The hypocritical criticisms of Thailand...

Nautilus05

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I was from the smoggy valley. Redondo was name dropping. ?《charthouse》.subtle hint for those who know..mwny years ago..

Red clay dust mixes in the air? 《Bangkok》warning about use of spraying..grow ur own if possible! Aloha..I'll be back..Thanks..

Comparisons in order to disquise the real problem,does nothing to address the underlying problem! neither does hypocracy!

I think you are saying don't go off topic. Just trying to get it into ThaiVisa speak.

I'm seven time zones ahead of you..east..so when I'm sitting in my cloud forest.. at end of day..and was messing off..You are waking up to my 'musings', sorry guys, someone was bound to pound me..lucky just two of ya's..I do have a giant Music and Film Network..so get in touch if trying to waste some time..I do appreciate You Guys..alohz

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am Thai. I have been following this forum for a while. All the negative thoughts against our country and our people especially Thai women, are the reflections of your own perceptions and personality. We actually do not need such negative people like you to pollute our air , our Buddhist Land ! Please leave Thai for good. The polluted air is gonna get better without all negative breathe.

Remember, where ever you go , you will never feel happy as you are not happy with yourself !,,,

No way this poster is Thai.

Another elderly western male troll.

I am Thai. I have been following this forum for a while. All the negative thoughts against our country and our people especially Thai women, are the reflections of your own perceptions and personality. We actually do not need such negative people like you to pollute our air , our Buddhist Land ! Please leave Thai for good. The polluted air is gonna get better without all negative breathe.

Remember, where ever you go , you will never feel happy as you are not happy with yourself !,,,

No way this poster is Thai.

Another elderly western male troll.

Buddha would not want the land.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll agree with you on that YYY, Thailand is the chauvinist's last refuge in the world ( Aside from Saudi Arabia, but no beer swilling, whor -ing allowed there..eh?) . Perhaps that is why this failed state is defended so vigorously against criticisms regarding men who flock here to exploit women..

um I mean " girls"

Where else will all the crusty ol farts go to get laid by nubile young lasses for what, 20 bucks? What's that- you're married? Sorry, IMO systemic prostitution is no different- wellmaybe its worse because it involves a level of basic dishonesty wheras the bar-girl is selling a service in an honest manner.

Whatever -when you think with your gonads, you'd better defend it.

Speaking of which, I love Lara C's avatar, the frog eyed one was a bit controversial, though. But no dif than perked nips.

This forum needs more sexier male avs. Mine got axed, but Iguess it was a copy right infringment.

BTW ; I like it on top, ( posting that is.) Perhaps one can scroll past my entries if it is annoying. Easy- when you see the flaming green horse, just click down past it. Or the ignore function is also a choice.

A lot of your examples are very weak. Pollution, corruption, service,... Well hell yeah, they ARE worse here than in the West. A problem I see here more often is Thai apologists /reflexive West-bashing who have have no sense of magnitude. Just because there is pollution in the US and Europe doesn't mean it's as bad as in Thailand. It's not a binary thing, either on or off.

Easy, cheap sex with much, much younger women and men makes up for a lot of obvious flaws, but requires vigorous obfuscating defense.

Funny that, because that to me is the flaw.
Too many crusty creepy dudes here for the cheap sex = flaw to me.
But THailand makes up in other ways, so i mentally erase the creepy element.

I find your posts creepy tbh ...youre like some american feminist with a grudge against the world

Why would you even come on a predominately male expat forum with an almost naked man in your avatar

and complain about foreign men with younger thai women in nearly every post you make ?

Thailand is what it is ..............and about as far away from a pc feminist paradise as you could get .....excluding a few arab or maybe

muslim countries where feminist beliefs are kept in check by male and religious leaders .......

• Like 1

A lot of your examples are very weak. Pollution, corruption, service,... Well hell yeah, they ARE worse here than in the West. A problem I see here more often is Thai apologists /reflexive West-bashing who have have no sense of magnitude. Just because there is pollution in the US and Europe doesn't mean it's as bad as in Thailand. It's not a binary thing, either on or off.

Easy, cheap sex with much, much younger women and men makes up for a lot of obvious flaws, but requires vigorous obfuscating defense.

But the bonus is, none of the crusty creepies are looking at you.

They have mentally erased you first.

Sadly not.

The problem is these guys with zero flare and drastically low on the look scales tend to start believing that they are suddenly the sex gods that the bar girls have led them to believe.

Then..those guys that have had their fill after a few years then been stung by the wrong women, start approaching me with sob stories about how the are no longer interested in thai women because blah blah blah.

When in fact its that age old adage of "whereever you go, there you are".

Honestly boys, if you didnt have skills to get a good lady at home please dont think you suddenly obtain them after being in thailand...

• Like 1

I find your posts creepy tbh ...youre like some american feminist with a grudge against the world

Why would you even come on a predominately male expat forum with an almost naked man in your avatar

and complain about foreign men with younger thai women in nearly every post you make ?

Thailand is what it is ..............and about as far away from a pc feminist paradise as you could get .....excluding a few arab or maybe

muslim countries where feminist beliefs are kept in check by male and religious leaders .......

..can you make me a sandwich first please, then ill get to reading it.

Thanks.

Another hypocrisy not mentioned on the thread yet is the people who moan about corruption, and then go to a bar ( Open past 2 am ? Probably.) and pay a pimp to take a young woman .. whoops, I mean " girl" to their home. I suppose young men are involved, too. Should I call them "boys"? I guess boys does means children...( the Thai sexpat's vernacular is also hypocritical ...)

I'll say I think prostitution should be legal, and it actually is in Thailand, it's the third party profiting that is illegal- the pimping, the men who sell young women fom their bars to make a living- yet I'm betting just about every male person reading this has participated in breaking that particular law.

• Like 1

Customer service is horrible yes it is ....

The other points OK.

I had the exact oppostie experience,

I saw great customer service, at every level, whether it was restaruants, shops of any kind, home delivery from Home Pro, or any large store with a call center, fast replacement and repairs of goods,

If you want good customer service, have a thai female make the phone call

I thought it was remarkable,

and as to the smog of LA<

it is mostly water vapor from the Pacific ocean, the rolls in overnight, and burns off by noon,

big difference from Bankok where there are particulates in the air, day and night

Edited by Scarpolo

the air in Thailand will never be better,

never means never

Another hypocrisy not mentioned on the thread yet is the people who moan about corruption, and then go to a bar ( Open past 2 am ? Probably.) and pay a pimp to take a young woman .. whoops, I mean " girl" to their home. I suppose young men are involved, too. Should I call them "boys"? I guess boys does means children...( the Thai sexpat's vernacular is also hypocritical ...)

I'll say I think prostitution should be legal, and it actually is in Thailand, it's the third party profiting that is illegal- the pimping, the men who sell young women fom their bars to make a living- yet I'm betting just about every male person reading this has participated in breaking that particular law.

Is it just illegal for men? You wrote, " the men who sell young women fom their bars to make a living."

Would it still be illegal if women did the selling? You sound like an expert and that's why I ask.

customer service as far as I experienced it is SU-PERB !!! i mean this.

You like being followed around in Boots by young ladies when selecting condoms? coffee1.gif

Also how about the thing in restaurants of being expected to order instantly when presented a 100 page menu and if you don't, when you decide, nobody is interested anymore?

1. i don't buy/use condoms. b@reback only.

2. when i go to a restaurant i know what i want and don't even look at the menu.

Is it just illegal for men? You wrote, " the men who sell young women fom their bars to make a living."

Would it still be illegal if women did the selling? You sound like an expert and that's why I ask.

Yes, pimping is illegal , no matter the sex of the pimp. There are few laws gender based, wearing clothing on the torso is one I suppose, but I can't think of any others.

No, I'm not an expert at paying for prostitutes. However from this forum and others, it's easy to read how it is done. Am I wrong?

Please correct it if my understanding of the "bar fine" method of procurement is incorrect.

Edited by EBlair48

Yes, pimping is illegal , no matter the sex of the pimp. There are few laws gender based, wearing clothing on the torso is one I suppose, but I can't think of any others.

No, I'm not an expert at paying for prostitutes. However from this forum and others, it's easy to read how it is done. Am I wrong?

Please correct it if my understanding of the "bar fine" method of procurement is incorrect.

A lady works at a bar. She wants a day off to visit her sick mother. She pays the bar to employ another person to take her place so she can visit her mother. That is a bar fine.

^ Well you are obviously no expert, either!!

A man is horny , he visits the pub in the lobby of his hotel. He pays the proprietor a fee to take a young woman back up to his room for the night.

That is a barfine.

A man is horny , he visits the pub in the lobby of his hotel. He pays the proprietor a fee to take a young woman back up to his room for the night.

That is a barfine.

Afraid to quote me eh? Well I wrote, "A lady works at a bar. She wants a day off to visit her sick mother. She pays the bar to employ another person to take her place so she can visit her mother. That is a bar fine." And you wrote another way a bar fine is paid. Both happen. In both instances money is paid to the bar for an employees time off. Who is to say which is right? You? Who is to say which is happening? You? A bar fine is paid to get the lady off of work. What she does is up to her. Not you. Unless you got a big promotion.

I'll have to agree, service is really poor. Just because they are there, doesn't mean they are helping. In fact, I hate being followed around, do they think I'm shoplifitng? That's how it feels. If I want to know something. I'll call out.

To expand on the restaurant example; they never come back to ask you if you need anything, or if the meal is OK. You'll have to get up , or call out and wave them over to get a drink refill and always have to ask for the check.

Just void of any, well... common sense. And it costs them.

I also notice the more employees, the worse the service.

I was in a new foreigner- oriented grocery last week and noticed the product name was different from the label on the shelf. It also seemed suspiciously cheap. (This place is outrageous in most of its pricing, as to be expected when you have dozens of employees doing absolutely nothing.)

I counted 15 workers alone in that aisle and around the fish and meat counter, yet not one was capable of finding out if the price on the shelf label was accurate.

Just a lot of that highly annoying sniggling they do. A nation of third graders. sniggle.

I put the product back, purchased only the milk I was in there for, and vowed to not return to that store unless I really, really have to have strawberry sherbet or a Swanson's Hungry Man TV dinner. [facetious smiley]

customer service as far as I experienced it is SU-PERB !!! i mean this.

You like being followed around in Boots by young ladies when selecting condoms? coffee1.gif

Also how about the thing in restaurants of being expected to order instantly when presented a 100 page menu and if you don't, when you decide, nobody is interested anymore?

I

That is a barfine.

Afraid to quote me eh? Well I wrote, "A lady works at a bar. She wants a day off to visit her sick mother. She pays the bar to employ another person to take her place so she can visit her mother. That is a bar fine." And you wrote another way a bar fine is paid. Both happen. In both instances money is paid to the bar for an employees time off. Who is to say which is right? You? Who is to say which is happening? You? A bar fine is paid to get the lady off of work. What she does is up to her. Not you. Unless you got a big promotion.

" Afraid to quote" you? Hardly, As your post was just above mine I think the ^ suffices however I'll make sure to include your full quotes in future discourse.

As we are speaking of hypocrisy on criticisms, and my post regarding bar fines and prostitution, re the bar fines being paid to third parties to take prostitutes out of the bar, which is illegal and a form of corruption, I maintain it is hypocritical for menbers to complain of corruption when most of the have participated on this level.

If you wish to continue to make rather absurd, pendantic claims for the definition of a bar fine, please continue, but it appears rather a foolish line of argument and frankly, quite obviously deliberate trolling which most members find is a usually ineffectual line of reasoning.

Do you have an argument? Is it possible to make clear what it is you are disagreeing with? Do you think men, (or people as you wish,) who procure prostitutes through pimps, male or female are not contributing to corruption ?

Perhaps you feel as if this corruption is OK, whereas other forms are not. Does that make you a hypocrite? Or just typical?

Perhaps you would allow us to view your opinion on the matter- if you really have one.

That is a barfine.

" Afraid to quote" you? Hardly, As your post was just above mine I think the ^ suffices however I'll make sure to include your full quotes in future discourse.

As we are speaking of hypocrisy on criticisms, and my post regarding bar fines and prostitution, re the bar fines being paid to third parties to take prostitutes out of the bar, which is illegal and a form of corruption, I maintain it is hypocritical for menbers to complain of corruption when most of the have participated on this level.

If you wish to continue to make rather absurd, pendantic claims for the definition of a bar fine, please continue, but it appears rather a foolish line of argument and frankly, quite obviously deliberate trolling which most members find is a usually ineffectual line of reasoning.

Do you have an argument? Is it possible to make clear what it is you are disagreeing with? Do you think men, (or people as you wish,) who procure prostitutes through pimps, male or female are not contributing to corruption ?

Perhaps you feel as if this corruption is OK, whereas other forms are not. Does that make you a hypocrite? Or just typical?

Perhaps you would allow us to view your opinion on the matter- if you really have one.

I don't care about what you believe. I doubt you have ever been to Thailand. When a lady who works in a bar wants a day off beyond her alloted day (She may only get one day off per month) she pays a bar fine. That is reality and that is what I wrote. I'm not making any pedantic claims. A woman who works in a bar may pay the momma san for a day off. A boyfriend may pay the momma san for her day off. A stranger needing an interpreter or health care because he is handicapped may pay the momma san for her day off. What you think happens in bars in Thailand is hardly relevant because you have never been in a bar in Thailand.

they have to pay to take a day off?

thats slavery

Typically bar employees get between one and 4 days off per month. If they want an extra day they have to pay the bar fine, or not depending on the bar. Some pay for sick days with a doctors excuse some don't. Some give a monthly bonus for being on time and not taking any extra days off some don't.

they have to pay to take a day off?

thats slavery

Typically bar employees get between one and 4 days off per month. If they want an extra day they have to pay the bar fine, or not depending on the bar. Some pay for sick days with a doctors excuse some don't. Some give a monthly bonus for being on time and not taking any extra days off some don't.

that is one part of Thailand I avoided, after experiencing a milder version in Chaing Mai

Bangkok bat scene was too wild for me and full of drugs,

Thats why I went back for the other one

I had no time for the "normal" girl, and wouldnt want to play games with their heads anyway

Edited by Scarpolo

Im on the other side of the world, and I find this my favorite reading..go easy on each other tho...I have a couple of music industry networks, but we have to be nice to one another..pm me if You want to kill some time listening to music..

Can't we all just get along.? Alohz

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app