What does "I want someone to take care of me" mean?

hellohello123

In deep and meaningful conversations with the mother of my children, many years after we've been divorced so she's got no more ax to grind with me and can be completely honest.

Discussing what she really wants, which boils down to what kind of guy she's really looking for to take care of her.

She comes out with "It doesn't really matter whether I love him or not, even if I don't like him, as long as he really loves me, that's what I want."

To me that pretty much sums up that sort of attitude, and IMO it's pretty darn prevalent among TG in general.

All the variations you've mentioned, as well as "I want a bread winner and I will be a good home-maker"

It depends on the person. There is no one single interpretation.

There is an other explanation for ''taken care of someone an have one taken care of " that can also mean Killing someone It all depends where you say this!!

In Thailand,

3 guiding principles..

1 Generate money

2 Save face

3 Taking care

Whatever they do, it is driven by one of these 3 principles...

You take care of me, I take care of you...

Generating money in doing so is a must.

Saving face at the same time is a bonus....

It means tha in a country where there is no social security net, no pension, and little money they want a stable future with enough disposable income for the kids. No different from anywhere in the world really.

It really, in my experience, means that a girl wants you to take care of her "financially" which might also mean her family and extended family (uncle's, aunt's, cousins,' etc.

It depends upon the "class" of the girl and her family. The higher the class (social) then the less expected of the farang. The lower the class, the more expectation, i.e. we farangs are "expected" to be rich.

In regards to the prior comment, this is very true. I come from Beverly Hills and Newport Beach society and ALL the women there are also looking for the same thing, except it is a matter of How Much. Thailand is much cheaper and more fun.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

In Asian culture. it is not the expected to say I Love you. it is the expected to demonstrate that love by showing a woman how you will love her, and that means you have the ,means, wherewithal, and desire and commitment to show how you will take care of her! So In essence it is saying she wants someone who will love her and taker care of her.Cynical posters will say she just wants your money, but it is a two way street , she will also take care of you, that is also expected of her and she does not need to say this. for this part takes place when you have decided to take care of her! And if you are commited to your wife of course you will take care of her. it goes without saying that in Asian cultures there is no safety net or social security to take care of them when they have moved to the non working stage.and children and parental care have usually eaten up most of there savings if any!At the end of the day Men also want someone to take care of them but are too proud to say so. Its a bit chilvarous to understand this concept but it is complete honesty from a woman when she says take care me.it is not always a scam it is just the way these women think as part of there Asian culture.and if your lady is sitting around watching Television and gambling away your money and you haven't said anything then you are being a complete wimp because the flip side of the coin is that you should be kicking her ass for doing this and she would be expecting you to kick her ass as it is the wayin Asian culture, So man up take care of her, work hard make a life together and be the boss or suffer the consequences,, as she will respect you for doing the right thing!

• Like 2

im pretty sure it means im going to sit on my arse and file my nails while watching thai soaps and talking on my phone during advert breaks ,while you spend all your hard earned money on me and my extended family and you s[t there pretending you are happy wondering how you got in this mess

Haha - now that's made me SMILE !!! Especially the last bit :'and you sit...mess'.

Actually, Thai women using English are likely to say "I want someone take care." Now, that's harder to decipher.

Some of them mean "I want someone so we can take care each other."

Some of them mean the gold digger version.

It's up to you to get to know them and learn what they mean because they aren't always able to say what they really mean on the first try. After that, actions speak louder than words, and the wise will walk away when are signals are flashing red.

• Like 1

Op, that's exactly what my ex wife used to tell me when we were courting.

I want you to take care of me.

After taking care of her for 25 years, she left me for someone else, leaving me with nothing.

So, I came to Thailand and met a girl, that said to me, let's get together and take care of each other.

I grabbed the opportunity and I am happy ever after.

Saying that, nobody knows what the future can bring.

ahhh,

the breath of fresh air,

the mutually beneficial caring relationship.

why then,

is the word "care" so misused?

If a woman says it, it usually means "I want some rich guy to pay for everything so I can not work and sit on my butt and buy my family stuff". If a foreign man says it, it usually means, "I want some poor girl to work like a slave for rice and water, let me screw around on the side and renounce her family completely."

Why guys make everything so hard. Thai girl say to farang it means lets share YOUR money.

If a girl want love she use word LOVE when it comes to farangs. Thai girls can seperate take care and love why cant the guys do same same.

Just like girls know difference between customer and LOVER while man cannot!

do you imply, once a customer, all ways a customer?

no levels, all one playing field?

You are all wrong,

I've only been here 5 minutes and even I know it's the mans wedding vow.

Traditional Thai wedding

Man swears to take care of woman.

Woman promises to serve man.

They are looking for a husband, sadly foreigner doesn't understand their bad translation.

Foreigners understand

They just also are aware, this can be misused, repeatedly.

I agree, the woman most of the time, wants a husband, and for a husband to "take care" of them.

I had two wives, so it is not a foreign concept,or a concept foreign to foreigners,

they just dont value the Thai female enough to get that far, and they take advantage of the mistreatment of the thai's themselves

Its not only in the farang slang. I have heard all the time with Thais that do not have any relation with a farang.

Agreed,

it is clearly a part of their culture, as many women are mistresses, and some like it just fine

Ive taken CARE of 3 wives,who are all very wealthy women now. To many girlfriends to count. Its same same as owning a big yacht, its a hole in the water you pour money into.

Do you not think your setting a dangerous precedent there lol.........Far too many guys who try to buy love. word of advice, you cant!

Why do you think so many girls look for this............maybe because there are so many chimps out there clap2.gif

All your doing is screwing it up for us sensible kii niou guys w00t.gif

As for the ops question........hmmmm do i really need to answer that.

Ive taken CARE of 3 wives,who are all very wealthy women now. To many girlfriends to count. Its same same as owning a big yacht, its a hole in the water you pour money into.

Do you not think your setting a dangerous precedent there lol.........Far too many guys who try to buy love. word of advice, you cant!

Why do you think so many girls look for this............maybe because there are so many chimps out there clap2.gif

All your doing is screwing it up for us sensible kii niou guys w00t.gif

As for the ops question........hmmmm do i really need to answer that.

No precendent?

what happened to "to each their own"

or, "live and let live"

if that is the way it is with many relationships, everywhere else in the world, why should Thai girls be singled out, as not worthy?

are they presumed guilty, and never innocent? thats a shame for people who cannot allow a female that deep into their psyche without losing their cool,

and presumably their life savings?

frankly, this is an unfair standard to which they are held, and considering they are at least being upfront and honest and stating straight away that they want someone to take care of them, which in turn, is also to mean, they will reciprocate,

then why all the fuss?

both of my wives stopped working, at my request, for us to spend the time together.

I dont get why that is not ok in thailand,

the familes siphoning money, is a good warning to folks, and in many ways, may be the norm, but cluing the fellow in, is not the same as berating him for the choices he wants to make.

I do feel sorry about all the blokes who get kicked to the curb, for whatever reason, after they buy the house, etc., but whose to say bout that

Edited by Scarpolo

It means she wants to take care of you financially. In return she can have a good time whenever she feels like it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

has something like that ever happened to you, personally?

Troll post. lolz Drop a bomb like this then sit back and watch people go at each other. I wish for the most part there was a 100+ post count minimum before you can make threads. These are getting tired. I want some one to take care of me = exactly what it sounds like.....

only a 100 post minimum? i see you have 639+ posts and that hasn't ensured that anything you write is of merit.

• Like 1

"I see so many profiles that have "I want someone to take care of me", and people who say this in person too,

what exactly does it mean? as ive heard so many different variations."

It sounds like it means that a person wants someone else to take care of her/him, instead of this person taking care of him- or herself.

It sure does not sound like: "I want someone who has the same view as me on life's issues and challenges, who appreciates the

same things in life and has the same approach on everyday life, has the same taste in food and music and humor, who I feel

completely comfortable with, without any inhibitions, who has the same curiosity, who treats me as his/her equal and thinks of me before anything else etc etc"

Anyway, it would be best if you would just ask that person what he/she means by it.

It means tha in a country where there is no social security net, no pension, and little money they want a stable future with enough disposable income for the kids. No different from anywhere in the world really.

Quite right, in this country most thai ladies dont make enough to save up for retirement and of course thay want someone to take care of them, their husbands usually leave them for younger girls and thay are on their own raising kids, if they did not say that you would be worried, they need a little help is all, monetary and phisically.

Don't think with the little head it will almost always get you in trouble . Use good sense. Its that simple

I dont think its the little penis HEAD that get guys in trubble. I mean look at the kinds of girls guys take care of. Godawful looking -and thats what the Thais say,.....lol.

''To take care'' someone means generally the same all over the world. Except in Italian sicilian ways. Anyhow, since this is a Thailand centric forum. When a Thai woman says she want you to take care her, it all depends on what kind of women she is.

If she is an issan bargirl - ''In exchange of use of my body sexually and be your girlfriend/wife, you need to provide enough money to support me, my family, my buffalo's, chickens and banana trees. And don't forget the 1MIL Sinsod''

If she is a ''normal'' working class girl - ''I want you to take care of me financially. Plus when we marry I want to have babies and you need to send me money every month when you are not in Thailand, And don't forget to make me look good in front of my family and friends.

If she is a partygirl - ''I want you to send me money every month and I will be yours alone(555:P). But I will be partying every night and hook up with with other guys and giks with your money. And don't forget I have an expensive lifestyle, I am a pretty girl and have many giks to support''

If she is a hi-so wannabe/Maxim model/carshow model - ''take care of me sexually and make me look good, cuz you are a good looking and rich farang, buy me alot of gifts and take me out to fancy places so we can be seen. And don't forget to send me money every month if you want me to be yours alone (555:P) cuz I have an expensive lifestyle, being a model and such''