Why I LOVE pattaya.

infinity11

Unfortunately that is so untrue. Everything doesn't go 24/7........... it used to be that way but now more and more rules, selectively enforced by way of crackdowns in many cases.

• Like 1

Unfortunately that is so untrue. Everything doesn't go 24/7........... it used to be that way but now more and more rules, selectively enforced by way of crackdowns in many cases.

I take your point, but I suspect that we've both sat in bars, drinking with the lights turned off and the music turned down while the cops wandered past, tea money securely stashed in their pockets :D

I've left bars in central Patts at 7am and there were still customers drinking and playing pool. No dramas, no fights - if anything, I prefer those evenings to the madness that often precedes 'closing time' elsewhere in Pattaya.

• Like 1

Unfortunately that is so untrue. Everything doesn't go 24/7...

So untrue? Ok certainly not everything, but I appreciate to be able to go make my shopping during the night, being midnight or 5am, with nearly nobody in the shop. No problem to find a restaurant so you can eat at whatever hour you want/need. Probably not so easy to find a bank opened after 8pm or 9pm, but it still lets you more than 12 hours a day to visit them. Many pharmacies and clinic/hospitals open 24/7 in case of health problem. Most petrol stations are 24/7 too. All in all not so bad wink.png

What are the services you would need in the middle of the night but who are closed ?

• Like 1

Why I love Pattaya?

Where else in the world can you do all of the below in the same day, all within a half hour of the city?

1) Play some great golf courses with beautiful caddies

2) Take your bike to BIRA and for 1200 baht, ride all day at any speed you want with no insurance, safety regs and so on.

3) Take your go-cart to BIRA and race all day for 800 baht.

4) Go skydiving to jump from 13,000', with only your first jump tandem.

5) Parasailing

6) Go jet skiing all day with your buddies (but don't rent:)

7) Go out on the water for fishing, skiing, tubing or whatever else.

8) Go out to Pattaya Airpark and learn to fly or rent a plane

9) Take up a hobby with never having to worry about snow or cold weather. Now I'm into RC helicopters but there's probably a club for whatever you like to do.

10) Go out to some great clubs like IBar after an awesome lobster dinner on the waterfront.

You see, so many people hate Pattaya but the real reason is because they don't have the money to enjoy life. No different if they lived anywhere else int eh world on a limited income. Get out of the bars and enjoy life…..!

• Like 1

[i seem to recall busloads of Asian tour groups (families, mostly) from Korea and Japan well before the Chinese

I remember them too. The big Japanese buses would go from massage parlor to massage parlor and the wives would help the men pick out girls to bring back to their hotel. That was back when Pattaya was really wild.

• Like 1

Yes, and you didn't have to drive half way to Nakhon Nowhere to find a 'local' pub and try something 'strange'. Used to be you only needed to go half-way down the road towards Naklua, just past the temple, to be in a wilderness where no white man feared to tread.