Ramayana Water Park

gkroo

I took my family to CN on the first day it opened (soft opening) and signed up immediately for the platinum membership. I guess I got lucky because I met the right people that day. They gave me 18months membership for the price of 12months and every time we went until the official opening the food and drinks were free. They allow my family of five to enter on a family of four membership at no extra cost. They also allow my mother inlaw to visit free as she is in a wheel chair. All my kids have had birthday parties there with guests at no extra cost. When my extended family comes from overseas they are not charged entry either. All in all CN has been a great experience for my bunch and I hope Ramayana is as accommodating and family orientated.

Great to have these places being built in Pattaya.

When I read your post it seems as if you have an annual pass for 4 but in fact enter with a full tour bus at no charge.

Must be missing something here.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't happen every time, only on special occasions. As I stated, just lucky I guess to get in early, meet the management at the right time and keep the relationship going. It's a bit expensive now I agree but smiles on kids faces are priceless in my opinion.

I took my family to CN on the first day it opened (soft opening) and signed up immediately for the platinum membership. I guess I got lucky because I met the right people that day. They gave me 18months membership for the price of 12months and every time we went until the official opening the food and drinks were free. They allow my family of five to enter on a family of four membership at no extra cost. They also allow my mother inlaw to visit free as she is in a wheel chair. All my kids have had birthday parties there with guests at no extra cost. When my extended family comes from overseas they are not charged entry either. All in all CN has been a great experience for my bunch and I hope Ramayana is as accommodating and family orientated.

Great to have these places being built in Pattaya.

Agree, it borders on the obserd to compare CNN to Pattaya Park.

But the prices are insane. Why is it more expensive than comparable parks in Australia where the minimum wage is like 10 times higher. I'm pretty sure they'd still make a nice profit at 500 Baht a head. 1590 Baht is ridiculous.

But the prices are insane. Why is it more expensive than comparable parks in Australia where the minimum wage is like 10 times higher. I'm pretty sure they'd still make a nice profit at 500 Baht a head. 1590 Baht is ridiculous.

I take it that you actually haven't visited a water park in the west in the past 20 years.

Try it once an then report back with a review of the entrance price.

Maybe because it's a monopoly at present...maybe because to import and maintain all those maybe imported slides, water pumps, and whatever else it takes to keep one of these places going costs 2-3x the Oz price because of high excise and customs duties like on wine, cars, etc., maybe it's because whoever took the initiative and risk and built the place wants outsize profits or a combination of all these above. Whatever the reason, I don't begrudge the entrepreneur who brought us this park whatever return he can get in the market. My choice is to either pay, go to Pattaya Park, the pool at my village, or the beach.

While on the high side, I don't find the prices that out of line with other attractions one finds in Asia. 2-3 hour tourist attractions in Singapore (Gardens By the Bay, Jarong Bird Park, Sing. Zoo, etc.) are S$ 30-40 per person...and at CN, one can spend the whole day.

Supposedly the pricing at Ramayana will be a bit cheaper than CN. and with the increased competition, maybe CN's prices will come down or maybe the respective owners will collude between themselves to fix prices. This may or may not be illegal but I'm not current on the anti-competition, unfair competition, and anti-trust laws of Thailand (if any).

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

From my inbox today:

You will receive your membership details shortly before we will open our park in mid year 2015. And you will get your final membership card during your first visit at our park. You can also easily identify yourself with your Name and e-mail address or date of birth when you will buy your first ticket. You can purchase your discounted ticket at our final website, our ticket counter or self-service kiosks at our park as soon as we will be open. You will then receive your 20% discount on your first entrance ticket as well as your 5% discount on all purchases in our park immediately.

The email from registration:

You will receive your membership details shortly before we will open our park between the end of 2015 or the beginning of 2016. And you will get your final membership card during your first visit at our park. You can also easily identify yourself with your Name and e-mail address or date of birth when you will buy your first ticket. You can purchase your discounted ticket at our final website, our ticket counter or self-service kiosks at our park as soon as we will be open. You will then receive your 20% discount on your first entrance ticket as well as your 5% discount on all purchases in our park immediately.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by wump

Popped round to the new water park last week to be told by the security guard that they were testing rides & that the park would open on the 10th April which is today.

Anyone been?

TG stopped yesterday, 17 Apr, and got the same spiel from the security guard (but with an 25 April opening date)

Only difference was that there was a long line of cars asking the same question and then doing a U-turn to get back to the main road

• 2 weeks later...

Just been to Pattaya Park 2 days ago. The water quality depends on the day of the week, it does get a bit greenish on some days. It's still 100 Baht for both Thai and Farang. I usually go there because it's not any more expensive then using the big pools from hotels in Pattaya (which are the same price anyway), the lagoon is quite large, the big slide is awesome (an accident waiting to happen though), you can bring your own drinks and food (probably not allowed at CN and Ramayana... 60 Baht for a soft drink? I dread to ask how much a beer is in these places), and it beats swimming in Jomtien/Pratamnak/Pattaya hands down... the water is just sooo dirty at the beach and there is loads of small jellyfish now. And did I mention I would have to fork out 100 Baht for a bed at the beach anyway? As a reward for these f%$&ers cutting down all the remaining trees and occupying all the beach so you have to use their "services"?

A family of 4 can spend the day at Pattaya Park including food and transport

for about or under 1,000 Baht.

At Cartoon Network you will be looking at closer to 10,000 Baht...

Thats like comparing apples and. ...well spaceships, not even close!

Brother I don't know if you have been on the

big slide at Pattaya Park or not? I think

the yellow one..

I went on it last year...

Holy smokes that sucker gave me a fright..

I dont need any thing more wild...

Pattaya park, I have not been to in ages, is it still 100 entry fee? Did they build a new curved slide besides the straight shoots? Coming down the main straight shoots, I hit zero g's twice and landed in the water like a giant wave hit me. Probably wont go again, was extremely dizzy, inner ear banged up possible, from the way I kept hit the water sideways. The other parks look like a lot of fun but I admit the prices are a turn off especially for more than one person.

Well it looks like Ramayana will not be opening in April after all....

As far as Pattaya Park vs Cartoon Network

A family of 4 or 5 can have a very fun day at Pattaya Park for around 1,000 Baht

Cartoon Network is going to cost closer to 10,000 Baht with all the extras..

I am sure Cartoon Network is better but I will never find out because I will not pay those

prices ever..If others want too, go for it...

Edited by fforest1

Thay cartoon water park aint look so good is it? Anyone been there? I heard food inside is expensive too... its not look busy there at all...

My children loved it ,but they were not paying .For myself i would far rather spend the day at Pattaya Park ,knowing that my wallet is not being drained by the minute .Thai Ladys and kids eat 24/7 .At least with P.P you can bring in your own food and drink .

Edited by anto

>>Pattaya park still B100 ? <<

A previous poster said its still B100 .I have only used the shorter slower slide to the extreme right and that was scary enough .I took my kids to The Cartoon Channel ,and Black Mountain Hua Hin ,but never again unless i win the Lotto .

Pattaya Park, that's the place where little kids get sucked into the pool filters and die. No wonder they are so cheap in price to attend.

It sucks to be poor...literally.

As to the complaints about the pricing of the upmarket waterparks, I quite like it as it keeps the numbers of visitors down and the lines for rides short.

Pattaya Park, that's the place where little kids get sucked into the pool filters and die. No wonder they are so cheap in price to attend.

That was about 8 years ago .I am sure it has been fixed by now .Since then i have not heard of any other problems .

That was about 8 years ago .I am sure it has been fixed by now .Since then i have not heard of any other problems .

About 3-4 years ago i would say.

Edited by onemorechang

About 3-4 years ago i would say.

Time flys quicker than we think .I am up in Chiang Mai from Pattaya /Jomtien 6 years now and i know it happened before then .

Interesting pricing - Adult Price 990 Baht

I just had a look at the entry price for a similar water park in the UK, adult price Stg15.50 (about 750 Baht).

So we have a UK tourist attraction which costs around twice the HOURLY minimum wage Stg7.20 (about 350 Baht) and a Thai tourist attraction which they think is worth 3 times the DAILY minimum wage in Thailand.

I don't care that Pattaya Park is old and falling apart 100 Baht for a water park in Thailand is the right price when related to local wages.

Edited by gmac

I just had a look at the entry price for a similar water park in the UK, adult price Stg15.50 (about 750 Baht).

So we have a UK tourist attraction which costs around twice the HOURLY minimum wage Stg7.20 (about 350 Baht) and a Thai tourist attraction which they think is worth 3 times the DAILY minimum wage in Thailand.

I don't care that Pattaya Park is old and falling apart 100 Baht for a water park in Thailand is the right price when related to local wages.

Bottom line is i don't think they are looking to minimum wage earners for their customers.

I haven't tried this new place yet but the prices are similar to Cartoon Network and the times i have been there the number of people for the facilities seemed about right and that has been midweek so probably still crowded at weekends at that price.

Coming to you live...plenty of Thais here...allot of Ruskie families having a ball...a smattering of Chinese. Full report to follow. Don't see many poor Brits...must be at Pattaya Park ? Edited by OMGImInPattaya

>>I just had a look at the entry price for a similar water park in the UK, adult price Stg15.50 (about 750 Baht). <<

I doubt that its anything near similar.A movie ticket is 15 sterling now in the UK for Gods sake .

Disney parks are far to be cheap, but they are places where children drown...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3162124/Officials-Child-Disney-World-resort-pool-dies.html

Disney parks are far to be cheap, but they are places where children drown...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3162124/Officials-Child-Disney-World-resort-pool-dies.html

The difference being the parents of the Disney child became multi-millionairs whereas the Pattaya Park parents likely got bupkis.