Gambler dies after shooting himself in testicles: Thai police

webfact

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey stupid.

This may have helped.

It's obviously a Home-made - locally-made pistol and therefore would have no Safety.

It also looks as though it takes a single Shotgun cartridge, which would probably obliterate the genitalia rather than simply "puncture" them.

Patrick

I don't know how you and "Wiggy" can believe that gun in the picture is home made. The parts are too close tolerences for a homemade gun. And as for it being a shotshell handgun, that is completely ludicrous.

How can one die from being shot in the nuts? I mean they aren't a vital organ ... err, well... sort of.

Yes, you can bleed to death from this. I'm a former army medic and I know this from training, not personal experience. The scrotum is very well supplied with blood vessels. If you were to cleanly cut somebody's nut-sack off, the severed ends might be able to clot over on their own and stop bleeding. A gunshot at close-range, OTOH, could shred so many blood vessels that the bleeding won't stop on its own and I'm willing to bet that even if this guy knew anything about first aid, which shockingly few Thais do, he'd still be unwilling to tie a tight tourniquet around it and call an ambulance straight away. Instead he waited, probably a long time, in hopes that it would stop bleeding on its own. By the time he realized he was bleeding to death and crawled from the bedroom asking for help, it was too late.

Hmmm - thanks for the information!

However since it's 8.00 pm here in Thailand and therefore I am about to go down to Dinner, it's rather more detail than I need right now.

Patrick

No thanks Somchai, I think I'll skip the "Rocky Mountain Oysters" tonight.

I know almost nothing about guns, but that one looks decidedly home-made. If people are able to make them themselves then there's not much hope.

nah man,it's an old Vietnam era .45 model 1911,looks homemade cause it's in bad condition,

but the 1911(113 years old and still going strong!) will blow a hole in a buffalo the size of a dinner plate,

never mind some silly sods majesticles...

made a of that didn't he?

him.

No sympathy here,stops him shooting some poor Farang over some imagined slight,as many have said.

(edit) my mistake ACTUALLY after a closer look someone was right,looks like a homemade one shot that's built to take a shotgun round(OUCH!),my initial cursory inspection made me think it was a Vietnam era .45 cause of the similar buttstock,and cause Thailand is absolutely swimming in them still.

Edited by QualityTouristNumberOne