Private Thai teacher in Bangkok - recommendation?

reinsge

Hello,

I am looking for a private Thai teacher in Bangkok who does lessons at my condo or at a quiet public place.

I can read and write and talk about basic topics like food, family, age, weather etc. however I want to improve. Furthermore my girlfriend, who is an absolute newbie, wants to take lessons too, so if you are a private Thai teacher you can "sell" 2 lessons to us at the same location.

Feel free to contact me per PM and I welcome any recommendations!

• Like 1

I'm considering the same, because my Thai is lousy.

However, I'd be interested in finding out what type of training or background teachers of Thai have. I have been "involved" with education for 18 years and then some.

Do Thais who say that they are teachers need some kind of certification? A Thai TEFL-type course? When I learnt Spanish in Spain, the teacher had formal qualifications enabling her to teach foreigners. A good teacher is "natural" and does not need to be a university professor.

This is not a troll post. I am genuinely interested in finding out.

Eddy

• Like 1

Hi there! I've been teaching Thai to foreign executives, managers, journalists, diplomats, UN personnel & expat teachers for a couple of decades. I also teach English to Thai partners of same!

I provide my own teaching manuals and CDs. I find two hour classes work best for rapid progress but, as they say, up to you!

Drop me an email or give me a ring: magicthai AT gmail DOT com 087 DASH 810 DASH 1880.