Airport planned for Mabprachan area

changnaam

My wife was in a meeting with our local representatives in Pong sub district and there is a lot of discussion regarding the huge plot of land out by the lake.

They are finalizing plans for a single runway airport which will link up with the high speed rail from Bangkok, and the new highway which will come through the same area taking the tourists south to Jomtien, Bang Saray etc.

Expected to move around 10 million passengers per annum when it opens in 2020.

Another great step forward for the plans to create a first class tourist destination.

I am concerned though, as are other local residents about the noise pollution, which I think was the jist of the meeting.

Nice try...do you guys wait in anticipation all year to post this stuff? Though the plot of land is almost big enough for a small airport.

On a more serious note...anyone got any news on what's going on there? They are still grading and leveling and that's been foi g on for months.

I assume that your post is in celebration of April 1st -- April Fools! It is, in any event, total nonsense. Is the airport supposed to handle space ships from Mars? In 2008, 4.5 million tourists visited Pattaya, so every man, woman and child that visits Pattaya (assuming that it will grow to 10 million by 2020) will use this facility (which ever one you are referring to). And don't worry about the noise pollution from the airport -- the silence will be deafening (at least from the airport; not sure about the noise from what is actually going on that spot of land).