Connecting flight

Hi, my visa on arrival will be expired on 13 April, and i have booked my international flight on 14th April morning. However I didn't realise my visa will be expired on 13, so I am planning to buy a ticket to Phuket on 13rd morning and return same day evening and stay inside the transit area in BKK airport. I have asked Thai airways staff and they told me I can check-in all my domestic and international tickets at Phuket airport and go through the immigration there. So my question is when I arrive BKK at 1135pm on 13rd april, and wait for flight on 14th 8 am, will I still be regarded as one-day overstay?

Thanks for all advise!

Edited by naanaa

I think you are on a 30 day visa exempt entry not a 15 day visa on arrival you applied for and paid 1000 baht to get.

What will matter is the time you are stamped out of the country. Even if it is on the 14th you will not pay an overstay fine because your overstay will be less than 24 hours. The immigration officer will put a small blue stamp in Thai in your passport that says you overstayed for less than 24 hours.

Yes. Visa exemption!

Because I am concerned about the stamp on my passport, so I think if I go to phuket on 13 and check in international flight on 13 for my 14th flight may avoid the overstay stamp. Of course, I can change my flight and leave earlier but I have something to do in phuket. So anyone can tell me once after phuket immigration and arrive transit area in BKK, do I have to go through immigration again?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unless you have a flight that is listed as an international flight I don't think you will be stamped in Phuket.

That little blue 24 hour overstay stamp means nothing to any future visas or travel. There is no need to worry over it.

Yes I got international ticket already, and going to buy a separate phuket domestic flight from thai airways. Thai airways wasn't sure if I will be regarded as overstay even in BKK transit area or not!