene is opposite the Chitralada palace compound.

Nobody was injured.

Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) chief Pol Col Kamthorn Ouicharoen said it was not yet known if the explosion was caused by hand grenade or by firing from grenade launcher.

A taxi and a sedan happened to pass near the scene were slightly damaged.

Anti government protesters are using the route to march to the Parliament for a massive rally called by PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban.

(photo : www.facebook.com/pages/ตรงจากสนามข่าว)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bomb-explosion-near-chitralada-palace/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-29

Thai opposition protesters stage mass rally

BANGKOK, March 29, 2014 (AFP) - Tens of thousands of Thai opposition protesters marched through Bangkok Saturday calling for the resignation of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who faces a possible ban from politics for alleged negligence.

The new show of strength by the anti-government movement came on the eve of elections for the upper house of parliament, whose members could decide Yingluck's fate.

"I have come out to preserve democracy," said protester Jirapa Tantingarmkasem, who joined the march from the rally base in Lumpini Park to the city's Royal Plaza.

"I ask everyone to come out to protest. Fight! Fight!"

Hundreds of demonstrators also swarmed into the grounds of the government headquarters, which have not been used by Yingluck's cabinet for months because of protests targeting state buildings.

Yingluck has withstood five months of street rallies seeking to force her from office and end the political dominance of her billionaire family.

Thailand is bitterly divided between opponents and supporters of her elder brother, the fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

The billionaire tycoon-turned-politician was toppled in a coup in 2006 after clashing with the royalist establishment. He fled Thailand in 2008 to avoid jail for a corruption conviction and lives in Dubai.

Political violence, often targeting protesters, has left 23 people dead and hundreds wounded in grenade attacks and shootings in recent months, although the bloodshed has abated since the rallies were scaled back at the start of March.

The kingdom is in legislative limbo with only a caretaker government following incomplete February elections since nullified by the Constitutional Court.

The opposition movement wants to install a temporary unelected government to oversee electoral and anti-corruption reforms before new polls are held.

"We will show our power to the government -- people will not accept elections without immediate reforms first," firebrand rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban told supporters Saturday.

Yingluck has been summoned to appear before the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) by Monday to defend herself against negligence charges linked to a rice subsidy scheme.

If indicted by the NACC -- which says she ignored warnings of corruption and financial losses in the flagship policy -- she would face an impeachment vote in the upper house that could result in her removal from office.

The charges have injected extra rivalry into senate elections due to be held on Sunday for about half of the seats in the upper house.

The remaining, unelected senators are appointed by institutions seen as allied to the anti-Thaksin establishment.

Thaksin's supporters, the "Red Shirts", have warned they will not accept the removal of another democratically elected government.

Their street rallies against the previous government in 2010 resulted in street clashes and a military crackdown that left dozens dead.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-03-29