Chalerm's petition against PDRC rejected

webfact

CHARTER COURT
Chalerm's petition against PDRC rejected

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Constitutional Court yesterday rejected a petition submitted by caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yoombamrung against the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

Chalerm, as chief of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order, had asked the court to order the PDRC to halt its rally on grounds that the demonstration was unconstitutional, but the court rejected the petition.

Chalerm alleged the rally violated the criminal law and Article 68 of the Constitution. However, the court ruled that there were no conditions under which the case could be considered to contain violations of the Article. It also said the PDRC's protest leaders are already facing criminal legal action.

In the petition, Chalerm alleged the protest was not peaceful, and could be an attempt to take administrative power in an unconstitutional way.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-02

Chalerm had lost his point - long, long ago. What he ought to be concerned with is how the UDD will behave on Saturday, and it will be fascinating to see how he reacts to them, and subsequently whether his argument against the PDRC will crumble by comparison.

• Like 2

Protestors are getting shot at and grenades thrown at them on a daily basis. So I guess that's considered 'not peaceful'.

When this fool kicks the bucket it will be a lot more peaceful. 'Did you know who my dad...was?'

Protestors are getting shot at and grenades thrown at them on a daily basis. So I guess that's considered 'not peaceful'.

And of course let's not seek a court order against the armed groups doing the shooting and killing 'cause they just so happen to be on the government side.

Interesting that even a caretaker Minister of Labour can petition the Constitutional Court. Sure sign that the CC needs to be protected by a 'screening agency' rolleyes.gif

This case was a non-starter after the SOE was lifted. It was filed in behalf of CMPO which no longer exists.

Any case under Article 68 is a long shot and the court pointed out that the criminal courts were more appropriate for these cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Another failed attempt by Chaleum at interperting the written laws of the country where he received his law degree and serves as a role model in government. Some might say this points out the gross failure of 3 entities, the individual, the university, and finally the political system, but failure of this individual has always appeared to be self inflicted as others have been subjected to the same institutions without sinking to his level.

The government doesn't have a chance, the courts are against them, the police are against them. the Military are against them, all they have is the vote of the people. But unfortunately under the Suthep regime that is not allowed. People are not allowed to vote as voting is undemocratic.

Edited by chooka

The Drunken One must be getting a bit upset that his threats aren't working. Let's see if he petitions the court next week once Jatta The Hut and his Merry Band of Thugs start acting up at their demo. The Count of Montenegro won't be Happy tonight.

• Like 1

The government doesn't have a chance, the courts are against them, the police are against them. the Military are against them, all they have is the vote of the people. But unfortunately under the Suthep regime that is not allowed. People are not allowed to vote as voting is undemocratic.

just wonderful. And as next great mysterious reforms made by the very old guard.

Edited by Mentors

The protesters are peaceful silly

The law can not make a legal decision when the red shirts are not peaceful

what you need to see here is the protestors have come to an end of their legal rights to protest, and it should be all over

But the red shirts and PTP are handing them a win on a silver platter

If they had sat back and done nothing Suthep would be all over by now

but the red shirts have made the protestors the underdog in this matter

and people always take the side of the underdog

The point you need to understand is

The protestors did not win

The red shirts handed the win to them

Not a surprise, the Const. Court is Yellow since many years.

291 posts and your still living in 2010

Wake up my friend the Yellow shirts have gone with history

This is a protest of the Thai people

even if not the majority of heads counted in Thailand

they are a majority of people who think what is best for thailand not for them selves

next time look at the flag they are waving

• Like 1

they are a majority of people who think what is best for thailand not for them selves

Just not wearing Yellow anymore changes nothing. They are the same people.

I know some of them, and believe it or not, they are friends of mine.

Edited by Mentors

My prays for you just do not seem to be working

Maybe I need make more merit

hope one day the hysteria in your mind will clear

and here there are a few members who will be happy to buy you a beer when your better

Just because they don't wear

Yellow anymore doesn't mean that they are the same Yellow people.

I know some of them, and believe it or not, they are friends of mine.

Okay I agree you must be in good company as they are friends

But just to blow your theory away

my Thai wife and 24 friends for our village are now in Bkk protesting against this Government

The village is in Kalasin 2 hrs for Udon, that makes the i Red territory

They hate the yellow shirts, but hate Thaskin and his puppet government more

I am sure there are many people protesting that love loud heavy metal music

But that is there choice, it does not mean all the protesters do

My friend it takes many different voices to make a choir

but in life you can not judge a group by a minority of member who are part of it

To balance that I am sure there must be members of the present government who love Thailand and want to see it get better, what may come as a surprise to you, we only want to get rid of the rotten apples in the barrel

A good Government needs a good opposition if the country is to go forward

So please do not judge people by your opinion, try and get behind a government that will be better for Thaland

and I do not include Suthep in that government

• Like 1