The hypocritical criticisms of Thailand...

Nautilus05

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely,

When I bitch about Thailand,

Nothing from your list is being raised.

And any criticism I make about Thailand is devoid of hypocrisy.

I am in Thailand because I prefer it to my own country.

There are many good aspects about living in Thailand, but also many bad ones... Still better than my own country...

(Edit typo)

Edited by Andre0720
  • Like 1

Would be interested to know what the OP considers (in his own words) to be "genuine gripes " ?

For example, if a Thai and farang end up in a car accident, there's a good chance the farang is going to end up paying, regardless of who's at fault. For another example, say someone steals your car, and the police are unwilling to assist because they know the mafia took it, and are going to be getting a cut of the action once it's sold.

Things that like that are legitimate gripes, because they shouldn't happen, plus they don't happen in our home countries. I just meant when people are being hypocritical -- when they complain about issues that are just as bad if not worse in their home country. When foreigners do that, they're also somewhat implying their home country handles that issue better, when many times it's just not true. All it does is make the foreigner look like a smug a*hole and hypocrite.

For example, you even have one guy in another thread here blaming Thailand for him getting fat.

Edited by Nautilus05
  • Like 1

Thai women are lieing gold diggers! -- Well, that's basically every woman out West as well. Sorry fellas, but woman in general would prefer to marry a successful lawyer, versus someone who lays around and drinks beer everyday.

No, basically every woman "out West" isnt a lieing gold digger, thanks.

(..and your comparison regarding successful lawyer -v- lazy beer drinker is just plain stupid)

Yeah, that struck me as a particularly dumb statement- about both Thai and Western woman. But I'm sympathetic because a lot of people have narrow experiences or have been unsuccessful socially with woman all their lives, so they seek excuses, people to shift the blame onto.

Yes thanks for the post, I couldn't agree more.

I have been married here for five years and couldn't be happier.

It seems to me that some posters should find somewhere more in tune with their own ways, it seems that most of the posts on TV are some form of complaint about every news item posted and often assuming non existent or non stated facts.

Thanks again for this, very refreshing.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thai women are lieing gold diggers! -- Well, that's basically every woman out West as well. Sorry fellas, but woman in general would prefer to marry a successful lawyer, versus someone who lays around and drinks beer everyday.

(..and your comparison regarding successful lawyer -v- lazy beer drinker is just plain stupid)

But there are certainly some Thai women, and some Western women, that "put out" for a guy with money or status.

It's just the demograph of TV members and their habits that result in a blip in perceptions.

And to be fair, I can't imagine a lawyer not being more popular over a beer-guzzler, even amongst the non-gold-diggers..

Yeah but there are FAR more who put out because they like you.

The guys who whinge about Thai women are just clueless with women that aren't hookers.

These are the men who will actually stand there staring DIRECTLY at a woman's cleavage and nether regions - NEVER her eyes - while holding a conversation with her and spend the entire conversation talking about themselves and their financial firepower. laugh.png

Then they have the cheek to bitch up Thai women who take the bait and go for the money.

I am Thai. I have been following this forum for a while. All the negative thoughts against our country and our people especially Thai women, are the reflections of your own perceptions and personality. We actually do not need such negative people like you to pollute our air , our Buddhist Land ! Please leave Thai for good. The polluted air is gonna get better without all negative breathe.

Remember, where ever you go , you will never feel happy as you are not happy with yourself !,,,

Good words. My gf says the same.
  • Like 2

I am Thai. I have been following this forum for a while. All the negative thoughts against our country and our people especially Thai women, are the reflections of your own perceptions and personality. We actually do not need such negative people like you to pollute our air , our Buddhist Land ! Please leave Thai for good. The polluted air is gonna get better without all negative breathe.

Remember, where ever you go , you will never feel happy as you are not happy with yourself !,,,

Have you ever thought that people criticize Thailand because they love it? Apathy is the opposite of both love and hate.

• Like 1

No way this poster is Thai.

Another elderly western male troll.

• Like 2

No way this poster is Thai.

Another elderly western male troll.

If that's true, I got PUNKED. I hate when that happens ... ermm.gif

I live here because I choose to, when I state my opinion it is just that, MY opinion, I did the same in Australia , it is called being a vocal part of the community. It is natural for people to reflect on things that happen, especially when it reflects on their lives, doesnt mean that you hate the country you have chosen to live in, it means you care enough about it to give an opinion and not just ignore everything. I would like nothing more than to see Thailand move into the 20th century, it would be a boon for the general population as it would remove a lot of the deaths now occurring, ignoring the corruption that is at the heart of it doesnt help either. The other thing I have found the world over is that it is usually red necked rascists that start telling people to leave, usually because they are simply to ignorant/biased to accept the truth when thay see it. If someone doesnt like living here then they will leave, they dont need any help, those of us that live here by choice see things as they happen and we pass it on especially if it causes us concern, again its just a normal reaction that would happen in every opther country. The ones that dont like it are usually those that do not know any better or are simply blind to it, mai pen rai covers a lot of sh*t up.

• Like 2

Are you familiar with the word -- xenophobia? coffee1.gif

Have you ever lived in a country outside Thailand?

Does it occur to you foreigners see things about Thailand that native Thais NEVER could?

Thailand is not an ISLAND.

It is part of the global world now.

Unless Thais want to be like North Korea, that is.

Just because you are Thai doesn't logically mean you have everything right, even about Thailand.

Yes, westerners have large cultural differences. Westerners can learn from Easterners, and VICE VERSA.

It is true most westerners can never see Thailand as a Thai, but the opposite is true too.

To the PEGOTs (Pan European Guests Of Thailand) that find Ms. Namy's comment admirable, I will say this -- a similarly toned -- go home foreigners and stop "polluting" our air and referring to the majority RELIGION from a native in a western land would properly be called BIGOTED. So if it's bigoted from westerners, and it is, how is it that it is not bigoted from Thais?

There is no bigotry when an insider tells an outsider to "fit in or leave." It's their house. You throw that word, bigotry, around too much when anyone disagrees with you.

I don't find Thais on the whole bigoted. Most I've met wonder why someone comes to their country and tries to complains about it. As I say. it's their house. Their rules.

Oh, xenophobia is the fear of outsiders. Thais, doubtfully, fear westerners.

And neither are Thai women

As has already been said, you are ignoring degrees of magnitude and are fallaciously claiming that, because your selected ailments exist elsewhere, they are no different in Thailand. Except that Western countries, which are all individual with their own characteristics, are generally more civilised. Pollution emissions, food safety, road safety, government monitoring, education, and so on, are generally better regulated and managed in Western countries than in Thailand.

More money is always preferable to less money but Western couples are typically of a similar socio-economic status; which suggests that many of them might even, dare I say it, really love each other. Compare that to the typical Thai/Westerner couple in Thailand. He is so much older than her that he wouldn't get a second glance from someone her age back home. He virtually always has a lot more money than her and is usually her sugar daddy. The "no money, no honey" rule still applies. Hooker "love". Nothing more. Test it and see.

Lower class Thai women lie to the same degree as the true love back home; who you ditched during a mid-life crisis for cheap pu$$y in Thailand? You must have had a bad one at home. No wonder you did a runner.

Nothing hypocritical about calling a spade a spade. Although it's quite entertaining to watch insecure ex-pats publicly attempting to convince themselves that they made the right decision.

• Like 2

Does it occur to you foreigners see things about Thailand that native Thais NEVER could?

Just because you are Thai doesn't logically mean you have everything right, even about Thailand.

Yes, westerners have large cultural differences. Westerners can learn from Easterners, and VICE VERSA.

It is true most westerners can never see Thailand as a Thai, but the opposite is true too.

To the PEGOTs (Pan European Guests Of Thailand) that find Ms. Namy's comment admirable, I will say this -- a similarly toned -- go home foreigners and stop "polluting" our air and referring to the majority RELIGION from a native in a western land would properly be called BIGOTED. So if it's bigoted from westerners, and it is, how is it that it is not bigoted from Thais?

There is no bigotry when an insider tells an outsider to "fit in or leave." It's their house. You throw that word, bigotry, around too much when anyone disagrees with you.

I don't find Thais on the whole bigoted. Most I've met wonder why someone comes to their country and tries to complains about it. As I say. it's their house. Their rules.

The word is not only about fear. Many people make the same mistake you did, see the root PHOBIA and thinking it is limited to fear.

I was speaking about the post, not all Thais.

Also the post wasn't fit in or leave, it was shut your trap and don't ever say anything critical about any of your experiences in Thailand on a bloody EXPAT FORUM, or leave. That's offensive. Why would that be defensible?

Is that the vision of a healthy expat forum -- endless pap about how everything is perfect? Again, see NORTH KOREA. No thank you.

Fit in or leave ... how about neither? I don't know about you but I'm not an IMMIGRANT here. Live here, yes, year by year, but will never be an immigrant, not even an option.

I'm sorry, checking the brain at BKK is not on the program.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

And neither are Thai women

I'm bit confused. Just plain stupid, allow me to retort, you no doubt were standing in front of mirror before you used your mouth to express your empty heart and head. Now quickly, back under your rock. So the rest of us are safe. We will not communicate on your level or lack of. Really struck nerve about what you haven't done with your life....like become humaine. enjoy your life.

You like being followed around in Boots by young ladies when selecting condoms?

Of course why wouldn't I?

Gotten good advice about massage oils, and the advantages of Astroglide over KY jelly as well.

Why are you shy to discuss those matters with hot young salesgirls?

Your loss. . .

You like being followed around in Boots by young ladies when selecting condoms?

Of course why wouldn't I?

Gotten good advice about massage oils, and the advantages of Astroglide over KY jelly as well.

Why are you shy to discuss those matters with hot young salesgirls?

Your loss. . .

I'm shy.wub.png

Likewise agree to a point. Not you, but by the culture & government rules' dictate what rights non-citizens are allowed. Say, hypothetically, it was legal to kill a foreigner based on where the moon was in the nights sky. Given, culture. The Thai government would stand by it with the typical black heart to other families affected.

But compare actions to the rest of the world as a whole, than....maybe Thailand would seem not just a lot racist but over taking its step. Actually...in all reality, their is no Thai national that can defend Thailand's ever so blatant bigotry.

I know when I go back to Califorinia, the Thais met there regardless of wealth are seen or treated (yet less with superficiality, but more in confrontation) like...well in the old days people did pinch pennies against a piss stained wall. In other wards, Thais are low but accepted unlike other countries in Thailand. Actually, Thais are & believe will be always, justifiably at the bottom compared to the more not only higher education, but more opened minded, Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese & Japanese.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand