Kings Coronation Celebrations

The Dan Sai Kid

Does anyone know what is planned for The King's coronation celebrations in Chiang Mai?

Are there event planned over the weekend - or is it only on Friday? Will there be any roads closed? Are there any areas that should be avoided if you are in a car?

At my school Friday is the big day for celebrating it is Friday, I would like to buy a yellow shirt to wear that day - but need a bigger size - any ideas where I can get one?

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by The Dan Sai Kid

Exhibition in Chiang Mai in Honor of His Majesty the King

The Office of the Royal Development Project Board will organize special activities in honor of His Majesty the King to commemorate the 60th anniversary celebrations of his accession to the throne this year. The activities are meant for people to learn about his development principles and his great contributions to the country and people throughout his 60 years on the throne. Among the activities is a permanent exhibition at the Huai Hong Krai Royal Development Study Center in Chiang Mai Province from June 10 to 17.

Other activities include a contest of speeches and the production of radio and television documentaries and books on the topic “Sixty Years on the Throne for the Benefit and Happiness of the People.”

Source: The Government Public Relations Department Information Center

The big day is Monday and the shirts are running in short supply

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/str?gui...060605731503519

Yeah, I'd agree with that link. The traders are defo gouging. Stopped off on the Mae Jo road and the missus enquired how mich for a regular T-shirt - 250B! Nice little 300% mark-up there... you think they'd be a little more foregiving bearing in mind the occasion :o