VFS, no appointments available ?

Trying to get an appointment for my wife, for her U.K visit visa, but no dates available for an appointment !!

Supposed to be travelling on 5th May and now concerned that she will not be able to go.

Anyone else having troubles or is it just me ?

I know for Schengan visa it is possible to go direct to the embassies but what about for a U.K visa ?

Thanks

Appointments are normally loaded a week in advance, they are moving offices this weekend that could possibly mean there is a blip in their booking system, though it shouldn't.

Unlike Schengen, it's not possible to pitch up at the British Embassy and lodge an application. Even for the Schengen Consulates that comply with this regulation, you still need to make an appointment.

I agree that they are likely to be in turmoil whilst they settle into their new offices.

It has not been helped by the fact that, since last week, VFS have taken on the processing of British passport application.

This is the link for bookings:-

https://www.vfs.firm.in/th-apptsystem/appscheduling/appwelcome.aspx

5th May should be no issue; a friend got his GF's back in 12 working days.

It may be worth calling/emailing the VFS call centre but I suspect a few days will be lost with the 2 day office closure and settling in to the Trendy Building:-

Visa enquiries

If you still have a visa enquiry after reading the information on this website you can contact one of the VFS visa information service listed below. The services are available in English and Thai from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) between 08.30 and 16.30.

Email: [email protected] Emails are free of charge.

Telephone: +66 2-800-8050. Calls are charged at local rate

Thanks Jip,

She did call couple times last week but they just referred her to the web page you linked above.

I have been on that this morning and no dates available is what it says, not even dates available in a week or 2 weeks, just nothing ?

I will ask her to call again in the morning and try to get her to push for a bit more info :)

I know it is difficult to be patient when you are anxious to get an appointment sorted out.

However, I fear that the next the 2/3 days may only add to your frustration.

I think it most likely that appointments will be available by the end of this week - I am sure your GF is geared to go as soon as a booking is made. Even if an appointment is as late as 7th April it still gives 21 working days (less Songkran closures) to get the visa.

Before any smart Alec says that you should not have booked a flight until you got the visa, we all do - and you could not have predicted the office move.

Looks like the VFS website has changed again and that you can only book an appointments as part of the application process.

Book an appointment

Visit the UK government's visas and immigration website to find out what visa you need. From this website you will be able to complete your online visa application form, pay the relevant visa application fee and book your appointment to submit your application at our visa application centre.

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/book_appointment.html

Looks like the VFS website has changed again and that you can only book an appointments as part of the application process.

Book an appointment

Visit the UK government's visas and immigration website to find out what visa you need. From this website you will be able to complete your online visa application form, pay the relevant visa application fee and book your appointment to submit your application at our visa application centre.

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/book_appointment.html

That is interesting OG - how do you reschedule ???

This link is still 'live' but is coming up no appointments available.

https://www.vfs.firm.in/th-apptsystem/appscheduling/appwelcome.aspx

No idea how you can reschedule, it would be helpful to hear from anyone who has applied and made an appointment via the new website.

I suspect they just haven't got round to taking the old, inactive, website offline.

They only opened their new office today, but they really should have hit the ground running.

My wife called this morning and they have promised her 1st slot on Sat morning. Still waiting for email confirmation of that though !!

When I filled out everything on the UK visa application site, there was a button for view appointment but nothing showed up there either.

Just hope they weren't bullsh*tting her on the phone this morning as I have booked her a flight to Bangkok for Fri evening :)

So the latest update :)

They were bullsh*tting her...

No email confirmation of appointment received.

So she called again today, only to be greeted with an automated answer phone msg saying "we no longer accept phone inquiries".

Still no way to make an appointment online via their website.

Luckily I took the insurance option on her flight to Bangkok, so should be able to cancel that.

I have written a letter of complaint to U.K immigration and they will attempt to answer my complaint within 20 working days !!! However, if the complaint was on behalf of a third party, they require written authorization from that person before they can reply :)

Wrote to VFS head office to complain, they will try to get back to us in 2 working days.

Therefore, at this stage of the 'game' it looks like I will be going to the U.K on my own.

To be honest I just find it funny, in this day n age how is this sort of mess still able to occur ??

C'est la vie