What does "I want someone to take care of me" mean?

hellohello123

If a woman says it, it usually means "I want some rich guy to pay for everything so I can not work and sit on my butt and buy my family stuff". If a foreign man says it, it usually means, "I want some poor girl to work like a slave for rice and water, let me screw around on the side and renounce her family completely."

I would prefer a self-sufficient girl to support me and my habits, but I do not intend to buy my or her family stuff--let them get their own care-taker.

Doo lae (Thai) = take care of (English). However doo lae (Thai) also encompasses the meaning 'support' (English). e.g. I have to support my wife and 3 kids on 40,000 baht a month.

The more correct sentence in English would be "I want someome to take care of me and my financial needs," or "I want someone to support me." However it doesn't sound as romantic!

Hope that helps.

in the vast majority of cases it means they want money from you

in my experience any girl who has a decent or semi-decent job never says this. it is a warning sign that a girl is after the easy ride and probably not prepared to work and is probably lazy. there are of course exceptions but i have and would avoid any girl who says this.

It means tha in a country where there is no social security net, no pension, and little money they want a stable future with enough disposable income for the kids. No different from anywhere in the world really.

They are usually more up front about it here though. You've seen the shirts I think. NO MONEY, NO HONEY

You are all wrong,

I've only been here 5 minutes and even I know it's the mans wedding vow.

Traditional Thai wedding

Man swears to take care of woman.

Woman promises to serve man.

They are looking for a husband, sadly foreigner doesn't understand their bad translation.

• Like 2

Usually a good Thai girl will say "lets take care of each other " then you know your on the right track. Some will say "take care of me " which means her extended family as well. You need to make sure you understand what she means.

Then if you agree on the meaning you will not have any problem . You read a lot of negative things about Thai woman here . This is a good site for vending but in reality most (not all) but most Thai woman are nice have a good nature and will give you a happy life. But like anywhere there are woman who will con and steal . So use common sense

Don't think with the little head it will almost always get you in trouble . Use good sense. Its that simple

The problem is I got a big head and a little head, but not enough blood for bothcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifw00t.gif

In most cases they really do not know what they are requesting. I think they do themselves an injustice if they simply want money on a regular basis but really want a compatible marriage. They will get tired of it and leave. It is really up to you to get them to understand what you want and what the 2 of you want together.

I bet you in many cases they say this but when approached by a serious offer then the real desires of the person will surface. All of a sudden they really don't mean it since they know there is an incompatibility.

Maybe they say it because most know they cannot have a man more their age who is sincere and worthy as a husband. They have to compromise! They have to make a big compromise. Therefore, to save face, they make this statement.

If she has kids from a previous relationship with a Thai man it means....

I am at my wits end, and my credit is so unbearable that I am willing to hook up with any farang with loose pockets.

This does not necessarily mean I am giving up on my Thai boyfriend, as he is my first love, and the dad of my kids.

He just cannot pay for it all.

Hope you can take care this for us.

• Like 2

It means you will be expected to pay for everything for her for the rest of your lives so that she can live a life of leisure whilst you work like a dog. It often also means numerous family members will also start asking for money / she will ask you for money for them. Not Thai bashing - facts....

"I want someone to take care of me",...

It means exactly as it sounds...include children...family...extended family...and possibly others...depending upon your generosity...

It is just the way it is...you are an ATM machine...money flows freely...so long as she pushes the right buttons...

I have a feeling a lot of people here look for partners in the wrong places.

Prior to marrying my Vietnamese ex-wife, I was told the same thing: the whole family will leech on you, she is just after your money, ATM, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Of course I gave her money to cook, shop, etc., I think that is only normal. She did work but her salary was a fraction of mine. Her family? Bought a huge dining table because they knew I had problems sitting on the floor, subscribed to English TV channels so I could watch TV on my visits, bought a car so they could pick us up from the airport, and on and on. What did I give the family? Flowers for the mother and the odd bottle for the father.

Damn, looking back at that I should not have gotten divorcedbiggrin.png

• Like 2

"what exactly does it mean? as ive heard so many different variations.

is it "I want some rich guy to pay for everything so I can not work and sit on my butt and buy my family stuff"

or

"Im just looking for a caring partner"

or

"im writing this because every one else is writing it, and I have no idea what it means"

-------------------------------

A pretty good summary of the meanings. It can mean any of the above. You have sift and sort every request.

As in my case "taking care of someone else" isn't so bad if there is satisfying reciprocity.

In most cases they really do not know what they are requesting. I think they do themselves an injustice if they simply want money on a regular basis but really want a compatible marriage. They will get tired of it and leave. It is really up to you to get them to understand what you want and what the 2 of you want together. [/size]

I bet you in many cases they say this but when approached by a serious offer then the real desires of the person will surface. All of a sudden they really don't mean it since they know there is an incompatibility. [/size]

Maybe they say it because most know they cannot have a man more their age who is sincere and worthy as a husband. They have to compromise! They have to make a big compromise. Therefore, to save face, they make this statement. [/size]

No no no and NO.

It JUST refers to money.

Code for "I take care of you - IOW eye candy and sexual services, probably quite diligently in the earlier stages - and you give me as much money as I can wangle out of you."

And when the money starts to slow down, or she gets a better offer at any time along the way, she's out of there.

That's ALL it means. Not saying anything wrong with pay for play, as long as you're getting good value, paying as you go along, not putting down big payments up front expecting to get value back later on down the road, no problem.

And there are times - admittedly rare - when during a pay for play relationship if you're doing it right, true love evolves and the couple do live happily forever after.

But almost NEVER if the money runs out, even if she really does love you, in Asia they are more sensible than to believe the Disney romance fantasies, practical considerations come first they aren't stupid enough to sacrifice practical considerations for "Love".

• Like 2

And their profile photos are often selfies or webcam pics of them sitting on their bed or in front of their pc, looking bored.

Fact: Only boring people feel bored.

Most men will steer clear of such listless dullards. A change of perspective and attitude could help those women a great deal.

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif It means everything you think it means and is flexible on the more side.

I don't want to ever work again, and whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine. No take backs.blink.pngtongue.pngsad.png