Taxi From Pattaya To Bangkok

Blake7

Could anyone be so kind as to tell me where to find a taxi from Pattaya to Bangkok late at night. I remember taking one several years ago from a a kind of Taxi rank but I can't for the life of me remember where it was.

Whats the going rate these days - 1200 baht still?

Could anyone be so kind as to tell me where to find a taxi from Pattaya to Bangkok late at night. I remember taking one several years ago from a a kind of Taxi rank but I can't for the life of me remember where it was.

if you look around, some are doing it for 800, dont know what route they take though, dont forget the tolls as well, some (most) hotels have a mini bus that do the Pattaya - Bankok run to pick up tourists from the airport

Just about every soi you walk along you will find a small kiosk advertising taxis to Bangkok/Airport.

Many are about 800 baht non expressway travel. Add about 220 baht for expressway.

As you are leaving Pattaya late at night, it is advisable to pre-book your ride. Don't leave it 'till the last minute.

I heard of someone getting a taxi ride to the airport for 400 baht, all incl. Probably not using the toll road and the car was apparently from around WWII - but it is possible.

You often see a row of meter taxis waiting on 2nd road near Marine Plaza, supposedly they charge 800 + toll road.

I always take my regular driver @ 1500 all incl. Excellent driver, speaks good English, clean new car, well worth the extra cost.

Yes, you can prebook them for about 800 baht a day or two in advance. The cab will pick you up at your hotel/residence. 800 sure as hel_l beats the 2000 we paid from BKK to Patters. Hey , it was our first tiem but now we know.

I always take my regular driver @ 1500 all incl. Excellent driver, speaks good English, clean new car, well worth the extra cost.

Same same. I use one of the guys that lives in my building. One of my buddies uses him as well. 1,500 baht including tolls. You can leave when you want, stop along the way if you want.

No worries about shady operators trying to shanghai you for more money, or having to share a ride with "less than desirable" other passengers, ect.

I also use him for my visa runs as well. Get to leave later in the day, stop (or not stop) along the way. Leave Ban Laem as soon as you are finished, instead of waiting for the inevitable "problem children". Little more expensive than using a visa company on one hand, but more convenient on the other.

I've seen some of the taxi kiosks have started upping the rate to 900 baht now. Surprised they didn't do that awhile ago. 2 years ago, gas was 17 baht/litre. Now it's like 24 baht/litre. (200 baht yesterday to fill my little 200cc Phantom !)

I have used the "taxi from the hotel" option in previous years, and only once did they try to scam me (back in '98). Fortunately I had the g/f with me and she put an end to that pretty quick.

That was only once out of, hmmmm, a dozen or so trips ?

I heard of someone getting a taxi ride to the airport for 400 baht, all incl. Probably not using the toll road and the car was apparently from around WWII - but it is possible.

You often see a row of meter taxis waiting on 2nd road near Marine Plaza, supposedly they charge 800 + toll road.

I am looking for a good driver/nice car for trips to BKK...can you pm me with his details if you don't mind throwing a little extra business his way.

Edited by tuffy

Oh yeah, where do taxis leave London for Heathrow from? Same answer

:o

You can pick up a black cab anywhere to take you to Heathrow, should set you back about 50-70 quid, depending on time of day, motorways (M4, M25, M3)and where abouts in London you, but I reckon you may be pushed to find a toll road

(They got otherways to seperate you from your money :D )

Edited by pepsi666

Those Taxiservice booths are pretty reliable.

BKK Taxidrivers build a pool to avoid going back emtpy,that's why the price is so "cheap" .

Prebook a couple of hours and they'll pick you up at your place.

Alternatively use the advise from other members and book one of the drivers mentioned in here .

THB 1500.- is still a good deal.

Edited by visarunner

I am looking for a good driver/nice car for trips to BKK...can you pm me with his details if you don't mind throwing a little extra business his way.

Sure! PM sent.

The 800 baht bangkok meter taxis are generally reliable. Just make sure that you establish where in Bangkok you want to be dropped off before you leave. Last time I took a taxi, the driver was supposed to take me to Central Ladprao but when we arrived in Bangkok, all of a sudden the driver decided that he couldn't be arsed going to Central Ladprao and dropped me off in Rama 4 instead. Needless to say, the lazy bastard didn't recieve his tip. :o