Wanna buy a house in Thailand with your Thai wife / GF? Think twice and DON'T DO IT.

gp2002

Wyn. Had multiple profiles in the past

Yes, we know that, but you have only been here since January, so who were you previously?

Just curious, couldn't give a hoot really, but you could do me a favour and tone the language down, I am a sensitive sort of guy at heart tongue.png

morphine, valium and wine?

sounds sloppy,

how does one get 8,300 posts and find stimulation?

hasnt it all be said already?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scarpolo

The term you use has a certain resonance on here, some like it, some don't. It reminds me of a mate and a friend of the forum.

But to answer your question, yes everything comes round in rotation and you will note I only post in flurries now, because everything has been discussed before, but it is new to some, because they themselves are new.

Be sure of one thing, misogyny is rife and certain fellows know everything and they are adamant in their point of view, they cannot see that their oft outdated views are set only in the environs that they themselves set, they do not grasp, nor wish to understand there are others who have courted another route, a differing wheel if you wish.

We all have diverse values, beliefs, customs and understanding, I would never put my will or understanding and set it in stone, in the belief that others should blindly follow it, but this thread has been quite entertaining. How people cannot see the irony, or sarcasm if you wish, in certain posts has deafened me with incredulity.

Some just post on the same beat of the same boring mantra of 'I'm always right, why are you just not listening to me, I am always right', a little like Boycott, block, block, block, push to cover, block, block, ohhhh off stump knocked over.

Scarpolo

The term you use has a certain resonance on here, some like it, some don't. It reminds me of a mate and a friend of the forum.

But to answer your question, yes everything comes round in rotation and you will note I only post in flurries now, because everything has been discussed before, but it is new to some, because they themselves are new.

Be sure of one thing, misogyny is rife and certain fellows know everything and they are adamant in their point of view, they cannot see that their oft outdated views are set only in the environs that they themselves set, they do not grasp, nor wish to understand there are others who have courted another route, a differing wheel if you wish.

We all have diverse values, beliefs, customs and understanding, I would never put my will or understanding and set it in stone, in the belief that others should blindly follow it, but this thread has been quite entertaining. How people cannot see the irony, or sarcasm if you wish, in certain posts has deafened me with incredulity.

Some just post on the same beat of the same boring mantra of 'I'm always right, why are you just not listening to me, I am always right', a little like Boycott, block, block, block, push to cover, block, block, ohhhh off stump knocked over.

I enjoy the forums, which is why I participate.

I am learning another culture, all ways possible, including the words to songs I like and intend to play, in thai

I do not know if I will ever return to thailand, but I have a good reason too.

right now, I am adjusting to a travel schedule that brought me across the world, across the country, and across weather than went from 90 degrees to 17 degrees with only a brief stop in the 40's and 50's

Also several different time zones, and a drive 35 hours, with a full load, with only a catnap of an hour.

someone said I posted like a teenager about my trip through rural georgia,

it was good for me, it made me feel young, one of the many trips north and south, as a younger person, but never to US 1 in rural Ga. i didnt even know that still existed up there, and I am glad I found it

I travel without sound, only my thoughts, closed off with Bose headphones, so I am "all in my own head"

no radio, no cell phone

it was clarifying.

I understand the masogyners here, there and everywhere,

I have spent enough time being one, and knowing others

I then spent a few years in LA and SF with all the "children of flower children", mostly pretty females that play an instrument, or paint and dance,

2-3 years knowing them,

completely changed my way of approaching life, and opened me up to women, these guys could never get near...

there, I said it.

I get much prettier females than they do, some

incredibly spiritually and artistically developed and

highly talented and gifted,

why would I permit the negative thoughts of others affect me in the real world,

the answer is, I don't.

I also can only post the way I post.

I write freely,

nothing to fear can only learn

life for me, is awesome

Edited by Scarpolo

How many times have we seen these posts on this forum? Why on earth would anybody come to a foreign country, where they have NO rights, meet a girl in a bar or wherever, and buy a house in her name, knowing that they have NO legal claim on this house? There are so many people here who are at the mercy of these girls, 'ah but mine is different, she really loves me etc etc' This is nonsense. Would they do this back in their home country? Meet a girl, get their <deleted> sucked for the first time in twenty years, and then buy her a house? In her name? Probably a girl who is half their age? Thinking they will live happily ever after? Because she really loves me? Of course not, absolutely laughable. Nobody really knows the history of these girls, despite what they may think. A little anecdote. A few months ago i was invited to an engagement party, an American in his fifties, i didn't know him, a nice guy who was sitting proudly with his new love, a few of us were sat round on the sofa at my friends house( who was hosting the party). In a very loud voice he was telling everybody in earshot that she had never worked in a bar, was going back to the USA with him etc etc. I asked him very politely where he had met her, he said she was buying a telephone and he got chatting to her. Probably about half a dozen times he repeatedly said he was so lucky because she had never worked in a bar. Anyone could see that she was so embarrassed when he kept repeating this, totally humiliated. She shot me a few helpless looks with an almost pleading look on her face. She was a really nice lady. I know this for a fact because i had bar fined her on a few occasions a year or so previously! Of course i didn't let on, i am a gentleman! But it just goes to show how easily it is to believe something you want to believe over here. Despite all this 'mine is different' nonsense', nobody really knows!

A gentleman and a hooker

How many times have we seen these posts on this forum? Why on earth would anybody come to a foreign country, where they have NO rights, meet a girl in a bar or wherever, and buy a house in her name, knowing that they have NO legal claim on this house? There are so many people here who are at the mercy of these girls, 'ah but mine is different, she really loves me etc etc' This is nonsense. Would they do this back in their home country? Meet a girl, get their <deleted> sucked for the first time in twenty years, and then buy her a house? In her name? Probably a girl who is half their age? Thinking they will live happily ever after? Because she really loves me? Of course not, absolutely laughable. Nobody really knows the history of these girls, despite what they may think. A little anecdote. A few months ago i was invited to an engagement party, an American in his fifties, i didn't know him, a nice guy who was sitting proudly with his new love, a few of us were sat round on the sofa at my friends house( who was hosting the party). In a very loud voice he was telling everybody in earshot that she had never worked in a bar, was going back to the USA with him etc etc. I asked him very politely where he had met her, he said she was buying a telephone and he got chatting to her. Probably about half a dozen times he repeatedly said he was so lucky because she had never worked in a bar. Anyone could see that she was so embarrassed when he kept repeating this, totally humiliated. She shot me a few helpless looks with an almost pleading look on her face. She was a really nice lady. I know this for a fact because i had bar fined her on a few occasions a year or so previously! Of course i didn't let on, i am a gentleman! But it just goes to show how easily it is to believe something you want to believe over here. Despite all this 'mine is different' nonsense', nobody really knows!

A gentleman and a hooker

you should have told him,.

what kind of man are you?

then, play him this song:

• Like 1

Gee guys! You know one woman, one single Thai woman and that is enough to know how all other 30 million women in Thailand are!

My somewhat limited experience is different. I know about a dozen farang here in Thailand, married to a Thai woman and having their house in her name. Most of them for longer than 15 years. They have a family, kids, job etc.... a normal life.

Oh, and I count myself in the same category.

Nobody can guarantee that my marriage will last forever, I know. But I believe I know my wife after 16 years of marriage and I know, worst case scenario, I will loose the house. But think of the alternatives. Right.

Either you have to pay a rent or live in a condo.

The rent for a nice house in Bangkok would be around THB 60,000 pM. After 10 years you have spent a total of THB 7,2 mio. That's just about the value of the house. Except if you bought the house, you still have that value. If you rent, that money is gone. We bought the house, in her name. The kids have a home. Even if one day I am no longer there.

YES......I was paying rent for about 4 years, that's why WE decided to buy a house. I was now making the mortgage payments (NOT PAYING RENT). I was making an investment (or so I thought), so that is why I am asking for some of my money, THAT I INVESTED, back.

The reality here is that after four years she won't be able to sell it for equal or more than what the purchase price is. And after four years none of the principal would have been paid off...what again is your gripe?

• Like 1

An American company owned 100% by an American can own land in Thailand.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/714194-foreignor-owning-land-in-thailand/#entry7622229

Stay with the plot dear boy...this is actually a THAI company 100% owned by an American....the THAI company owns the property not the individual American as the company is seen as a legal entity ie a person ....if your going to post links try reading them first as even the lawyer replying to this post says the same thing I am saying...whistling.gif

Can an American in their INDIVIDUAL capacity own landed property ?....No......Is an American setting up a Amity Company for the sole purposes of owning land legal ?....one thinks not.

Question, "I've heard a US citizen may own a small amount of land in Thailand as a result of a treaty between Thailand and the USA enacted right after WWII. Is there any truth in this?"

Thai Visa lawyer answer, "Only a US company under the Amity treaty can own land, individuals can't."

If you have any more questions why don't you post them in the "Ask the lawyer section."

As far as I know an American can own 100% of a company in Thailand. But why ague with me. If you need some help understanding the treaty below post a question in the ask the lawyer forum.

• The Treaty permits American companies to maintain a majority shareholding or to wholly own its company, branch office or representative office located in Thailand.
  • American companies receive national treatment, meaning U.S. firms may engage in business on the same basis as Thai companies, and are exempt from most of the restrictions on foreign investment imposed by the Alien Business Law of 1972.

Does anyone else here hear the echo or pinging?

Dont you just get sick of these topic's. Not every Thai lady or girl is a gutter crawling rat after money .. There are thousands of happy men here with the most caring and beautiful wife, I am one of them .

Because your lady is different, say it don't be shy.

• Like 1

An American company owned 100% by an American can own land in Thailand.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/714194-foreignor-owning-land-in-thailand/#entry7622229

Stay with the plot dear boy...this is actually a THAI company 100% owned by an American....the THAI company owns the property not the individual American as the company is seen as a legal entity ie a person ....if your going to post links try reading them first as even the lawyer replying to this post says the same thing I am saying...whistling.gif

Can an American in their INDIVIDUAL capacity own landed property ?....No......Is an American setting up a Amity Company for the sole purposes of owning land legal ?....one thinks not.

Question, "I've heard a US citizen may own a small amount of land in Thailand as a result of a treaty between Thailand and the USA enacted right after WWII. Is there any truth in this?"

Thai Visa lawyer answer, "Only a US company under the Amity treaty can own land, individuals can't."

If you have any more questions why don't you post them in the "Ask the lawyer section."

As far as I know an American can own 100% of a company in Thailand. But why ague with me. If you need some help understanding the treaty below post a question in the ask the lawyer forum.

• The Treaty permits American companies to maintain a majority shareholding or to wholly own its company, branch office or representative office located in Thailand.
  • American companies receive national treatment, meaning U.S. firms may engage in business on the same basis as Thai companies, and are exempt from most of the restrictions on foreign investment imposed by the Alien Business Law of 1972.

Does anyone else here hear the echo or pinging?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/714950-us-company-owning-land/#entry7635847

Yes, a person can register the company in the US and purchase the land under the treaty but many tend to avoid it as it is a complex process and the company will need to be doing real business as well as comply both to Thai and US law, also the cost of setting up such business are normally high.

Dont you just get sick of these topic's. Not every Thai lady or girl is a gutter crawling rat after money .. There are thousands of happy men here with the most caring and beautiful wife, I am one of them .

Nah, only people with thin skin get sick of these topics. BTW, where did you meet her, and did you buy her a house ?

If you invest say 5 million in buying a house it does not mean you are not paying rent if you live in the house, except of course if you are comparing to just saving the 5 million in your mattress.

If you had not bought the house, you would have 5 million to invest. For easy comparison you could have bought a house in another country where you can own it and rented it out. Whatever rental money you would have received from doing that is what you are actually paying in rent if you buy a house and live in it yourself (thereby receiving no rental income)

You can of course buy a house and take a mortgage, which will leave your 5 million intact to invest, but then you will be paying interest to a bank, and that interest can be considered your rent.

In other words, you pay "rent" no matter what you do.

You may argue that your house will increase in value, which is true, but that will also be the case for the house you buy as an investment to rent out to someone else, so nothing gained there.

Last but not least, there are obviously many ways to invest your money, with varied risk/reward. Investing in a rental house was just for easy comparison.

Edited by monkeycountry

If you invest say 5 million in buying a house it does not mean you are not paying rent if you live in the house, except of course of you are comparing to just saving the 5 million in your mattress.

If you had not bought the house, you would have 5 million to invest. For easy comparison you could have bought a house in a another country where you can own it and rented it out. Whatever rental money you would have received from doing that is what you are actually paying in rent if you buy a house and live in it yourself (thereby receiving no rental income)

You can of course buy a house and take a mortgage, which will leave your 5 million intact to invest, but then you will be paying interest to a bank, and that interest can be considered your rent.

In other words, you pay "rent" no matter what you do.

You may argue that your house will increase in value, which is true, but that will also be the case for the house you buy as an investment to rent out to someone else, so nothing gained there.

Last but not least, there are obviously many ways to invest your money, with varied risk/reward. Investing in a rental house was just for easy comparison.

Yes but non of the above give you "deserts". And lets face it, that's what he paid for.

did someone say, "she's different?"

I don't think he is being shy, I think he just stated exactly that.

"Not every Thai lady or girl is a gutter crawling rat after money .. There are thousands of happy men here with the most caring and beautiful wife, I am one of them ."

​And I like to take the opportunity that I, and most of my friends married to Thais, are a few of the thousands happily married to terrific Thai ladies. When we build homes (not houses) in Thailand we build them for our families not for our wives.

I am also sick of these topic threads.

• Like 1

"Not every Thai lady or girl is a gutter crawling rat after money .. There are thousands of happy men here with the most caring and beautiful wife, I am one of them ."

​And I like to take the opportunity that I, and most of my friends married to Thais, are a few of the thousands happily married to terrific Thai ladies. When we build homes (not houses) in Thailand we build them for our families not for our wives.

Would you opine then,

that the reason foreigners lose their house and their wife,

is self inflicted behaviour?

Would you opine then,

Absolutely!

Some times bad things happen to good people, and some times good things happen to bad people

But , IMO, it is mostly bad choices ,

and the reason we see so much Thai bashing in this forum is I think a way to try to rationalize those bad choices and shift blame.

Grown ups do not only take credit for their successes but also take responsibility for their failures.

• Like 1

Would you opine then,

Absolutely!

Some times bad things happen to good people, and some times good things happen to bad people

and the reason we see so much Thai bashing in this forum is I think a way to try to rationalize those bad choices and shift blame.

Grown ups do not only take credit for their successes but also take responsibility for their failures.

I agree for a big part with ur above comment i would want to point out though that all is not black and white....shades of grey are important.....Thai bashing and Thai apologizing....the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.......you have to distinct bashing and critisizing....the latter is because, when explained in writing,, those people care. Apathy is not the answer.

Ur last sentence is an interesting 1.....if that would have been reciprocal, i would never have had to join this forum. Bad choices is correct IMO 2. Hindsight brings knowledge for future but cannot undo the past. Nobody is perfect !

Edited by benalibina
  • Like 1

I agree for a big part with ur above comment i would want to point out though that all is not black and white....shades of grey are important.....Thai bashing and Thai apologizing....the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.......you have to distinct bashing and critisizing....the latter is because, when explained in writing,, those people care. Apathy is not the answer.

Ur last sentence is an interesting 1.....if that would have been reciprocal, i would never have had to join this forum. Bad choices is correct IMO 2. Hindsight brings knowledge for future but cannot undo the past. Nobody is perfect !

You are right the truth is always some where in the middle,

It is neither all bloom and roses nor gloom and doom ,

In other words life in Thailand and with Thais is just like life anywhere,

Some good and some Bad. Hopefully more good than bad,

but it seems that the Gloom and Doom crowd is the most vocal one, and most off the time we ignore it, but every once in a while......

Anyway, to the subject of this Thread, I ,and most successfully married man build nothing for our wives,

they are not pets for as to build things for them,

We build Homes, and we build lives together.

Would you opine then,

Absolutely!

if I am not mistaken, that was a Thai making that comment,

the rules are different for the rest of us because we didnt grow up there, and truly cannot relate to them

as much as we think we relate, we don't entirely

You are right the truth is always some where in the middle,

It is neither all bloom and roses nor gloom and doom ,

In other words life in Thailand and with Thais is just like life anywhere,

Some good and some Bad. Hopefully more good than bad,

but it seems that the Gloom and Doom crowd is the most vocal one, and most off the time we ignore it, but every once in a while......

Anyway, to the subject of this Thread, I ,and most successfully married man build nothing for our wives,

We build Homes, and we build lives together.

<<<< I ,and most successfully married man build nothing for our wives,

We build Homes, and we build lives together. >>>>

I am pretty sure that is what the boyfriend of the girl I was with thought, when they built two houses in the north country, the first for the mother to live in, and the second, for income, and land appreciation, until they had their last fight 4 years ago, and she kicked him out.

He was Thai. she is Thai, they were building for the future, until he became fed up with her family, and demonstrated it to them verbally and symbolically,

Saving face?

He lost all he spent with her, and she, put up with his cheating, until he turned on the mother.

Many people think 6 months in Thailand wasnt enough for me to get a real feel for it,

I disagree.

The experience of many, was not lost on me, AND, one need not make his own mistakes when the glaring results of others are everywhere

Edited by Scarpolo

I am pretty sure that is what the boyfriend of the girl I was with thought, when they built two houses in the north country, the first for the mother to live in, and the second, for income, and land appreciation, until they had their last fight 4 years ago, and she kicked him out.

He was Thai. she is Thai, they were building for the future, until he became fed up with her family, and demonstrated it to them verbally and symbolically,

Saving face?

He lost all he spent with her, and she, put up with his cheating, until he turned on the mother.

Many people think 6 months in Thailand wasnt enough for me to get a real feel for it,

I disagree.

The experience of many, was not lost on me, AND, one need not make his own mistakes when the glaring results of others are everywhere

So what lesson did you take from the above story

not to Build a life with your wife, or not to cheat in her, and destroy that life?

Like I said it's all about choices

So what lesson did you take from the above story

not to Build a life with your wife, or not to cheat in her, and destroy that life?

Like I said it's all about choices

The lesson I get from the story,

Build a life with your wife, but rent the house.

Not really a Thai only life lesson.

• Like 1