STR guard shot dead in Nonthaburi

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It's a dreadful thing. Both sides are quite willing to use violence against each other but the truly innocent also get caught in the crossfire

I know from your posts which side you are on. It must be quite clear it's MAINLY (not only) the red militia using violence, being cheered on by their leaders. They even use statements as: Let's arm ourselves, let's bring the yellows to justice, let's show them we defend our rights, let them see who are the builders of Thailand, let them know who is really in charge. And other rhetoric. At least Suthep (of whom I am not a supporter) states both on stage and in the press that he wants to protest peacefully and that his group should do so too. That's the difference. Another sad day for Thailand.

• Like 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a dreadful thing. Both sides are quite willing to use violence against each other but the truly innocent also get caught in the crossfire

Not quite true. One side has used violence against anyone they don't like for years. The other side uses violence to defend itself.

But you just can't admit it.

Totally agree, Ken. Somebody needs a dog and a white cane !

It's only gonna get worse, especially if Yingluck is removed by the courts, as the Red will see that as the "silent coup", and will react against it, violently. My opinion is that they won't try to take on the army in a face to face confrontation, because they know they can't win that way, unless there is a significant number of "red" soldiers and military leaders that break away to help them. Instead they'll use hit & run tactics, ambushes such as this one, and other terrorist tactics similar to those being used now in the south by the "insurgents". They will also specifically target "high profile" targets and go after them.

Thailand is descending into anarchy, and the country is going to hell. No one, anywhere, will be safe. Bombs and grenades aren't discriminatory. And neither are bullets sprayed into a crowd. That applies to foreigners as well as Thai. The more it continues, the more investors will pull out, less and less tourists will come, the economy will crash and burn.

Solution? Hell, if I had one I'd be the smartest man in Thailand. I've never been in favor of a coup or martial law, but that may be the only way to halt this madness before it gets totally out of hand. All sides need to wake up, open their eyes, and see what they are doing to their country, and to each other, but I'm afraid it has become so "color coded" that it's too late for that.

Not quite true. One side has used violence against anyone they don't like for years. The other side uses violence to defend itself.

Try telling that to anyone who saw the violence at Rajamangala last November...just one example. There are many. This should not be a question of which side has the greater capacity for/willingness to use violence. All violence is to be condemned.

Sorry Prbkk, normally I'd agree with you but it's overly simplistic to say that all violence is wrong. People who live in nice safe democratic western countries can afford the luxury of taking the high moral ground but, if your home country was invaded and occupied, would you not support the use of violence in resisting it? In Thailand, violence was used to deprive more than 20 million people of their votes. If that anti democracy violence is allowed to continue then there will inevitably be a backlash.

• Like 1

Try telling that to anyone who saw the violence at Rajamangala last November...just one example. There are many. This should not be a question of which side has the greater capacity for/willingness to use violence. All violence is to be condemned.

Sorry Prbkk, normally I'd agree with you but it's overly simplistic to say that all violence is wrong. People who live in nice safe democratic western countries can afford the luxury of taking the high moral ground but, if your home country was invaded and occupied, would you not support the use of violence in resisting it? In Thailand, violence was used to deprive more than 20 million people of their votes. If that anti democracy violence is allowed to continue then there will inevitably be a backlash.

In other words you are condoning this attack and other like, aren't you?

I don't know anything at all about the circumstances of this attack. For all I know it might have been his girlfriends husband, or a gambling debt. What I am saying is that the blanket statement "all violence is wrong" is untenable unless you're willing to stand idly by while evil is done.

In his early life, Albert Einstein was an outspoken pacifist. He spoke out strongly against armies and militarism of all kinds. After 1945 he ruefully admitted that he had been wrong and that sometimes violence is justified in defence of freedom and basic human values.

Scum, firing from a place of worship...

How much lower can the PTP and Shinawatra thugs get???

Very much so, I am afraid.

Power corrupts, and those in so much power will do anything to keep power.

...on both sides...

I don't know anything at all about the circumstances of this attack. For all I know it might have been his girlfriends husband, or a gambling debt. What I am saying is that the blanket statement "all violence is wrong" is untenable unless you're willing to stand idly by while evil is done.

In his early life, Albert Einstein was an outspoken pacifist. He spoke out strongly against armies and militarism of all kinds. After 1945 he ruefully admitted that he had been wrong and that sometimes violence is justified in defence of freedom and basic human values.

I don't know anything at all about the circumstances of this attack.

Then allow me to clue you in, there have been dozens of unprovoked gun and grenade attacks against anti-government protestors in the last three months or so, this particular one was announced beforehand by a Red Shirt DJ, part of the same group that a few days ago was found carrying war weapons of the same type and with the same lot numbers as those used in previous attacks.

Of course if you'd rather stuck your head in the sand and pretend to think that this attack was the act of a cheated husband as to ease the pangs from your cognitive dissonance, then so be it, it doesn't make you look good though.

You clearly have a much more detailed inside knowledge of what they red shirts are up to than I do. I was merely pointing out that, in general terms, violence is not always unjustified.

Then allow me to clue you in, there have been dozens of unprovoked gun and grenade attacks against anti-government protestors in the last three months or so, this particular one was announced beforehand by a Red Shirt DJ, part of the same group that a few days ago was found carrying war weapons of the same type and with the same lot numbers as those used in previous attacks.

Of course if you'd rather stuck your head in the sand and pretend to think that this attack was the act of a cheated husband as to ease the pangs from your cognitive dissonance, then so be it, it doesn't make you look good though.

You clearly have a much more detailed inside knowledge of what they red shirts are up to than I do. I was merely pointing out that, in general terms, violence is not always unjustified.

It was headline news in some of the main newspapers yesterday, posted on some red shirt's facebook, so hardly inside knowledge. But ok, you may not have heard it on red shirt radio, and if you did by accident, you can always pretend you did not hear it :-D Edited by monkeycountry

What do you do in your spare time, pulling wings from flys? Oh sorry, you don't have any spare time because you have to keep replying with utter nonsence.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It was headline news in some of the main newspapers yesterday, posted on some red shirt's facebook, so hardly inside knowledge. But ok, you may not have heard it on red shirt radio, and if you did by accident, you can always pretend you did not hear it :-D

I personally don't give much credence to what people say on their Facebook page or on some partisan local radio station but hey.....up to you!

Hmmmm....."Monkeycountry"? I hope that's not a racist reference to the country where we live.

...on both sides...

On one red side...and very one-sided when it comes to agitator/violence.

I agree - with Albert Einstein.

However,

I just can't see how anyone could possible see a terrorist group, headed by a dubious convicted criminal, as being in defense of freedom and basic human values. This being the same group that tries to stop free speech, censure anyone who speaks against them, acts illegally, repeatedly makes promises and vows with no intentions of honoring them, and refuses to be held accountable, reveal true figures and answer questions. More recently they have openly called for treasonable rebellion, secession, and admit freely to recruiting, training and arming their own private army. Notice the threat that they will enter Bangkok. A criminal gang entering politics and subverting true freedom and democracy by pretending to be democratic and for the people has been scene a few times before in various emerging countries. This gang is no different to many of them - simply corrupt thugs out to enrich themselves and their gang. The problems in Thailand won't go away until this ruthless and very dangerous criminal gang are behind bars where they belong.

Speculating that this was not a red shirt militia murder, when they even pre-warned of the attack is like suggesting Thaksin was not involved in the 2010 insurrection.

• Like 2

I agree - with Albert Einstein.

However,

I just can't see how anyone could possible see a terrorist group, headed by a dubious convicted criminal, as being in defense of freedom and basic human values. This being the same group that tries to stop free speech, censure anyone who speaks against them, acts illegally, repeatedly makes promises and vows with no intentions of honoring them, and refuses to be held accountable, reveal true figures and answer questions. More recently they have openly called for treasonable rebellion, secession, and admit freely to recruiting, training and arming their own private army. Notice the threat that they will enter Bangkok. A criminal gang entering politics and subverting true freedom and democracy by pretending to be democratic and for the people has been scene a few times before in various emerging countries. This gang is no different to many of them - simply corrupt thugs out to enrich themselves and their gang. The problems in Thailand won't go away until this ruthless and very dangerous criminal gang are behind bars where they belong.

Speculating that this was not a red shirt militia murder, when they even pre-warned of the attack is like suggesting Thaksin was not involved in the 2010 insurrection.

Glad that the three of us - me, you and Einstein - are agreed that violence is sometimes justified. The debate over who is justified and when is an entirely different matter.

I don't know anything at all about the circumstances of this attack. For all I know it might have been his girlfriends husband, or a gambling deb.

Reminiscent of Thaksin's explanation for the murder of human rights lawyer Somchai or why people died at Tak Bai.

Also of some concern is how many retards keep clicking 'like' in news stories about such violence. On the BP website so far 47 sick ( self censored ) people have 'liked' that this poor person has been murdered in cold blood and 3 others injured. What kind of a world are we living in ?!

At least twice now the red shits have used Temples,

Where is your proof? But mybe the tables are turned now. Remember suthep oreder his people to shoot poeple IN the temple before.

Try finding some other news sources, you know, ones that have a contrary viewpoint.

The proof is in court and witness statements, once in 2010 and once this year, they've admitted publicly to red shirt gunmen (not black shirts) firing from within Temple's, hence my "twice" reference. You'll find them if you go look.