Moved into new condo and already regretting it - any way to get my deposit back?

Several years ago we had one of those birds outside our bedroom window, "coo coo coo coo" getting louder and more excited with each "coo" - at 0530 in the morning. I leant out of the window and shouted at the bird. "Hey, it's five thirty in the morning, and I am trying to sleep!" Silence. Then a few seconds after, a gentle little "coo coo coo!" And it went away. It's back again now, with a vengeance, but it's mid-afternoon!! Or else it's his off-spring, trying to impress!

You were lucky, we have some twonk on a microphone playing crap music before he talks crap at that time............sad.png

The tosser is about a KM away, he might be on a local hit list I think.............bah.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been lied to by the salesstaff...

Being lied to by the sales staff...is so routine...personally...because of the amount of money involved...I would consult with an attorney...that is a fair amount of baht to walk away from...good luck in finding a trustworthy attorney...this is Thailand...

The joys of buying Thai real estate. Sorry to hear your case what a <deleted>***** nightmare hope you can get out of it and bloody learn your lesson just RENT over there its so much more pleasurable because if there are any problems you can just "Flee the scene" and hopefully find something better. When I stayed in Lardproa one of the house owners had these bloody dogs that wouldn't shut up so I threw some ice down on them and the owner got pissed what does he expect?

I really like to ask two things:

Is it fair to assume that living at the center with all that noise and atmospheric pollution, the presence of birds would less?

And, from your experience, do landlords pay back the deposit upon completion of the lease? This is the issue, I think.

Clearly our friend will not receive his deposit because the sounds of nature cannot be regarded as noise. People understand

noise the one emanating from human activity. he can kiss goodbye his 90k and check for the really quiet place up on to the 25th floor.

By Thai standards, that's pretty quiet. Even if you successfully complete your term, in most cases, Farang don't get their money back.

As for contract law? Whatever's written. I don't think you have a leg to stand on. Try 30฿ ear plugs.

Yet more BS. I'm a farang and have always had my full deposit back from Thai landlords. There was a survey on this forum a wile back and over 95% got deposits back in full, with a couple having some very minor deductions. Every farang I know that has rented in Thailand has always had their deposit back.

• Like 1

I never buy off-plan or in advance of construction. I want to see the completed item. I want to watch the direction of the sun coming up and setting, experience the traffic round and about the development, study the other occupants as far as possible particularly those who have purchased above and adjacent to me (in regard to Condo purchase). It worked well for me on my last purchase especially in regard to the noise and the sun. One thing didn't : many owners rent off their condo's to visitors for short-term lets. I hadn't factored that in my research.

You've probably bought poor quality and in this life you only get what you pay for. I may, of course, be wrong.

He didn't buy anything - he's renting.

The joys of buying Thai real estate. Sorry to hear your case what a <deleted>***** nightmare hope you can get out of it and bloody learn your lesson just RENT over there its so much more pleasurable because if there are any problems you can just "Flee the scene" and hopefully find something better. When I stayed in Lardproa one of the house owners had these bloody dogs that wouldn't shut up so I threw some ice down on them and the owner got pissed what does he expect?

He's renting a condo and your advice is to rent not buy. Did you bother reading what he wrote?

In any case, he saw the condo before handing over the money, and even though he thinks he has a medical problem that requires complete silence, he didn't bother checking basic things like whether the aircon was noisy. There's not much you can do to help people like that. Then he complains about the windows, but he must have seen them before deciding to rent. I'm beginning to think this is a troll post. But I don't mind because it's very entertaining.

this morning i got woken up around 5am by an army of birds of all kinds, from little chirpers to pigeons and that extremely annoying asian Koel

What better way to wake up than the sounds of nature?

Consider yourself lucky.

Do you count cats fighting on your roof, which then sets the dog patrol off?

And that is why I am on TV at 4.30 am!

how can be a nature sound sodisturbing, what kind of birds are these that make such a awful noise, for me birds make me sleep, I wish there would be more around my house

maybe create so watrfall sound like opening the faucet

Or train a cat to sweep the whole condo and kill all the birds

• Like 1

Sorry about that.

Unfortunately noise is highly subjective, and birds would come way down the list of annoyances......some people would like them.

Did you expect the sales staff to go and sleep there to check?

Wouldn't that be your job?

I'd say if the sales staff truthfully thougt there were no discos and no night traffic they were perfectly reasonable to inform you of their opinion......you did after all ask.

If the windows are not correct ask them to fix, but it's unreasonable to ask for DG, though some landlords might think it is in their long term interest to add it....perhaps a simple extra slider in the bedroom.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by cheeryble

By Thai standards, that's pretty quiet. Even if you successfully complete your term, in most cases, Farang don't get their money back.

As for contract law? Whatever's written. I don't think you have a leg to stand on. Try 30฿ ear plugs.

Not true. People that have no balls, regardless of their race, don't get their money back.

He's renting a condo and your advice is to rent not buy. Did you bother reading what he wrote?

In any case, he saw the condo before handing over the money, and even though he thinks he has a medical problem that requires complete silence, he didn't bother checking basic things like whether the aircon was noisy. There's not much you can do to help people like that. Then he complains about the windows, but he must have seen them before deciding to rent. I'm beginning to think this is a troll post. But I don't mind because it's very entertaining.

In defence of the OP:

He mentioned that his medical condition leaves him very weak and unable to have the energy to do all those things.

My previous post was my true story.

If the OP exercises mind control I'm sure he will overcome what at first seem to be huge problems.

Another poster recommended meditation and I agree that is a very good idea.

I mentioned thinking about the beach, well change that to any other happy scenario, by the time you have deeply concentrated on the story, the power of the external noise will be gone and you will quietly slip into sleep. This can also be called meditation.

Just make it so (The Capt in Star Trek!).

Should you have your sleep disturbed, simply acknowledge that you are alive and do another grateful meditation.

As a recent poster mentioned, the unusual sounds will become usual and no longer a source of disturbance.

Remember OP, you are always right.

Say you will be disturbed and you will be.

Say you will overcome the disturbance and you will.

Tiz all in the mind.

Give the OP a break, if a person is unwell, even simple stuff can seem impassable.

I have faith in you OP - you Can Do It!

All the best.

noise sensitivity is not easy to change, almost impossible, almost every person is sensitive to the people walking loud on the floor a floor above, or having loud tv in the room next door

You cant just get used to it, it is stressful

As I said:-

Remember OP, you are always right.

Say you will be disturbed and you will be.

Say you will overcome the disturbance and you will.

Tiz all in the mind.

Silence is a tough thing to find in any country, least of all Thailand...maybe somewhere in the depths of Montana. Thailand is in general a noisy country, from the various loudspeakers of people trying to sell something, to the various ear drum busting blood curdling music. Nature starts early everywhere, I got a tokay which drove me crazy outside my bedroom for ages, now I don't even notice it