Not allowed to send Baht out of Thailand from SCB...?

You didn't transfer THB, you may well have transferred another currency but not Baht, BOT doesn't allow it and the banks in Thailand act as BOT's agent in this matter.

http://www.bot.or.th/English/ForeignExchangeRegulations/FXRegulation/Pages/ExchangeControlLaw.aspx

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 1

Your HSBC rate is wrong, simple as that.

Also, THB is a restricted currency, the central bank does not allow more than 50k baht per person to be exported.

the 50k restriction pertains to physical Baht, to neighbouring countries it is 500k.

Also, THB is a restricted currency, the central bank does not allow more than 50k baht per person to be exported.

wasted thread, wasted bandwidth and wasted time advising OP.

the 50k restriction pertains to physical Baht, to neighbouring countries it is 500k.

"A person traveling to Vietnam, the People's Republic of China (only Yunnan province) and Thailand's bordering countries is allowed to take out up to THB 2,000,000. Taking out Thai Baht bank notes in an amount exceeding THB 450,000 requires declaration to a Customs Officer.

A person traveling to other countries is allowed up to THB 50,000".

http://www.bot.or.th/English/ForeignExchangeRegulations/FXRegulation/Pages/ExchangeControlLaw.aspx

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

wasted thread, wasted bandwidth and wasted time advising OP.

Not really - if you lot bothered to read my response earlier today, you would have seen that I took on your 'advice'...

I've already sent GBP from SCB this morning.

And if it really is such a waste of time and bandwidth, why bother replying??

I also had a similar problem last month transferring money to an account in Europe.

Simply took the money to Bangkok Bank and they were happy to transfer it and earn Baht 1,500 (give or take a few Baht) in "fees". The money was credited to the account the next working day.

Problem solved.

My advice: Try Bangkok Bank.

You likely have no method to do this other than convert money to your country's currency at Thai bank... they can give u a cashier's check or whatever method they want.. but there r limits in daily or weekly amounts.

Almost nobody who works at a Thai bank knows their own rules or how to interpret them. Your choice is to try different banks or different times of day at same banks to come across different workers.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Almost nobody who works at a Thai bank knows their own rules or how to interpret them. Your choice is to try different banks or different times of day at same banks to come across different workers.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If there's one rule that all Thai bank staff know, it's the BOT regulation that forbids sending THB outside of Thailand.