Thousands of Thai anti-government protesters march in Bangkok

webfact

A previous poster insists that the Democrat Party were not the original instigators of protests. He also said that he did not believe that the Democrat Party could be dissolved for holding a legal protest and therefore my statement for the reasons that the PDRC was formed to lead the protests instead of the Democrats was incorrect.

I have many friends who are, or were MPs, in the Democrat Party including Suthep. To set the record straight the Democrat Party held a meeting at the end of October whereby the Democrat Party stated that they would hold demonstrations against the government's Amnesty Bill. However, the Democrat Party expressed concern that they needed to distance themselves from the demonstrations for fear that their party could face legal action and be dissolved as happened in the case of TRT. It was therefore decided that Suthep should lead the PDRC to run the anti-government campaign and those Democrat Party MPs that join the demonstrations should, for the time being, resign from the board.

The Democrat Party held a kick off meeting for the demonstrations as reported in the Nation Newspaper on 31st October 2013 whereby it was stated that four deputy Democrat Party leaders, Korn Chativanij, Thaworn Senneam, Issara Somchai, Srirwan Prassachaksattru and Satit Wongnongtaey stepped down a board members. They said that their reason for quitting the board was to pre-empt any moves to dissolve the party based on their role in the protest.

That would be me and I stand by what I said.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images