Sending movies tv shows to Australai

tlcwaterfall

Can anyone advise me of the best way for me to send tv shows and movies to my daughter in Australia.

I have used Dropbox before but she still has to download the shows once she accesses Drop box and bandwidth in Australia is expensive.

What do others do in this situation?

I have thought of just sending a usb stick to her every month or so but that means trips to the post office and relying on the Thai and Australian postal services. Enough said there.

Any informed and helpful replies are appreciated.

Pretty sure you have covered all rhe bases.

Send them physicaly = post

Send then digitally = upload download

Carrier bird, slingshot, submarine.

You could ask someone at the airport to tape some usb sticks to their body.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can't you just upload them on youtube and send the links to your daughter?

If it's not your content then maybe Youtube would take it down it and cancel your account.

You can get 32GB flash drives for less than 500 baht now so if the internet is too expensive then it's the way to go if you have tv series that need updating, and with the right sort of tv it's plug and play, no further downloading, copying or burning required by the receiver. A good quality hour tv show is about 350MB or about 1GB for best quality so anywhere from 25 to 100 shows depending on size and quality, all on one small flash drive.

• Like 1

Can't you just upload them on youtube and send the links to your daughter?

its the download issue in Australia. It does cost as there is no unlimited. It is all shaped after a certain limit

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Can't she get a high download internet package or even unlimited and download them herself . It will cost around $ 100 AUD per month ( i am using Optus - 120 +120 MB with land line phone for 70 AUD per month).There are a multitude of different packages. In addition she could also stream the shows too .

I am sure that she can buy these shows legally in Australia. Or watch them on TV. Sending illegally downloaded series or movies on physical media will be probably be intercepted by customs.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by sniffdog

I am sure that she can buy these shows legally in Australia. Or watch them on TV. Sending illegally downloaded series or movies on physical media will be probably be intercepted by customs.

laugh.png

There are ways around that: http://www.truecrypt.org/hiddenvolume

However they could be asked to pay import duty on the HDD (but that's something for another topic.thumbsup.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

you are really incredible. maybe you should come over to my house and arrest me for all my 'illegally downloaded' material. don't you have anything better to do than to make repeated petty complaints on TV about piracy? get a life!

coffee1.gif

Woof woof .. perhaps you should read the rules. But perhaps it comes as a shock that I have the right to post what I want without your permission. Now .... shutthef*ckup. And start using capitals. Where did you go to school?

Edited by sniffdog

Can anyone advise me of the best way for me to send tv shows and movies to my daughter in Australia.

I have used Dropbox before but she still has to download the shows once she accesses Drop box and bandwidth in Australia is expensive.

What do others do in this situation?

I have thought of just sending a usb stick to her every month or so but that means trips to the post office and relying on the Thai and Australian postal services. Enough said there.

Any informed and helpful replies are appreciated.

Does your daughter have an iPhone or iPad?

There's an app called "Thai Tunes" which has all the appropriate criteria required. Delayed by a few hours.

Bandwidth via telco on said iPhone or iPad could be the issue, IIRC, Optus via Boost has an unlimited download package for $A40 a month that should handle the requirements.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app