Constitutional Court decides to proceed with case against PM Yingluck: Thawil's transfer

webfact

Wouldn't it be easier if the parliament building could be located next to the court buildings that way all the participants would not have so far to walk all they would have to do is pop next door. Is there anyone that isn't facing some charge or other?

It does appear than if and when parliament reconvenes most of the key players will be spending more time in court than in parliament.

But seriously....... Thais WALKING? cheesy.gif

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL they are throwing everything brown against the wall hoping it will stick what a tangled web...

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/charter-court-rejects-call-end-ms-yinglucks-premiership/

But hey when ya can't win an election according to the laws and the constitution it is incumbent to try any means possible...right? The old shotgun theory ...

I sincerely hope for all Thais they know what the alternative is... ...

There's more to "democracy" than just elections, and right now (if you open your blinkered little eyes just a little) you'll see the PT Party, PM and MP's all being indicted for not following or upholding those principles of "democracy".

Do you consider all these impeachments and corruption cases as being "illegal" by the way? I keep hearing "judicial coup" all the time, but there would be no coup or anything else happening right now if your leaders just followed the law a little better and weren't quite so blatantly greedy.

• Like 2

The Administrative Court's decision affirmed that Tawil's transfer was unlawful. Therefore, the petition was subsequently filed to the Constitutional Court. The fact that the petition was accepted unanimously by the court for review is indicative of the persuasive nature of the case from a constitutional point of view. Keep in mind that Tawil was transferred in 2011, shortly after Yingluck assumed office, because Thaksin wanted his friend Paradorn instead. By so doing, it breached constitutional protocol. It has taken two and a half years through the justice system to get to this stage, so it is certainly not recent. And because Tawil's case was affirmed to be an unlawful transfer, that is why this has come to this stage.

I think the main motivation for the move was to get Thaksin's brother in law as police chief.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

LOL they are throwing everything brown against the wall hoping it will stick what a tangled web...

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/charter-court-rejects-call-end-ms-yinglucks-premiership/

But hey when ya can't win an election according to the laws and the constitution it is incumbent to try any means possible...right? The old shotgun theory ...

Where in the laws of the constitution does it state that the following are legal and constitutional electoral practices?

A convicted fraudster is allowed to put a party forward into an election to run Thailand.

Vote buying is acceptable.

Intimidation from a party's militia is allowed.

Paying off village heads to force villagers to vote for a certain party.

Using huge amounts of tax payer's money to throw at a specific voter base is allowed.

Please show us where in the constitution it allows all this to go on.... If you can show me where, then I will accept your statement.

Good luck with that one.,

Pathetic and clueless!!!!!

Edited by WoopyDoo

Where in the laws of the constitution does it state that the following are legal and constitutional practices?

A convicted fraudster is allowed to put a party forward into an election to run Thailand.

Using huge amounts of tax payer's monry to throw at a specific voter base is allowed.

Please show us where in the constitution it allows all this to go on.... If you can show me where, then I will accept your statement.

Pointless to have a discussion with cement...

Edited by DirtFarmer

"The court demanded that Yingluck defend herself within 15 days."

Far too busy, can you make it 15 years???

attachicon.gifthCrying.png

A judicial coup in the making. This is going to get very messy.

Any decision made by the CC will have to be ratified by the Senate. If they don't support the CC, then YL remains innocent and is free, once again, to be PM.

This was the importance of Sunday's senate election that so few Thai's understood.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Where in the laws of the constitution does it state that the following are legal and constitutional practices?

Using huge amounts of tax payer's monry to throw at a specific voter base is allowed.

Indeed you are...

Just answer the question..... just answer the question.

Come on and support your post, I am challenging you right here and now in front of all the members of this forum.

SUBSTANTIATE YOUR POST.

• Like 2

Any decision made by the CC will have to be ratified by the Senate. If they don't support the CC, then YL remains innocent and is free, once again, to be PM.

This was the importance of Sunday's senate election that so few Thai's understood.

WRONG!!!!!

The CC does not need to call the senate for these breeches of the constitution.

They are the final word and impeachment is at the hand of the 9 judges.

Their word is FINAL!

Next week this bunch are history!!

• Like 1

Yes and it seems it will be down to 13 or so SEN Members according to preliminary numbers...and Pundit's guesses...so indeed a tight one!

EXPOSED....

type what you want to.... all the members know you are in the corner on this one.

Once again.

BUSTED!!

Thai PM faces new dismissal threat in court

BANGKOK, April 2, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand's Constitutional Court agreed Wednesday to consider a petition to remove Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra from office for transferring a top security official -- the latest in a volley of legal challenges by her opponents.

The case was filed by a group of senators who argued that the replacement of then-national security chief Thawil Pliensri after Yingluck was elected in 2011 was for the benefit of her party.

Under the constitution -- drawn up in the wake of a 2006 coup that ousted Yingluck's brother Thaksin Shinawatra as premier -- such an offence could lead to her sacking.

Yingluck must present her defence within 15 days of receiving a copy of the petition, according to the ruling.

The Supreme Administrative Court last month ordered Yingluck to reinstate Thawil, saying his transfer was unlawful.

Five months of political street protests have failed to achieve their goal of forcing Yingluck to resign to make way for an unelected interim leader to oversee reforms.

With attendance at the rallies dwindling, Yingluck's opponents have stepped up their legal moves, accusing her family of abusing their political dominance for personal gain.

Yingluck has been charged by the National Anti-Corruption Commission with neglect of duty in connection with a flagship rice subsidy scheme that critics say fostered rampant corruption.

If indicted on those charges, Yingluck would be suspended from office and face an impeachment vote in the upper house of parliament that could lead to a five-year ban from politics.

Her opponents applaud the moves against what they see as a corrupt government that uses taxpayers' money to buy the loyalty of rural northern voters through populist policies like the rice initiative.

But Yingluck's "Red Shirt" supporters see the legal threats as part of an attempted power grab through Thailand's courts, which have a history of removing elected governments.

The Red Shirts plan a major rally in Bangkok this weekend to show their support for the government.

The coup that toppled Thaksin ushered in years of political turmoil and bloody street protests by opponents and supporters of the billionaire tycoon-turned-politician, who lives in Dubai to avoid jail for a corruption conviction.

Grenade attacks and shootings linked to the unrest have left 24 people dead and hundreds wounded in recent months, including many demonstrators.

The Constitutional Court last month nullified a February general election disrupted by protesters, leaving the kingdom in legislative limbo with only a caretaker government.

Thaksin-allied parties won every previous election for more than a decade, helped by strong support in the northern half of the kingdom. No date has been set for new polls.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-04-02

Yes and it seems it will be down to 13 or so SEN Members according to preliminary numbers...and Pundit's guesses...so indeed a tight one!

You are getting it all wrong today pal.

No senate vote required for this.

Total cabinet and YL removal with just one word from the CC.

IMPEACHED!

Edited by WoopyDoo
  • Like 1

EXPOSED....

type what you want to.... all the members know you are in the corner on this one.

Once again.

BUSTED!!

DirtFarmer, on 02 Apr 2014 - 14:26, said:snapback.png

http://englishnews.t...ks-premiership/

I sincerely hope for all Thais they know what the alternative is.

There is my original post you replied to... The OP states they will proceed with a case... I linked one they threw out my comment was they are using a shotgun effect...throwing it all at the wall...no where in the wide world of sports did you ineffectual pea brain take you...you introduced all kinds of garbage that wasn't even in my post...so you Dear Nemises /Whoopersdo...are indeed cement LMAO!

And It is true that they can't win an election...or are they winning under the rock from out of which you clamored...?

Edited by DirtFarmer

What a very sorry state this countries judicial and political system is in.

Each of the main political parties are as bad as each other, corruption is endemic through all levels.

Democracy is teetering on the edge of a precipice and very few seem to care.

What a complete and total mess with very little light at the end of any tunnels.

The solution, no idea!

• Like 2

"Yingluck must present her defence within 15 days of receiving a copy of the petition, according to the ruling."

She's traveling a lot, even in wheelchair. The mail never really seems to catch up with her rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

you left out...when you can't run the country according to the laws and constitution....

Neither could Abhiset Leekpai Suthep or most of the others...so ... that is why you are here... to be sure we get it right...Thanks

Get it right? We? Are you her brother? She just lost - BIG STYLE. She's out... are you going with her? She took her bandages off, cos she is ready to run!

EXPOSED....

Once again.

BUSTED!!

And you type what you like... I don't care what you or all of the members think...that is their right... think what they will and you too... keep the blinders on and all will be well I am sure... and perhaps you will be saying I told you so and perhaps not...and it matters not as does anything we may say or do.. you or I ..What matters is the Thai people get what they want...and hopefully through cognitive thought.. reasoning minds and study of history will get it right in the next generation.....but I might suggest you broaden your horizons a bit and take a look at this history...and sources outside of Thai Media.. perhaps that will diffuse your angst.. give you a better perspective and lower your blood pressure.,.

you left out...when you can't run the country according to the laws and constitution....

Neither could Abhiset Leekpai Suthep or most of the others...so ... that is why you are here... to be sure we get it right...Thanks

Get it right? We? Are you her brother? She just lost - BIG STYLE. She's out... are you going with her? She took her bandages off, cos she is ready to run!

No the Thai people lost... their right to vote... their right to choose... I don't care about red yellow there are no good choices at this point in history..but the BiG losers here are The Thai people...and the abrogation by all political parties of the rule of law... the use and misuse of corrupt officials everywhere from the top down and from the bottom up... but focus on the narrow and you miss the big picture and it is a lot bigger then Suthep vs Shin... a lot bigger

What a very sorry state this countries judicial and political system is in.

Each of the main political parties are as bad as each other, corruption is endemic through all levels.

Democracy is teetering on the edge of a precipice and very few seem to care.

What a complete and total mess with very little light at the end of any tunnels.

The solution, no idea!

Reforms.

Refer to the PDRC movement for further information.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I actually feel quite sorry for her. She is not and never has claimed to be a politician .

This Lady has been "used" by BB to provide photogenic cover to the evil organisation which managed from the desert !

Doing the dirty deeds of the brother , blood is thicker than water so they say.

WRONG!!!!!

The CC does not need to call the senate for these breeches of the constitution.

They are the final word and impeachment is at the hand of the 9 judges.

Their word is FINAL!

Next week this bunch are history!!

How do you figure it's endex next week when she has 15 days in which to defend herself? last time I looked 15 days was the same as just over 2 weeks, getting a little ahead of yourself Pepper ??? ;)

Unless there's a senate decision to end her tenure, then just as she has been doing, she will ride this wave like all the others that have been against her..

Makes no odds to me, but I hope that everyone is ready for the fallout that will follow and have taken steps to keep away from any potential violence :(

• Like 1

No the Thai people lost... their right to vote... their right to choose... I don't care about red yellow there are no good choices at this point in history..but the BiG losers here are The Thai people...and the abrogation by all political parties of the rule of law... the use and misuse of corrupt officials everywhere from the top down and from the bottom up... but focus on the narrow and you miss the big picture and it is a lot bigger then Suthep vs Shin... a lot bigger

The Thai people lost in 2011 when a proud Pheu Thai said "we won, we have a mandate" and really got started. Thaksin a new passport, issued from floodwater surrounded offices while a larger part of the population was wading through water. 700++ billion 'lost' on rice scheme. 300 Baht / day minimum, but with price pushes worth even less than 200 Baht before. No money for school uniforms or books and no tabletPC either. And of course the blanket amnesty bill push, the ignoring and even illegally blocking the opposition from functioning in parliament.

Reforms before a new election and binding on ALL

and I wish that stating that about reforms was possible but the reforms proposed from all sides including Sutheps ridiculous Seminars would take ages...How can you not see that...? corruption is woven into the fabric of Thainess..the elections would be postponed forever if that was the mandate reform before elections is a catch phrase... nothing more a veil for a power grab in order for the next gang to get their goodies... so if indeed that is what the Thai people want... not Democracy but some other form of governance...why not put it to a vote...or referendum ...?the good old boys don't want reform...they want their status quo...seriously ... they don't want change that will affect their MO...