Thai PM defends herself against negligence charges

webfact

What's the big deal about the amount of time she spent there? It was a hearing, in any normal court you turn up, listen to the charge, have your lawyer speak on your behalf, make a plea whether guilty or not, they accept the plea and the hearing is normally closed in less that 10 minutes, it's only to hear the charges, make a plea, and then the rest is up to the courts to decide as and when to proceed with any trial based on evidence presented.

Some of you are like vultures, it's quite funny really, that your lives seem to revolve around whether she gets the boot or not, must be exciting in your households tongue.png

I wonder what you would all do if it was decided there wasn't enough evidence to pursue her, and she remained firmly where she is?? ( you never know, it should be a possibility to consider ) as this is Thailand, full of little surprises, and I also hope that the investigations into other high profile people get the same focus of attention, after all, graft is graft, no matter how big or small, and no amount of corruption should be acceptable..

She actually turned up to hear the charges laid against her, which is more than some people have bothered doing though eh wink.png

The reading of the charge was a few weeks ago. Today she was presenting her defense ... in 10 minutes.

Maybe she didn't have any defense, so why waste more time .

How can she be minister of defense with no defense. She didn't know a thing about the defense job that she took on. comedienne .

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the MODS... it is exactly about this situation and how the REDS are going on April 43 to cause CHAOS if Yingluck is in trouble. They have been sprouting off thier mouths so much that the figures for Tourism appear down 30% across the board for the same comparative period last year. (this was on this forum yesterday) So regardless of TAT this is no tit for TAT and now the effects on Thailand will be hard. So Yinny and co, what do you have to say to the people who ENTRUSTED you to care for them,?

This was in the Australian newspaper THE AGE. Now that was today and each day there has been something about this little fiasco going on here. Australia is a LARGE PART opf the tourism market to thailadn considering our small population so this certainly will not help the little shops on the soi's.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/thailands-red-shirts-gear-up-for-a-fight-20140331-zqouc.html

Tourism down 30% and you are referring to what the red faction might do?

Do you think it is possible that Bangkok being shutdown by a lunatic and his mob for the last few months might just have something to do with it?

No.

• Like 2

Too dense to know what she's gotten herself into; let alone address the press with coherent speech that would resemble a leader. Better to keep the trap shut; at least she's learning that.

Did you read the bit in the OP were it say's, these guy's have still not finished a graft case against Mark after 4 years, and as for your hero Suthep well they can't even be bothered to make him front court let alone the plethora of corruption accusations against him,

But then your selective reading will not let you take in that little tit bit of info now will it, yellow tinted glasses...

I would like to challenge you, can you produce one iota of evidence that YL is corrupt??? cause if you can, better you go n tell them boy's you have all the answers, good luck with that, cheers

I may be wrong, but I recall the case against the Dem's rice subsidy was only placed by the PTP after the NACC accepted the corruption cases against the PTP rice scheme a little over a year a go. Maybe just maybe the allegations against the Dems has very little evidence to prosecute or more evidence is required,it was a knee jerk reaction by the PTP after the Dems exposed the irregularities in the present system that was continuing to damage the country and was necessary to act to stop any further damage to Thailand"s fiscal position and reputation as a world leader in rice production.

https://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com/2010/12/25/teflon-mark-and-the-nacc/

• Like 2

I would like to challenge you, can you produce one iota of evidence that YL is corrupt??? cause if you can, better you go n tell them boy's you have all the answers, good luck with that, cheers

The investigation is in process, as you well know. Would you like to make a bet on the outcome?

I seriously wonder how some people can still see the rice scheme in a rosy light. Or the failed amnesty bid. Or the incredible attempt to remove Parliamentary oversight of a 2 trillion baht loan and also of international treaties governing resource access rights (that's the worst of all IMHO although it was overshadowed by the amnesty bill).

I suppose you could overlook individual items as aberrations but when you consider them together the trend is obvious. They are trying to strap the country down and gang rape it.

Hey don't forget the Thaksin passport job, AND---AND----

Too dense to know what she's gotten herself into; let alone address the press with coherent speech that would resemble a leader. Better to keep the trap shut; at least she's learning that.

Did you read the bit in the OP were it say's, these guy's have still not finished a graft case against Mark after 4 years, and as for your hero Suthep well they can't even be bothered to make him front court let alone the plethora of corruption accusations against him,

But then your selective reading will not let you take in that little tit bit of info now will it, yellow tinted glasses...

If my memory does not betray me the rice scheme was accused of massive corruption but Yingluck have claimed on several occasions it was corruption free. She was the chairman of the committee, the whole rice scheme fiasco was her election campaign flagship policy and she benefited from it directly. So unless those 200 pages of evidence show exactly where the money went she is in big trouble.

It is the job of the prosecutor to produce evidence and court will judge on the case. Will you accept a court rulling if she is found guilty?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Your argumentation is a common use for criminals in court. " I'm professional gangster or killer. If I don't do my job my "colleages" will do it.

First check my "colleagues", than you can check me.

What's the big deal about the amount of time she spent there? It was a hearing, in any normal court you turn up, listen to the charge, have your lawyer speak on your behalf, make a plea whether guilty or not, they accept the plea and the hearing is normally closed in less that 10 minutes, it's only to hear the charges, make a plea, and then the rest is up to the courts to decide as and when to proceed with any trial based on evidence presented.

Some of you are like vultures, it's quite funny really, that your lives seem to revolve around whether she gets the boot or not, must be exciting in your households tongue.png

I wonder what you would all do if it was decided there wasn't enough evidence to pursue her, and she remained firmly where she is?? ( you never know, it should be a possibility to consider ) as this is Thailand, full of little surprises, and I also hope that the investigations into other high profile people get the same focus of attention, after all, graft is graft, no matter how big or small, and no amount of corruption should be acceptable..

She actually turned up to hear the charges laid against her, which is more than some people have bothered doing though eh wink.png

The reading of the charge was a few weeks ago. Today she was presenting her defense ... in 10 minutes.

Hate to bring it up but she was asking for more time. Also a regular thing in any court room. Anyone who has a case like this would have done the same or committed political suicide. I found this in a book by Edward Rutherford. I think it fits both sides in this mess happening in Thailand right now. “The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it.”

Edward Rutherfurd.

I may be wrong, but I recall the case against the Dem's rice subsidy was only placed by the PTP after the NACC accepted the corruption cases against the PTP rice scheme a little over a year a go. Maybe just maybe the allegations against the Dems has very little evidence to prosecute or more evidence is required,it was a knee jerk reaction by the PTP after the Dems exposed the irregularities in the present system that was continuing to damage the country and was necessary to act to stop any further damage to Thailand"s fiscal position and reputation as a world leader in rice production.

https://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com/2010/12/25/teflon-mark-and-the-nacc/

didn't read any reference regarding the Dems rice subsidy in that lot, something about sms messages and Teflon pots and pans, kinda not what I was referring to RE: NACC have been sitting on the case for 5 years.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Testifying about her conduct as a public official concerning a publically funded project, isn't held in public court?

Only in Thailand.....

If they convict her of negligence because there was corruption, it basically means you can convict just about any public official who heads up any public organisatoin with a budget.

So let's get started.

Some of you are like vultures, it's quite funny really, that your lives seem to revolve around whether she gets the boot or not, must be exciting in your households xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6x.png alt=tongue.png width=20 height=20>

Maybe she didn't have any defense, so why waste more time .

How can she be minister of defense with no defense. She didn't know a thing about the defense job that she took on. comedienne .

Make that fake comedienne.

We have a person summoned and appearing in court accused of 'negligence'

We have a guy roaming the streets accused of the murder of Thai citizens

Both in prominent position when their specific event occured

To the casual observer the balance of the scales of justice appear somewhat skewed

Make no mistake it is this perceived imbalance that carries the potential to escalate internal conflict

A well known phrase from 'Animal farm' springs to mind when contemplating the history and future of Thailand

Just to clarify, do you mean small negligence, medium negligence or massive & bankrupting negligence?

To the casual observer the balance of the scales of justice appear somewhat skewed

Make no mistake it is this perceived imbalance that carries the potential to escalate internal conflict

A well known phrase from 'Animal farm' springs to mind when contemplating the history and future of Thailand

Just to clarify, do you mean small negligence, medium negligence or massive & bankrupting negligence?

Is there a balance as in murder, multiple murder, or mass murder, I'll leave you to expand and complicate if you wish to try so hard to miss the point delivered....smile.png

I wonder if her legal team could muster the nous to tell her that "I didn't do anything" wasn't a great line of defence against a negligence charge?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Surey, "I was only following orders" defense would be a little more credible.

I may be a bear of very little brain, but has anyone actually been convicted yet of corruption with regard to the rice scheme?

If they have not yet been convicted, how can she be charged with negligence, if you have yet to prove corruption?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Both in prominent position when their specific event occurred

Have you forgot where most of the problems have arisen from, Dubai, funny you didn't include the biggest rogue, the biggest dung stirrer and he is still at it. now losing stirring up his red army using them to fight the army, Thaksin now is in self destruct mode, taking along with him Thailand he loves---pewk.

• Like 1

Is there a balance as in murder, multiple murder, or mass murder, I'll leave you to expand and complicate if you wish to try so hard to miss the point delivered....smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Thanks for supporting my comment.

"

Better take to reading the stuff that is running every day in "The Age.". your big Aussie newspaper.

The investigation is in process, as you well know. Would you like to make a bet on the outcome?

I seriously wonder how some people can still see the rice scheme in a rosy light. Or the failed amnesty bid. Or the incredible attempt to remove Parliamentary oversight of a 2 trillion baht loan and also of international treaties governing resource access rights (that's the worst of all IMHO although it was overshadowed by the amnesty bill).

I suppose you could overlook individual items as aberrations but when you consider them together the trend is obvious. They are trying to strap the country down and gang rape it.

Don't be so quick to bet. An NACC verdict has to be approved by 60% of the senate. Hence, 90 senators have to agree and yesterday's senate vote was for 77 senators. Slightly less than 43% of those registered to vote actually voted and there were over 3 million no or not able to count votes. The other 73 senators are appointed and there is no guarantee on these either.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Testifying about her conduct as a public official concerning a publically funded project, isn't held in public court?

Only in Thailand.....

If they convict her of negligence because there was corruption, it basically means you can convict just about any public official who heads up any public organisatoin with a budget.

So let's get started.

I just don't see how you can convict the head of the organisation before you have proven the case against someone below. I wish them luck, but in true Thai fashion this will be a farce.

Maybe her maid, cook or driver will take the rap.

To the MODS... it is exactly about this situation and how the REDS are going on April 43 to cause CHAOS if Yingluck is in trouble. They have been sprouting off thier mouths so much that the figures for Tourism appear down 30% across the board for the same comparative period last year. (this was on this forum yesterday) So regardless of TAT this is no tit for TAT and now the effects on Thailand will be hard. So Yinny and co, what do you have to say to the people who ENTRUSTED you to care for them,?

This was in the Australian newspaper THE AGE. Now that was today and each day there has been something about this little fiasco going on here. Australia is a LARGE PART opf the tourism market to thailadn considering our small population so this certainly will not help the little shops on the soi's.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/thailands-red-shirts-gear-up-for-a-fight-20140331-zqouc.html

Tourism down 30% and you are referring to what the red faction might do?

Do you think it is possible that Bangkok being shutdown by a lunatic and his mob for the last few months might just have something to do with it?

You can't have it both ways, for a few weeks now you red stooges have been prattling on about how Suthep's attempt at shutting down Bangkok has been a total failure! Now you blame redused tourism on that shutdown, isn't that typical PTP double standards? whistling.gif

Good one. Totally obvious but it slipped past me ............... and probably all the red trolls as well.

• Like 2