Drunk Aussie tourist marks rough landing in Phuket

webfact

sorry but this topic is linked to alcohol not Australia.

The guy could have been Russian, Thai, a Brit teen, a Finnish, etc.

Could have, but wasn't.

This is alcoholism, coupled with the mores of a country that does not have a tangible, identified "culture", outside sport, barbecues, self importance, arrogance, alcoholism and insensitivity. Sport is most important in Australia because it has little else, other than an indigenous population who are on the nose, as we call it. They had culture. We did everything we could to destroy it.

I know fantastic people in Australia, but I am talking here about the media fed self image for the masses.

A country that is easy on crime. Easy on disgusting behaviour and easy on alcohol and violence on the streets.

Loud and obnoxious, all too often the voices you hear raised in Asian countries are Australian. The capital of the "king hit" killing.

Walk up to someone you don't know in Australia, kill them with a hit to the head and you get some community service penalty, because

you were drunk. This is a fact.

Its a joke.

My Indonesian ex-wife, knowing I had two passports, British and Australian, never introduced me as an Australian in her own country.

Guess why? Here you see it, in its pristine glory. This tolerance is brought about by an obsession with political correctness, from which unrealistic tolerance breeds this sort of socially acceptable behaviour in Australia. They find it amusing.

Huh? Amusing? Sure do!

LEGEND!!!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for all the western idiots who behave like this. I find this type of behaviour disgusting. This behaviour is not acceptable in our home countries and usually end up with a night in the jail's drunk tank and a substantial fine.

They "let him go"? They should have shipped his sorry ass back to wherever he came from and then held the airline accountable to get his there at their cost. Or at the very least slammed him in jail for a bit. This ain't Oz and you have to live by the rules here and respect the culture... that goes for you women who think that thongs at the beach or going top-less is okay. It isn't. This ain't Brazil. Also... I have yet to see any that were beautiful enough to get away with it!

These drunks are not needed here. There enough here already and we Farangs have enough trouble trying not being labeled as being pains in the neck to the locals without these yahoos coming from all over and acting like idiots in the name of having a good holiday.... as if that gives them some sort of license. Listen, stay home and drink that way you can fall down in your own country and not be an embarrassment the rest of us!.

• Like 2

I apologize for all the western idiots who behave like this. I find this type of behaviour disgusting. This behaviour is not acceptable in our home countries and usually end up with a night in the jail's drunk tank and a substantial fine.

Yes, I think we've all seen the occasional drunken Thai waving a gun/sword/knife around. Now that is real danger.

• Like 1

No need for apologies when you're a LEGEND!!!

Should have been thrown in a cell and made to donate 1,000,000 to the hospital in recompense for the appalling behavior.

Wonder where the "Mates" are/were?

These "brave" Aussie drunkards are usually to be found in packs !

Hey <removed> don't slag off all Australians.

I've come across some low life poms who like to go around in packs too

As for this fools behavior he should be at least fined

Edited by LivinginKata
flame removed
  • Like 1

Yes, I think we've all seen the occasional drunken Thai waving a gun/sword/knife around. Now that is real danger.

I have seen drunks from all nationalities in Thailand.

Aussies were once proud and held the mantle of N# 1 beer consuming nation in the world but have now slipped to 3rd behind Germany and Ireland (N#1) We have a lot of work to do and this guy is given his all for King and country

• Like 2

They "let him go"? They should have shipped his sorry ass back to wherever he came from and then held the airline accountable to get his there at their cost. Or at the very least slammed him in jail for a bit. This ain't Oz and you have to live by the rules here and respect the culture... that goes for you women who think that thongs at the beach or going top-less is okay. It isn't. This ain't Brazil. Also... I have yet to see any that were beautiful enough to get away with it!

These drunks are not needed here. There enough here already and we Farangs have enough trouble trying not being labeled as being pains in the neck to the locals without these yahoos coming from all over and acting like idiots in the name of having a good holiday.... as if that gives them some sort of license. Listen, stay home and drink that way you can fall down in your own country and not be an embarrassment the rest of us!.

Huh? LEGEND!!!

Should have been thrown in a cell and made to donate 1,000,000 to the hospital in recompense for the appalling behavior.

Wonder where the "Mates" are/were?

These "brave" Aussie drunkards are usually to be found in packs !

Hey <removed> don't slag off all Australians.

I've come across some low life poms who like to go around in packs too

As for this fools behavior he should be at least fined

or a pat on the back and a cold beer for a job well done.smile.png

• Like 2

And then some posters wonder why some Thais look down on the foreigners......

Most, not all, Austrailans have a chip on their shoulder. They have an inferiority complex to Americans and Europeans due to their heritage as prisoners sent from Europe. They are jealous of them, and love to attend their schools just to gain credibility.

However many have come to accept their status and have evolved into good old blokes.

They now come to Asia hat in hand looking for opportunities to make money. Unfortunately, there are sooooo many scammers and exploiters from Australia, who don't care about Asians and look down on them as little yellow people.

To their face they act nice, behind their back, Australians are among the most racist people in the world.

Looking at his name, he is hardly one of the "heritage prisoners". They were largely Irish. This guy is mostl likely a recent immigrant from Eastern Europe and if you want ethnic racism, that is where a lot of the global ethnic cleansing goes on. Australia is regarded as the country with the highest living standard in the world and we have not had any race based wars. Why would I or any other Australian be jealous of Americans or Europeans?

Vast majority of convicts to Australia came From England.

• Like 1

Patong will be right up his street, it attracts all that kind of loosers and drunks....

Bangla Road, here he comes...

How do you know all that?

Observation, maybe , just look around ''Patong'' is hardly ''Monaco''...., its cheap its trashy and it attracts that type... end of...

Of course they didn't charge him. He's still got pockets full of money to spend being a two week millionaire. I guess he did the time honored "Arthur" entrance favored by affluent drunks thw world over. Very stylish.

Just had a look at the list of countries in the world who drink the most alcohol, aged 15+, in litres per capita per year.

Seems like us Aussies are not as thirsty as many other countries, we came in at #44 on the list.

We were out-drunk by countries like - Ireland, France, Russia, the UK, Denmark, Germany, Finland, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden and the Netherlands.

I wonder if anyone from any of these countries has had a go at the Aussie who wasted himself in Phuket ?

Thing is, if you are unfortunate enough to have to live in any one of those countries it is enough to send you to drink !

Just had a look at the list of countries in the world who drink the most alcohol, aged 15+, in litres per capita per year.

Seems like us Aussies are not as thirsty as many other countries, we came in at #44 on the list.

We were out-drunk by countries like - Ireland, France, Russia, the UK, Denmark, Germany, Finland, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden and the Netherlands.

I wonder if anyone from any of these countries has had a go at the Aussie who wasted himself in Phuket ?

Thing is, if you are unfortunate enough to have to live in any one of those countries it is enough to send you to drink !

I think the Brits take some beating, when it comes to alcohol consumption..

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

Hoy, Hoy, Hoy!

Send the drunken clown back to his penal colony.

We can all see that you are not exactly the "sharpest tool in the shed" but seriously, Australia is no longer a penal colony.

Correct; Pattaya and Patong seem to be the new penal colonies.

And then some posters wonder why some Thais look down on the foreigners......

Factually this guys style is classic for a drunk unruly alcoholic. Anyone that has worked in a hospital emergency ward knows this. They also know better than to take his behavior personally or to heart or to use it as a justification to look down on foreigners, as God knows they see enough nasty thai alcoholics. Any thai that would use this as justification to look down on someone is simply ignorant and uneducated about alcoholism, which leads us to known issues about educational levels. There's ignorance in all countries and thailand has its own special brand of dysfunction.

Similarly I don't know why educated non ignorant westerners need to chastise and condemn the behavior of an unruly alcoholic so much? That is simply what unruly alcoholics do. There's no rhyme or reason. The police also see it commonly and use discretion as to detain or press charges. This guy didn't run someone over or stab anyone.

Just noticed the number of posts i have made on tv... wow..... really need to get some hobbies.

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 2

"Vast majority of convicts to Australia came From England".

Incorrect! The majority of persons sentenced to transportation (7 years, 14 years or life) to New South Wales and Van Diemans Land were of Irish origin. A large number of those were resident in England at the time of their conviction as this was the only place they could find work and less prejudice for their social standing. Stealing was the most common offence that they were charged with and mostly it was food just so they could stay alive.

It would be very refreshing if before posting comments re. a subject you obviously know very little about you did some research. The ignorance of a lot of those making postings on this topic and in particular Australia, is quite startling. Going on what is said I believe most have never even visited this wonderful country.

• Like 1

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

Hoy, Hoy, Hoy!

Send the drunken clown back to his penal colony.

We can all see that you are not exactly the "sharpest tool in the shed" but seriously, Australia is no longer a penal colony.

and it's Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi, - Oi actually means Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VlfQDQ6KWFs

Lighten up, he's on holiday havin fun, no one was harmed.... he'll be telling this story in bars till the day he dies.... But the ball hangin out is a bit much.

There's holiday fun and then there's being a despicable, disgrace of a man.

And a human.

As I said. Blacklist this dirt for life from entering Thailand.

There's holiday fun and then there's being a despicable, disgrace of a man.

+1...Of course!

no one was harmed said kkup

but..."He was shouting and verbally abusing staff, scaring them, before he collapsed again"

if that is your vision of having fun on holiday... help!

drand11, on 29 Mar 2014 - 15:09, said:

Surprised they didnt take him to airport and put him on a plane home!

If they were to take every drunk tourist back to the airport, then there wouldn't be enough planes, besides, before condemning this guy why haven't we seen any alcohol/drug tests, as far as we know he could have a medical condition, e.g. diabetes. Note, all reports seem to come from one source, Phuket Gazette, with no airline named, no interview with Mr Boubis and no Aussie media picking up the story.

• Like 2

Pattaya and Patong seem to be the new penal colonies.

Good conjugal visiting rights and booze is available .. penal colonies rock!

I've always thought of Oz as the place the Brits sent all their most interesting folks, leaving them with nothing but bitter old gits. Never visited the place, but do have a few friends from there.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 2

Procrastinator, on 29 Mar 2014 - 17:45, said:

This would be so disappointing, for Australia, and australians, if indeed the lad was so drunk as to pass out multiple times, in the manner described, as opposed to an unfortunate occurrence of a mix of alcohol, drugs (prescribed or otherwise), and altitude, or any other combination of factors, which may have resulted in these symptoms.

As no mention of toxicology was made, and as the man was released without charge (which would never happen in Australia) we will never know the real situation or circumstances.

That said.... I can say with some certainty, that blackmirage2013 is an uninformed reactionary without a clue.

Nothing that this idiot has said rings true.

Australians, with a "prisoner" heritage are actually proud of that heritage, and those without are often jealous of them. I do not know any with inferiority complexes, due to the good fortune of their place of birth, quite the contrary, with both Australians, and the world at large, often viewing Australia as the lucky country.

Also, one of Australia's biggest businesses is exporting education, oftentimes to Asians. Australian colleges and universities are amongst the best in the world, with Australians only leaving to seek funding or grants not available, usually due to the high level of competition for places on offer, in Australia

One of Australia's biggest problem in this modern age is the "brain drain" which sees Australian academics seek higher paid employment opportunities in other countries.

As to racism.... Really?

The OP should take a walk around any Australian city to see the extend of our nations multi ethnic culture, which is completely free to practice whatever customs and beliefs they wish to follow, without fear of prosecution or violence being committed on there persons, unlike most other countries in this ever shrinking world.

My conclusion... The OP has suffered some humiliation at the hands of a bronzed Anzac, and needs to lash out to compensate.

For those unfamiliar with the term Anzac, it stands for Australian and New Zealand army corps, a proud body of servicemen and women who have volunteered to selflessly go forth in almost every armed conflict the world has seem in the last one hundred and thirty years, even though they themselves have never been attacked (with the exception of a fews bombs on Darwin), to offer faithful support to both its allies and those unfairly treated by dictators and despots... A proud heritage to be cherished.

It could be that blackmirage2013 has a "see it dont see it" thing happening with his own self esteem.

Come out from behind the smoke and mirrors and tell us what happened to you, so we can all have a laugh.

Oh.... And for any kiwi readers, i don't mean to drag you in with the Anzac comment, but hey, you know the score

Agree with everything you say, except the very first line. As a Aussie I am not ashamed, but I suspect if true, then his family and friends would be. It always fails me to understand why a nation should be ashamed because of on persons actions, which only affect him and those close by.

• Like 1