Where are the beer bars in kata?

wellred

The lack of response says it all.

The days of the 'jungle bar' beer huts are long gone in Kata. With all those big development down on the Club Med road, all those beer bars have migrated to the traffic light end of Tania Road. There are a few more in and about the road opposite the Kata market.

Thanks do you mean where taina meets kata road or the other side? I guess I will settle for what's there and can always get a taxi to Patong if it's that dead. I wanted to try a stay In kata for a more relaxing break this time. Patong is too full on for me.

Around the traffic light end of Taina, quite a few little bars down the right side of Taina, big sports bar on the left. 2 or 3 bars at the traffic lights on the main Patak Road. Bars at the next road past the lights, opposite the market. A few bars scattered down that road that comes out near Club Med. Used to be a couple of bars oposite Club Med main entrance.

Maybe Karon would have been a better alternative for the OP, plenty of bars but still a bit of a pleasant village like atmosphere, which is entirely lacking in Patong. When I spent a few hours in Kata the last low season, I vaguely had the impression it was developing into a slightly upmarket/family oriented type of place.

Thanks all I think I know where you mean.

I had also considered karon but personally I wanted to be within walking distance to a nice beach and I think kata is a superior beach.

I actually wanted to stay near kata noi but am not able to find any guest friendly hotels nearby on agoda so settled for kata.

I live in Kata and frankly just got annoyed with it all in the bar scene there, attitudes have changed a lot since I first arrived here. I recently took a trip to Udon Thani for a change (you can fly direct for small money) and was actually pleasantly surprised. Udon seems to have "grown up" since I was last here. It actually reminded me of what the bar scene used to be like in Phuket years ago. It could be worth a trip for a change.......

I live in Kata and frankly just got annoyed with it all in the bar scene there, attitudes have changed a lot since I first arrived here. I recently took a trip to Udon Thani for a change (you can fly direct for small money) and was actually pleasantly surprised. Udon seems to have "grown up" since I was last here. It actually reminded me of what the bar scene used to be like in Phuket years ago. It could be worth a trip for a change.......

I would have thought Udon Thani just a little far from the beach for the OP. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...