Pattaya: Van driver molests passenger, gets punched by her boyfriend

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have gone to the police, if the driver makes a complaint and says he did not touch her you know who the police will believe and the boyfriend will be in trouble.

I feel deeply sorry for your wife or gf if you have one, although probably not..

I can honestly say I would have beat him to death..

Although I misunderstood the story in the fist place (thought B/F was farang), hence my saying You know who the police will believe.

I still say anybody is stupid to go and beat up the driver, the story could be rather different if the driver had a knife or a gun tucked away by his seat.

Something doesn't sound right to me either. The van driver sat and waited "after" he supposedly committed a crime and they exchanged phone numbers? Sounds more like the girl wanted to leave boyfriend, he got mad and jealous, took it out on the waiting van driver, and now the girl is more afraid of her boyfriend so she made up the story and is too afraid to leave him.

This really isn't too far from reality. My niece had a violent boyfriend she wanted to break up with in a faraway city. I drove 300kms to his house to help her get her things. He came out thinking I was her new boyfriend ready to do battle. Too his surprise I was twice as tall and had him outweighed by 100lbs! He started to take it out on her but I stopped that too. We left with not only her stuff but also a big chunk of baht that she had been forced to give him over the preceding month. Real piece of work but not unusual in Thailand. She's happily married to some one else and who knows about to old boy friend. Most likely up to his old games with some other unfortunate.

So I'm not sure the van driver is as guilty as one believes. Need to wait to hear from his side of the story.

Something doesn't sound right to me either. The van driver sat and waited "after" he supposedly committed a crime and they exchanged phone numbers? Sounds more like the girl wanted to leave boyfriend, he got mad and jealous, took it out on the waiting van driver, and now the girl is more afraid of her boyfriend so she made up the story and is too afraid to leave him.

How about, the boyfriend is actually only a customer, who thinks he's a boyfriend .

Should have gone to the police, if the driver makes a complaint and says he did not touch her you know who the police will believe and the boyfriend will be in trouble.

I feel deeply sorry for your wife or gf if you have one, although probably not..

That would give you a nice warm cosy feeling that would last you all through your 20 year prison sentence.........Neanderthals probably died out because they couldn't think past a few weeks

Well, maybe. Or maybe it was because natural selection favored another sub-species with more social consciousness and which provided better for their mating partners.

What is up with this woman.... why would she get in the front with a beer swilling driver?

Anyhow, it sounds like justice was done, well done the boyfriend, and let us hope the driver is punished and never allowed out on the roads as a minibus driver again.

What is it with these people?

u know who the police will believe, the THA driver or the THAI boyfriend????

No mention of the Nationality of the alleged victim or Boyfriend!!!!!

basil b, have you ever tried to call the thai police? and how do you know that the female was thai?the thai police are utterly usless in an emergenct situation, years ago I watched three of them stand by a pickup bed and watch a thai cut a females throat even though they had gune they did nothing until the female was dead! the appeared on thai Tv news.

That would give you a nice warm cosy feeling that would last you all through your 20 year prison sentence.........Neanderthals probably died out because they couldn't think past a few weeks

Well said. I feel sorry for the Neanderthal's wife of gf. If his post about the way he settles disputes, conflict, criminal acts also applies to domestic disputes he will be creating a very unpleasant life for everyone around him. You can't expect there to be law and order if your answer to crime is to act outside the bounds of the law. By all means confront him and detain him until the police arrive but to beat him to death is shorted sighted and stupid especially for a foreigner in Thailand.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The one with the most money wins...???

I'd say : well done boyfriend, I would do exactly the same.

Calling or going to police, euh, where are we ? Police has got no time for such unpaid tasks !

Should have put him in the hospittal minus his testes...

Well said. I feel sorry for the Neanderthal's wife of gf. If his post about the way he settles disputes, conflict, criminal acts also applies to domestic disputes he will be creating a very unpleasant life for everyone around him. You can't expect there to be law and order if your answer to crime is to act outside the bounds of the law. By all means confront him and detain him until the police arrive but to beat him to death is shorted sighted and stupid especially for a foreigner in Thailand.

And how should we feel about someone who sympathizes with a rapist?

OMG !

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

Does not sound right to,me. She left and came back?. Then swapped numbers?

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Hello! i don't think you are able to think "outside the circle"............Her action sounds perfectly ok to me, in fact very cool.

• Like 1

Calling or going to police, euh, where are we ? Police has got no time for such unpaid tasks !

I would have been very tempted to take a pair of pliers to his nuts

"pair of pliers" coincidentally also is the way Filipinos refer to the 2 people in an airplane cockpit.

You mean 'Pilipinos' don't you?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"...you know who the police will believe and the boyfriend will be in trouble."

That makes even less sense then the usual Thai Visa/ Hawaii Five-O police analysis.

Did you even bother to read the article or look at the picture?

"The police received calls for help at around 01.00 this morning and arrived at minivan 'queue' for DK Van Company on Central Pattaya Road ...."

All you have to do is mention "police" on Thai Visa and the commentators start making ridiculous allegations based on ... hmm ... I guess on other ridiculous allegations they've read on TV or that they've produced in their limited imaginations.

Maybe some of us have more experience with THailand's finest then you ! It is not because they show up that actual action will be taken.

Why do I know this, well my wife's father is a cop and I've worked with them as interpreter. There are a few good ones but they can be counted on one hand, most of them are useless !

She did exactly that. Who will the police believe, and why>

basil b, have you ever tried to call the thai police? and how do you know that the female was thai?the thai police are utterly usless in an emergenct situation, years ago I watched three of them stand by a pickup bed and watch a thai cut a females throat even though they had gune they did nothing until the female was dead! the appeared on thai Tv news.

No...

But I still think it was the wrong thing to do.

Also if you had read the original news article the police had been called and did turn up.

"The police received calls for help at around 01.00 this morning and arrived at minivan 'queue' for DK Van Company on Central Pattaya Road, in Chonburi's Banglamung district, to find a woman, still visibly shaken by the incident, waiting for the officers."

Good on the girl thinking on her feet could well have saved her from something worse and good on her boyfriend too this may very well be the only justice they get, as for some of the gutless posters on here It sounds like a good few of you are frightened of your own shadows, must be a sad way to live your lives.....

• Like 1

Although I misunderstood the story in the fist place (thought B/F was farang), hence my saying You know who the police will believe.

I still say anybody is stupid to go and beat up the driver, the story could be rather different if the driver had a knife or a gun tucked away by his seat.

The boyfriend could also have had a knife or a gun so you could say the driver got away with it relatively easy...............wink.png

How about, the boyfriend is actually only a customer, who thinks he's a boyfriend .

You mean like the rest of us living in Pattaya ?

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Seems to be a pretty stupid would-be rapist.

In his twisted mind, he probably didn't consider it to be rape.

This is normally how they approach Thai ladies; aggressively!

One more reason why Thai ladies prefer Foreign Men.

We are usually blamed for chasing them,

but in fact it's them who are running for safety & comfort,

which we offer over the Thai Men.

Morals are key,

and the parents teach very little of them to the Thai's.

Sad but oh so true.

Mini-Van drivers seem to have less and less credibility as humans.

most i have met were good guys, typical thai guys, but good guys.

had one extremely annoying incident once though: was in minivan with farang g/f and suddenly the driver tells us we are NOT allowed to talk ("NO SPEAK!") during the ride. i first thought he was joking so i continued my chat but then the guy became verbally aggressive. i took my phone, called a police friend, explained in loud & clear basic Thai that i was having issues with a driver, could not talk with my g/f and then passed the phone to the primate... a lot of "KHRAP POM'ing" followed and the primate never said a word again... thainess at its best thumbsup.gifwai2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Mini-Van drivers seem to have less and less credibility as humans.

most i have met were good guys, typical thai guys, but good guys.

had one extremely annoying incident once though: was in minivan with farang g/f and suddenly the driver tells us we are NOT allowed to talk ("NO SPEAK!") during the ride. i first thought he was joking so i continued my chat but then the guy became verbally aggressive. i took my phone, called a police friend, explained in loud & clear basic Thai that i was having issues with a driver, could not talk with my g/f and then passed the phone to the primate... a lot of "KHRAP POM'ing" followed and the primate never said a word again... thainess at its best thumbsup.gifwai2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Nice one, well done.!!!...but..... did the driver pull over to the side of the road to talk to the policeman on the phone...whistling.gif