What does "I want someone to take care of me" mean?

hellohello123

About 20 people were harvesting prik ki nuu( peppers) in the field next door today. I waded out into the field and managed to get a lively discussion going by asking them what does the term "take care" or "duu lae" mean to them. They said it meant to:

"Love one another (rak gan),

"Be faithful to one another (Seua sat gan) and

"Help one another (chuay gan).

When I asked: "Does it mean the woman expects the man to pay for everything?" every single person, man and woman alike, shook their head in disagreement.

(at least as far as I'm concerned) //Case closed//

what you have to remember,,

most on here have never met a normal respectable thai lady,, and in the places most hang out,,,,,, never will,,

then they sit on here generalizing all together,,

sad really, there are some very beautiful people in this country, and i dont just meen looks

In fairness, many Thai women don't want anything to do with a foreigner. Or maybe they do and they're just too shy and awkward around em. But there's absolutely stereotypes about foreigners too, first and foremost being that we're all rich. Don't ask the pepper farmers. Ask your trusted Thai friends. They'll tell you what Thais generally think about us, good or bad.

again my friend a lot depends on were you live, as to what they think of you

Agreed. I see where you're coming from. I just think there's a bit of "you're not meeting the right kind of women" on this forum, like we're all degenerates or something. While there are absolutely plenty of those here in TH, some of the blame has to go to the women. Just last week a Thai co-worker sent me a message more or less saying "I saw you at your desk, but didn't say hello bc I was afraid people would think we are darlings". Pffft. Lame. Sorry, I understand her concern, but there's no way I'm getting with a girl that thinks like that.

• Like 1

OP

If you are a Brit it means ££££££££££££

If you are American it means $$$$$$$$$$$$

If you are European it means (euros symbol won't work in post for some reason)

If you are Japanese it means ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

If you are Thai it means zero!

Edited by iancnx

Its ALWAYS about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to an extent! However, I think its pretty safe to say that if I am a 55 year old man and I have a 23 year old wife...its more likely to be based on $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ more than if I am a 30 year old farang with a 28 year old Thai (or any nationality really) wife. All people want some kind of security. I wouldnt marry some lazy woman that didnt work, I coundnt put up with it. My wife works and it certainly helps BOTH of us to have less stress and worrry.....The age gap between us is pretty much the same as its always been....5 years. Maybe when I am 60 I will get some young crumpet. However, I will NOT delude myself into thinking that a woman that is possibly 25 years younger than me wouldnt prefer to be with someone closer to thier own age. I just cant understand how much some men in this country kid themselves.

...by the way, the age gap between me and my wife is still only 5 years....seems to remain pretty constant blink.png

Edited by Yooyung
  • Like 1

i really really wish some would look outside the pound the doller mark,

believe me some relationships arnt just about money,

im not poor but yesterday i was making farrowing crates, my wife said to me, go and buy some, but i can make them so why not, i wasnt doing anything else with my time,

my wife is 25years younger then me, and yes ill admit i used to worry what people thought, and spoke to my wife about this many times, she says dont worry, let people think what they want to think,

but in our village and wangnamyen the small town, lot of people know us, feed merchents, in the market, all over the place and they never bat an eyelit at us,

just the other day in out village i went to get some water, picked up the 3 containers easy, not to heavy, and the 3 old ladys who were sat there, said to my wife, he have many power thats why he have young wife, and they ment it in a nice way, even my wife was laughing,

many people in thailand see an older falang with a younger wife and dont think she used to be a bar girl,, they arny all that narrow minded,, like some falang!!!

we both work hard in our lifes, yes on a farm, but that is were i wanted to be as im from farming stock in the uk,

when im away offshore my wife takes care of over 100 pigs and the house and our children, and yes ive told her many times to get help in, but she is like me a hard worker and says she can do,

believe me its not all about money,, ill agree, some are, if your renting as some put it, then its about money,

but when your married, its just a partership the same way as any other country,,

sorry for going on and i hope you understand were im coming from, as many will know im not the best speller or good at gramer so i struggle to put down what im thinking,

have a good fday jake,

pic of the first crate i made, in a day,,lol

post-32351-0-80222200-1410834406_thumb.j

There is an exception to every rule....but if you were a betting man, wouldnt you put your money on most relationships in Thailand where the man is significantly older than the woman (think 20 +) years being based MORE on what the man has to offer financially?....in some cases a lot more. I am sorry but if you are an over weight, bald headed, red nosed 60 year old and you have a 23 year old wife wouldnt you be suspicious? If you look like Sean Connery, then..ok, some men age very very well. Personally I dont see much of a problem with any of it as long as people arent kidding themselves. Maybe one day, in 20 years I will do the same.

• Like 2

To me, this is about as sensible as a man saying "I want to sleep with you and all your sisters and cousins". IT may be true but why does it need to be uttered. It just shows show much focus on ME, and op said it was in a bio on a profile page. It just shows how out of touch a person is. What in the world would be wrong with flipping it around and saying "I just want to take good care of a nice man, I am a good cook....". Just the fact that their mind is wired in a way to speak about their needs like this in a bio says so much.

• Like 1

You want a girl that says " Take care of each other " That means they will watch each others backs.

I have one suck Thai Girl. We have been together for over 7 years. She as a very very good job works hard and so on

She is not the perfect girl by any stretch of the imagination but perfect for me . Responsible, very smart, good looking .

We have fun together

This is a question of doing together. Thai men take advantage of woman . Have multiple sex partners, some gamble , drink a lot, don't take care of the kids.

So you wonder why a woman wound say she wants someone to take care of her.

That is the answer

To me, this is about as sensible as a man saying "I want to sleep with you and all your sisters and cousins". IT may be true but why does it need to be uttered. It just shows show much focus on ME, and op said it was in a bio on a profile page. It just shows how out of touch a person is. What in the world would be wrong with flipping it around and saying "I just want to take good care of a nice man, I am a good cook....". Just the fact that their mind is wired in a way to speak about their needs like this in a bio says so much.

Oddly, I've had a few girlfriends say something to the effect of "you want to sex me now" when they sense I'm in the mood. Or "you want I do" when they detect I'm in need of a- Maybe we're just dealing with a more direct culture here. Well, direct when it comes to sex and money anyway.

When you think about it, right now somewhere on line there is probably a debate raging among Thai women about:

"What does a farang guy mean when he says 'I want to find a Thai lady to take care of me'?"

I wonder how many of them would say that the smartest thing to do in this situation is:

"Run for your life!!!!" w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

I'm sure there are some, but let's just pray they aren't in the majority, at least not quite just yet.

OP

If you are a Brit it means ££££££££££££

If you are American it means $$$$$$$$$$$$

If you are European it means (euros symbol won't work in post for some reason)

If you are Japanese it means ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

If you are Thai it means zero!

I have heard that thais use to pay sinsod as well (honestly I don't know if they tell that trying to look less hipocrite or if it's real, it's just what many girls have told me) but sure that girls may not expect being taken care by thais of course

What you can bet milions on it's that the bride's family would be much less greedy if the pretendant is thai than if were foreiger

When you think about it, right now somewhere on line there is probably a debate raging among Thai women about:

"What does a farang guy mean when he says 'I want to find a Thai lady to take care of me'?"

I wonder how many of them would say that the smartest thing to do in this situation is:

I'm sure there are some, but let's just pray they aren't in the majority, at least not quite just yet.

Sweet post, very sweet.

mostly means that the woman who think or said that expect that you will support her and her forever, and initialy her family too

in other words it's the most accural portrayal of a thai woman, at least those ones who use to look for or have relationships with foreigners

nice generalization

yeah, it's the most convenient think to do, otherwise it could last forever analyzing one by one all relationships

Im very sure if they get asked that question,

the thought of

"ok, how buffalos can he pay for , and how many houses can he buy for me, and how many relatives can I get support of him for?"

may cross their mind.....................