is the missing plane thing affecting tourism?

OnMyWay2

I know it's kind of affecting my desire to want to take that long plane trip again, and I'm onmyway2 I

can only imagine average folks are having some second thoughts.

you guys notice any difference or is it business as usual?

Edited by OnMyWay2

Prices on Malaysian Airlines are a bit cheaper now and next time I travel to SE Asia, I'll be looking to book Malaysian Airlines.

Yes, NOW is a good time to get a bargain package deal on Malaysia. Thinking seriously about doing it myself.

I've flown with MH many times, it is an excellent airline.

• Like 1

Flew them twice last week, no complaints... Price about $600 cheaper (BKK-KUL-ADL) than other full service carriers on the route (Bangkok to Adelaide) and cheaper than Air Asia by about $100...

No hesitation in flying them then or in the future (next trip with them in May)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

you Pattaya guys are a little bit kamikaze anyway so no big surprise

Nothing Kamikaze about it. Most airlines have lost a plane at one time or another, including British Airways, Singapore Airlines, Air France,Lufthansa.

They are still considered safe airlines.

• Like 1

Nothing Kamikaze about it. Most airlines have lost a plane at one time or another, including British Airways, Singapore Airlines, Air France,Lufthansa.

so planes going missing is pretty normal. I feel much better now!

Yep, I flew across the Atlantic 4 times to South America with Air France after their mishap, would be very surprised if their crew made the same mistake again now they know what happened. Did about 12 flights last year with MLA, very nice.

Malaysia Airlines is still considered as one of the best airlines here in Asia Pacific. Their alliance with all the Oneworld carrier really make a lot a difference in terms of my travel choices. I flew with them many times now to North and South America via London and connect with British Airways or TAM for onwards to either states or latin. They have a really good price now (this week) to Australia and places like Darwin or Ayers Rock. I was also told today that they have a really good prices to Europe from tomorrow onwards. Their prices has become really competitive for the last few months. At least this year i've booked 4 flights out of BKK with only Malaysia Airlines. Also if you check carefully from their internet and if you are planning for a short excursion to Kuala Lumpur, their price on the last daily flight (MH779) out of Bangkok is really damn cheap. I have no hesitation flying with Malaysia Airlines... They have one of the best gorgeous cabin crew.

British Airways had to withdraw an ad that urged people to "Discover the Indian Ocean".

I remember seeing your sandwich quote in a bar one time in Bkk posted on the wall.thumbsup.gif

Malaysia Airlines is still considered as one of the best airlines here in Asia Pacific. Their alliance with all the Oneworld carrier really make a lot a difference in terms of my travel choices. I flew with them many times now to North and South America via London and connect with British Airways or TAM for onwards to either states or latin. They have a really good price now (this week) to Australia and places like Darwin or Ayers Rock. I was also told today that they have a really good prices to Europe from tomorrow onwards. Their prices has become really competitive for the last few months. At least this year i've booked 4 flights out of BKK with only Malaysia Airlines. Also if you check carefully from their internet and if you are planning for a short excursion to Kuala Lumpur, their price on the last daily flight (MH779) out of Bangkok is really <deleted> cheap. I have no hesitation flying with Malaysia Airlines... They have one of the best gorgeous cabin crew.

Nice cabin staff I agree, good hospitality service BUT my experience, a lesser regard for the usual safety measures like emergency exits being clear of luggage on take off and landing.

Having said that, I imagine this tragedy was rather more than my concern over such things as blocked exits.

Sure it is. Anytime there are unexplained catastrophes such as this, people think twice. I actually cancelled a trip to Kuala Lumpur and went to the Philippines instead. I just wasn't quite comfortable with the way Malaysia handled the situation....so I went around it.....as I am sure many will. Perhaps they should. It is more of a protest, on my part, that I avoid that location. They need to check passports at the minimum. This is going to be an issue for a while. For all I know, the pilot may have been working alone, been hijacked, or perhaps belongs to a network that wants to inflict casualties......

I am out of there....until the full story comes out.

Prices on Malaysian Airlines are a bit cheaper now and next time I travel to SE Asia, I'll be looking to book Malaysian Airlines.

I've always found Malaysian Airline tickets overpriced... therefore never booked with them.

I don't feel there's any more or less risk with them than any other airline. Sooner of later a plane is going down. We just have to hope we're not on-board at the time.

I feel the same whenever I go out on my motorcycle.

Edited by tropo

you're living in denial if you think there's no impact I'm just wondering how noticeable it's been. Like are the Russians and Chinese still coming?

I'll say one thing, I've been here for over 8 years and this is the quietest I've seen the main tourist area in that time.

if you use a reputable taxi rather than buses etc and leave plenty time for check in, shouldnt ever be a reason for missing a plane.

facepalm.gif Aww. Be nice now...

Missing a plane is not always a bad thing. I wonder if anyone missed 370.

Certainly there would be quite a number of individuals throughout aviation history who missed flights which crashed. How would you feel?