Thousands of police and troops for redshirt rally

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

depends on how many of the silent majority in BKK who are peed off with suthep bother to show up ,he the man who wants to rob them of their votes and free elections.

they dont have to be a red shirt

now thats just pure desperation..passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi you can go and mingle with the burmese...to make that all important impact on those grim numbers,,,,

So from 500.000 paid red shirts 3 days ago down to 200.000 yesterday and now 700.000! The guy who do their counting probably need a calculator to add 10 + 10.

No matter HOW MANY-------- they are red shirts.This is a serious rally ----not a Suthep play around-------- Big trouble for all of us

May Buddha protect you allwai2.gif

Please go back to bed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I thought the PDRC were having a rally this week bigger than last weeks? which means it would trounce the Red Rally, which are all pointless and just sabre rattling at its best.

Whoopy Do, you're being a bit melodramatic believing that the reds will start hunting down Farangs, especially those who actually live within the red areas, most of these Farang have been embedded in these villages for a long time, you seem to think it's all about to go the way of Dante's inferno, it won't, it never will either, all it will take is a few words by one man, and it will all stop.

Don't be too hasty in packing your bags, and are you not the kind of man who stands an fights for his family and for honour and all the crap, or are you more of a " <deleted> this, I'm off, you lot can sort out your on mess" and leave all your loved ones behind wink.png

The PDRC never announced a rally, they announced a meeting of leaders only.

They challenged the UDD to beat last week's numbers which have failed miserably, as you can see from the pics.

I would say maybe a little over 1000 there at 2pm... hahaha.

Stay and fight for what? My wife is coming with me, and her family can look after themselves... which Thai would ever stand up and fight for me?????

When civil war starts and foreign opinion starts flying in, there is usually a backlash against foreigners.

What would stop dumb red youths from adjoining villages who know where farang are outside their village from going over to taht village mob handed and do what they do best?

Do you really think every farang is an absolute superstar in the eyes of everyone in their village just because they lived there a long time?... You really don't know Thailand do you?

Thais are mostly jealous of farangs for what they perceive to be rich people living on the cheap in Thailand. That also breeds animosity.

I think you have a typical farang distorted view of how most Thais actually think about the farang.

How many westerners hung around Cambodia and Vietnam during their conflicts??

I thought I read it here that he was having a big protest today that was to be bigger than last weeks? I must have misread it then, no worries, protests are getting monotonous anyway, numbers are down, and the UDD one was always going to be wishful thinking.

Just think though, the UDD saved themselves a lot of money for paying people, if there's such a low turn out!! hahahahhaa

What's to stop Dumb red Youths turn up at any time and doing what they do best? They're in for a shock, as I live a very low profile, and far from the superstar image, I guess you've not really lived in one of these small red villages have you? They will take pity on me as the only hi-tec gadget I have is my iphone 5, I don't do "In your face look at me I'm super rich and you're all lowlife, stupid buffaloes" I keep my opinions to myself as well, and wouldn't dream of telling a village head who he should be voting for, or the villagers for that matter, as it's NOTHING to do with me.

When you say most Thais, I'm presuming you are not just meaning most "Red" Thai's? I think you'll actually find that as a non resident no matter where in the world you are, the locals treat you different, I lived in Spain for a year, and the local "Males" were a lot less friendly than the Thai's, I also worked in South America, and again, you were a "Gringo" and were treated less cordially, you're making it sound like this is just a Thai issue, it's not, and I hate to burst your little Marshmallow land ideology, but in the UK, the Locals looked down on the Polish and Islamic immigrants with the very same attitudes that you're saying the Thai's have. You think that the Scots don't hold the "White Settlers" from Down South with a similar contempt? .. Earth calling Whoopy Doo, comms check!! Too right they have issues, it's called bigotry. It's like this all over the world, so to single out this being a Thai issue is wrong ;)

Maybe the Thai's around my village don't see me as a Jack the lad look at me I'm a rich superstar kind of guy, simply because that's not how I go about, I keep a very low profile, so as NOT to give them any impression that I'm better than them, because I'm not any better than them, I'm there equal, I'm not super rich, and do't flash the cash, I have a well paying job, and work away 6 weeks at a time, and I don't gob off and party like a nutter when I do get home.

Don't be too quick to judge a lot of the Farangs, we all know the flash Harry's who DO look down on the Thai's, not everyone shows that lack of respect fella ;)

In case you hadn't noticed, there's already a civil war going on in the South, and has been for a long time, I don't believe there's been many Farang rounded up and driven out in the South, perhaps a few have decided to locate to less hostile areas, I don't know exactly how many have lost their lives as a direct result of confrontation in that civil war either. Perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge can chip in?

It's your prerogative to pack up and leave, I can, if push comes to shove, pack up what I need in 20 minutes, and leave, but I'm pretty confident I'll never need to do that, I have a decent background that would put me in a more advantageous position if a civil war broke out, I might sound a bit blase, but I'm not concerned, there's no need to panic yet Captain Mainwairing ;)

It will never come to a civil war, there's one voice that would stop it dead in its track before it took root, and turned the country into another of the worlds hot spots. I'm 100% confident that it will never come, there might be the odd hostile act, but an out and out civil war? Nope, not going to happen.. ;)

• Like 1

Thai Wife brother is a Thai Kick boxer and when I showed him the photo, he could not stop laughing

I asked him why

He said they have left them selves open for the most serious Kick boxing mistake any apponent can make, for a thunder kick

when I asked him what he meant .he walked away laughing

A side direct kick between the legs, .............. game over

Ooh I could feel the pain as I visualised his words

Haha.

Muay Thai boxing is completely different to street fighting.

someone launches a straight leg kick at you, all you do is grab their ankle with your hand and continue to pull the leg upwards and the attacker flips onto his back in a second and you have him on the ground and defenseless. Or you can simply use your forearm to parry the kick by placing it under his ankle and continue pushing the leg up.

These fruitcakes wouldn't stand a chance in a no rules street fight..... It is a bit different to what they are used to, they can only win with several onto one person, that is Thai style street fighting... In the UK they wouldn't stand a chance in a one on one.

I was in plymouth in 2007. I saw a fight break out, one on one lasted about 10 seconds. I saw guys running from other bars just to get some licks in so I think maybe Thailand does not hold the title for several on one fighting. It is something that happens worldwide in any large group when a fight breaks out. Oh and all those guys who were running to get licks in had big boots on. Just what I always wear out for a night out......Not.

• Like 1

depends on how many of the silent majority in BKK who are peed off with suthep bother to show up ,he the man who wants to rob them of their votes and free elections.

they dont have to be a red shirt

Seems the majority of BKK that you purport to be pissed off with Suthep's supporters. actually line the streets every time there is a march and throw money at him.

Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever heard of anyone in BKK ever displaying their opposition to the anti-government protests apart from CAPO and the government and the reds.

If you insist this 'phantom' majority exists, why have they not organized their own rally over the past 5 months to show opposition to Suthep.

Therefore all that rubbish exists in your fantasy only.

Thai Wife brother is a Thai Kick boxer and when I showed him the photo, he could not stop laughing

I asked him why

He said they have left them selves open for the most serious Kick boxing mistake any apponent can make, for a thunder kick

Haha.

someone launches a straight leg kick at you, all you do is grab their ankle with your hand and continue to pull the leg upwards and the attacker flips onto his back in a second and you have him on the ground and defenseless. Or you can simply use your forearm to parry the kick by placing it under his ankle and continue pushing the leg up.

These fruitcakes wouldn't stand a chance in a no rules street fight..... It is a bit different to what they are used to, they can only win with several onto one person, that is Thai style street fighting... In the UK they wouldn't stand a chance in a one on one.

I was in plymouth in 2007. I saw a fight break out, one on one lasted about 10 seconds. I saw guys running from other bars just to get some licks in so I think maybe Thailand does not hold the title for several on one fighting. It is something that happens worldwide in any large group when a fight breaks out. Oh and all those guys who were running to get licks in had big boots on. Just what I always wear out for a night out......Not.

I am not saying mass brawls don't happen in the UK, they do... and Plymouth is a classic example of a place where they do happen.

They are normally navy lads against locals.

But I think every Brit will back me up that if a bunch of people were kicking into a single guy in the street, then others would step in and stop them. It is not acceptable where I come from.

I think Chalerm would be the best choice to replace Yingluck, when she have to step down.

He always have good answers on tuff questions and he is honest.

A true Puea Thai leader, loved even by his opponents in PDRC.

"This is because they do not come to overthrow the government. The people who carry weapons are those who want to bring down the government."

Picture taken at 17.10

10151264_803281516351459_187744284982590

Not getting any bigger from what I can see.

That's all their support and 1000 of them supposed to be their trained security and 3000 police and army.

So how many actual supporters?.... 25?

This epic fail is going to play into the hands of the PDRC, I bet these pictures will be getting laughed at on the Lumpini stage tonight.

It will also show the courts that there is nothing to worry about when they uphold the law and topple this riff raff government.

I bet Chalerm, Surapong and Yingluck are sick as pigs looking at their supporters..... Their veiled threats all week long to the independent agencies of a possible uprising have lost all their credibility.

Hopefully after this rally has fizzled out on Monday to nothing.... Yingluck will get the message and salvage the tiny shed of integrity she has left and resign...... and take her crock of crap cabinet with her so the country can move forward.

Looks like 698.000 of the 700.000 Red shirts must had stopped hafway to Bangkok for Somtam and Lao Kao.

Anybody seen any very recent photos or detailed reports of the red gathering today?

Here are some of the latest pictures of the red rally site... time 14.07pm ..... But it's OK.... it's only a rehearsal cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

1978841_803225133023764_3949384300588679

1613941_803232139689730_6058910774258014

1970979_803235506356060_1541341744548590

And for the sake of comparisons.....

10172702_803233676356243_530404809177067

Anyone know why the orange circle on the second photo? Impossible to see.

Anybody seen any very recent photos or detailed reports of the red gathering today?

Here are some of the latest pictures of the red rally site... time 14.07pm ..... But it's OK.... it's only a rehearsal cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

The orange circle was showing someone carrying a board with writing on it that is not even Thai.

Probably Burmese.

The orange circle was showing someone carrying a board with writing on it that is not even Thai.

Probably Burmese.

Thank you I notised, It´s probably Burmese.

Picture taken at 17.10

10151264_803281516351459_187744284982590

Not getting any bigger from what I can see.

That's all their support and 1000 of them supposed to be their trained security and 3000 police and army.

So how many actual supporters?.... 25?

This epic fail is going to play into the hands of the PDRC, I bet these pictures will be getting laughed at on the Lumpini stage tonight.

It will also show the courts that there is nothing to worry about when they uphold the law and topple this riff raff government.

I bet Chalerm, Surapong and Yingluck are sick as pigs looking at their supporters..... Their veiled threats all week long to the independent agencies of a possible uprising have lost all their credibility.

Hopefully after this rally has fizzled out on Monday to nothing.... Yingluck will get the message and salvage the tiny shed of integrity she has left and resign...... and take her crock of crap cabinet with her so the country can move forward.

Now, I have to listen to my wife tell me, "I toldya so." The more worried I got about this a few days ago, the more she wondered what was wrong with me. She kept saying nobody would show up, that she hadn't heard of anybody planning to attend this thing. Looks like she was right--again.

• Like 2

1493156_803292813016996_2256507923708490

It seems that most of them must have got to the entrance and seen they were all being searched for weapons and turned around.

Chances are many of them are dispersed around BKK plotting an attack on the PDRC... hope I am wrong.

• Like 1

I asked him why

Haha.

I am not saying mass brawls don't happen in the UK, they do... and Plymouth is a classic example of a place where they do happen.

But I think every Brit will back me up that if a bunch of people were kicking into a single guy in the street, then others would step in and stop them. It is not acceptable where I come from.

Sorry, that's more twaddle, most people bow their heads and walk on by, the odd brave/drunk soul might say something to the attackers, and 9/10 they turn on him, all you need to do is look at CCTV footage outside night clubs where mob mentality hunts in packs, and it's normally a lassie who will try and intervene, only to be slapped down herself.

In my 33 years of adult life, I can count on one hand where I've seen a "Good Samaritan" step in to try and stop a mob beating, these as I said are normally either old ladies, or young lassies, normally the girlfriend's

The cold blunt truth is that in the UK nobody wants the added aggro of the mob turning on them, I've seen Mobs pounce on Coppers, including WPC's at football games. Nobody went to help, it took a few more brave coppers driving into the crowd with a van, and grabbing the two downed cops..

Nobody wants to get involved as you don't know the reasons for the beating, for all you know it could be angry parents who have caught up with a Nonce, way too many young ones carry blades on them too, sorry, but I think you're out of touch with the reality on this one fella, whilst you may feel compelled to step in, it doesn't always happen ;)

My Mia noi comes from a supposedly staunch red shirt village in Issan , that in the past has always sent many people to rally's

for 500bt each but since most of the villagers have been driven into near bankruptcy by the rice pledging scam and other broken promises , and the rich local redshirt organisers have issued threats , the locals are now reluctant to go they are seeing the light but they fear intimidation and violence and jao por influence as well .

My mianoi always thought taksin and the redshirt thing was B/S but now her family believe her opinion , but they are scared ....

• Like 1

Haha.

Sorry, that's more twaddle, most people bow their heads and walk on by, the odd brave/drunk soul might say something to the attackers, and 9/10 they turn on him, all you need to do is look at CCTV footage outside night clubs where mob mentality hunts in packs, and it's normally a lassie who will try and intervene, only to be slapped down herself.

In my 33 years of adult life, I can count on one hand where I've seen a "Good Samaritan" step in to try and stop a mob beating, these as I said are normally either old ladies, or young lassies, normally the girlfriend's

The cold blunt truth is that in the UK nobody wants the added aggro of the mob turning on them, I've seen Mobs pounce on Coppers, including WPC's at football games. Nobody went to help, it took a few more brave coppers driving into the crowd with a van, and grabbing the two downed cops..

Nobody wants to get involved as you don't know the reasons for the beating, for all you know it could be angry parents who have caught up with a Nonce, way too many young ones carry blades on them too, sorry, but I think you're out of touch with the reality on this one fella, whilst you may feel compelled to step in, it doesn't always happen wink.png

Well you are obviously Scottish and I don't know what life up there is like, but it must be pretty abysmal.

I lived in the UK for over 40 years, and in my own hometown of Newcastle, it is acceptable to have a 1 on 1 fight if there is a greivence between 2 people, if there are more than one onto a single person it is not the lasses that step in, it is ALL the male observers and they will likely pummel the living crap out of them.

We have a code of honour where i come from... Nobody will stand by and watch someone getting a kicking from a bunch of people.

I was there last year for 3 months, I am NOT out of touch... I also lived in Oxfordshire for years and I never saw any single person being beaten by more than one person, I have seen it tried and again, the pack of dogs were sorted out by all the male observers....

It is you who are out of touch mate... Or maybe it is a Scottish thing that they fight like Thai dog packs, and that is a sure sign of cowardice.

Also, where I come from and Oxfordshire included, I have never head of any kids carrying knives, because it is almost mandatory prison for carrying deadly weapons in the UK.

Like I said.... It is you that is out of touch, and stop referring to soccer violence because that is pack fighting by its nature.

Anyway... we are miles off topic now, so let's get back to the actual topic in hand.

Your red army are finished. smile.png

Edited by WoopyDoo
  • Like 1

hahahahahaha, seem like our local reds are avoiding the humiliation in here on their big event. They have always put up pics to "prove" how great their reds are but they strangely seem to be very scarce today, wonder whyw00t.gif .

You can bet that the fact the police/army are checking everyone for weapons will be playing a part, reds cant do anything unless they have a gun/knife/grenade so they can show everyone else how big their willie is, you only have to see the pic of their 2 leaders comparing sizesblink.png to see how pathetic these drop kicks are.

Now lets see if they can be true to their word and close this joke of a gathering down seeing it is no where near the size of the crowd suthep got. Just hope these idiots dont start the grenade/shooting crap again tonight because they are frustrated at having such a sh*tty turn out, they get more spectaters at an over 90's lawn bowls tournamentcheesy.gif .

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

My Mia noi comes from a supposedly staunch red shirt village in Issan , that in the past has always sent many people to rally's

for 500bt each but since most of the villagers have been driven into near bankruptcy by the rice pledging scam and other broken promises , and the rich local redshirt organisers have issued threats , the locals are now reluctant to go they are seeing the light but they fear intimidation and violence and jao por influence as well .

My mianoi always thought taksin and the redshirt thing was B/S but now her family believe her opinion , but they are scared ....

I shouldn't worry too much, I think the red shirt time is fast running out.

Jatuporn and Nattawut will be put in prison very soon and they won't get out for a very long time (if ever).

This government will topple and an anti-thaksin regime government will be installed, then the control goes over to them.

The police will be shaken up and the government will declare war on the red shirt movement and probably round up all the leaders, and crush what is left.

I would imagine the movement will be officially outlawed as a terrorist organization, and the rest of them will run away and hide in the jungle.

Your mia noi's village will be safe from their intimidation.

I left the UK 2 years ago, after living there for most of my 50 years of life, apart from a year in Spain, you're having a laugh though, I've never been to Newcastle, heard it's got a good night life, but the Geordie lads I work with have never heard of that code of honour, not saying there isn't one, but I suspect it's &lt;deleted&gt;.

There's Gangs/neds in every single city across the UK. they don't do one on one, maybe you were lucky and seen bystanders go and help, shame they didn't bother their asses, when Lee Rigby was getting beaten an beheaded in broad daylight eh ;)

Scottish culture is indeed very different, Glaswegians and the East Coasters hate each other, but we'll have to agree to disagree, I've yet to see in the past 20 years of street fights, all over the UK, and the world, where the mob was set upon by bystanders.

I use the football violence as an example, as that's when these occurrences tend to happen, and after the pubs and clubs close.

Oh and as for the knives thing, you have to get caught carrying one to be jailed for it ;) There's plenty of delinquents who are tempting fate :D

Tell me something Pepper, if you seen a crowd of Thais beating another individual up, would you go and intervene? I have a feeling if you were with your wife, she'd tell you that it wasn't any of your business. ;) We can all talk a good fight and what we would do, but that's about it, many simply chose to walk away, oh and last year I seen a pack of Farang's beat up another Farang in Patong, and nobody did a thing till the cops came along and beat the lot of them.. Everyone just stood around and watched, me included (Told not to interfere by my good lady) and watched the spectacle of drunk farangs fight another drunk farang.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. ;)

There's been enough articles in UK papers where victims were beaten by mobs, whilst people didn't stop to help, there's even been articles of women being raped, and their cries for help were ignored.

• Like 1

Just BkdV0FTCcAI9IUG.jpg

Just watched Ch11 news report from a helicopter above the rally.They were warning people to use other roads as traffic had come to a complete standstill on the Phuthamonton bridge. The reporter said that many protesters were yet to reach the site because of this. A security advisor at the site said that more than 100,000 were already at the site.

614343.jpg

Those posting photos earlier in the day, and showing 2010 clips of the UDD paying 2,000 Baht for members who had provided transport for others, may be fooling yourselves, but anyone can see this is a huge rally.

• Like 1

Just BkdV0FTCcAI9IUG.jpg

Just watched Ch11 news report from a helicopter above the rally.They were warning people to use other roads as traffic had come to a complete standstill on the Phuthamonton bridge. The reporter said that many protesters were yet to reach the site because of this. A security advisor at the site said that more than 100,000 were already at the site.

614343.jpg

Those posting photos earlier in the day, and showing 2010 clips of the UDD paying 2,000 Baht for members who had provided transport for others, may be fooling yourselves, but anyone can see this is a huge rally.

Haven't heard or seen any helicopters over here all day, now night, long. Did hear some explosions for about 15 minutes that just ended. Don't know what they were.

Just BkdV0FTCcAI9IUG.jpg

614343.jpg

Does someone else notice that all the red " spots" in the picture are just that, red spots without a head or face, while the other colored shirts clearly can be seen to have a human head ?

Does someone else notice that all the red " spots" in the picture are just that, red spots without a head or face, while the other colored shirts clearly can be seen to have a human head ?

Umm, they are wearing red hats.

And some people call the reds brainless!

I asked him why

laugh.png I was thinking the same thing.. These people are morons.. Looks like something you would see in North Korea..

Been watching this circus on Asia Update of and on all day.

Why is Nattawut the main speaker in this rally? I thought Jatuporn was the head guy now?

I also had the understanding that govt ministers (even caretaker) were not allowed to speak at a gathering like this. Or is that an ISA thing that does not cover this area?