TRT Targeted For Dissolution

Jai Dee

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just see things differently than most of y'all. I think George Bush has been a horrible president and done untold damage worldwide. However, I would not support a coup by Donald Rumsfeld and other US military personnel. Any prosecution of George Bush by this military overthrow I would see as invalid and insincere. I would not support a puppet regime put in place by this unelected mob.

Thus, it is with Thailand. If the despots that destroyed democracy in Thailand find it to their advantage they will concoct a prosecution of Thaksin. If it is not to their political advantage, they will not. They do not seek justice in any sense of the world, they seek only power. When a democratically elected government is in place it will be a wonderful time to consider prosecuting the previously elected government and the junta, not before.

ra261322178.jpg

Workers clean the doors to the People's Television (PTV) headquarters in Bangkok March 1, 2007.

Reuters

======================

I guess we can presume that this won't exactly be educational television.

Not if their depiction of global geography in their logo is any indication. :D:o:D

Edited by sriracha john

When a democratically elected government is in place it will be a wonderful time to consider prosecuting the previously elected government and the junta, not before.

That's not going to happen. The Junta, when they came up with the interim constitution gave themselves and any persons acting on their behalf immunity from prosecution for any acts prior to, during, or after the 19th September, providing that such acts were done with the approval of the council for democratic reform, or the chairperson of the council.

Otherwise known as section 37 of the Constitution of the kingdom of Thailand (Interim) BE 2549

copy can be found at:

http://www.senate.go.th/pdf/const.pdf

Part of which reads:

"If those acts are offenses under the laws then the person who commit those acts shall be entirely discharged from such offenses and liabilities."

If the despots that destroyed democracy in Thailand find it to their advantage they will concoct a prosecution of Thaksin. If it is not to their political advantage, they will not. They do not seek justice in any sense of the world, they seek only power.

Despots...destroyed democracy... seek only power... - where did you get all this stuff? Did you pick it off ASTV shows? They were talking about Thaksin, didn't you notice?

I mean, honestly, in what country ruled by despotic dictators any outfit like PTV would dare to make such a noise and threated to sue the dictators? What democracy was left there last September to destroy? What is the power that people like Prem and Sonthi are looking for? What power is Prem lacking? And Sonthi will retire in October, Surayud came back from peaceful retirement.

When a democratically elected government is in place it will be a wonderful time to consider prosecuting the previously elected government and the junta, not before.

Just a figment of imagination - like it or not but for many years to come any democratically elected government in Thailand will consist of exactly the people you hope will be prosecuted.

Well, if Hitler had been running the Nuremburg trials they would have been rather ineffective, wouldn't they?

If you study the history of the Nuremburg trials you would find that they were not as great a success as we think and that convictions had to be overturned because of torture etc.

I'll take your word for it regarding the Nuremburg trials. To watch Thaksin prosecute his political adversaries, or the junta prosecute their political adversaries in a court of "law" just all seems rather pointless and time-wasting.

I hope you are right. I hate seeing the same old faces in Thai politics taking turns raping the country. Hopefully a new generation of politicians like Apisit and Apirak won't let us down when they have their chances.

I remember this exact line about Chuan, 15 yrs ago!! ......yawn!

1- No broadcast license

2- No accredited reporters

3- No satellite slot.

4- No domain name, but a website hosted with Bravehost :o

See it here.

The Real Player content takes a while to load but you'll be treated to a propaganda video, soundrack by Carabao.

'' Yeah, we found free web hosting! :D ''

gallery_16522_431_7882.jpg

I see they' re not supporting Thai IT businesses...

Mailing Address:

Bravenet

P.O. Box 1722,

Parksville, BC,

Canada, V9P 2H5

Edited by Tony Clifton

Thaksin not needed in vote fraud hearing

(BangkokPost.com) - The Constitutional Court decided Tuesday not to call ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra as a witness in alleged electoral fraud case.

"It is not necessary to question him more," Judge Krairerk Sasemsant said. "Questioning him more will not get more facts. Prosecutors seeking the truth can get it from other witnesses."

Mr Thaksin and Thai Rak Thai executives were accused of bankrolling smaller parties to field candidates in the April 2 elections last year.

Mr Thaksin had submitted 10-page written testimony to the tribunal last month, saying that he had nothing to do with the bankrolling allegations.

TRT members earlier planned to ask the court's permission to allow Mr Thaksin to testify via video conference if he was to be called.

Prosecutors said they might appeal the court's decision not to call Mr Thaksin as a witness.

"Prosecutors will discuss further before deciding whether to follow the court's decision or ask for a review," prosecutor Attaphol Yaisawang said.

Ousted PM's affidavit to be published on TRT website

Thai Rak Thai will today make public the statements deposed prime minister and former party leader Thaksin Shinawatra and other party executives made to the party dissolution trial. Kuthep Saikrachang, of the Thai Rak Thai legal team, said the depositions of Mr Thaksin, acting party leader Chaturon Chaisaeng and other party executives, would appear on the party's website today. The Attorney-General's Office has accused Thai Rak Thai of bankrolling two smaller parties, Pattana Chart Thai and the Phaendin Thai, to run in the April 2 elections last year.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/12Mar2007_news10.php

Well lets see they are pleading their case to the court of public opinion, when they should be pleading their case to the court. I can see they are trying to put a positive spin on all of this.... however the only spin I can see resembles the spin I see in a toilet just before the chug chug chug sound.

This will compliment S.J,s post relating to the TRT website, along with T.C,s re Bravenet

B.Post today 13-03-07

Quote:-

INTERNET / OUSTED PM'S SPEECH VIDEO CLIPS

ICT looking at pro-Thaksin website's legality

ANUCHA CHAROENPO

The Ministry of Information and Communication Technology is examining the legality of a website which shows video clips of deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, including one where he makes comments on Thai politics and his life since the military coup on Sept 19.

Minister of Information and Communication Technology Sitthichai Pookaiyaudom said the ministry's legal experts had been ordered to probe the status of www.hi-thaksin.net.

Unquote.

PLease got to the following url for the full article:-

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/13Mar2007_news11.php

The last paragraph is sick and extracting the urine in the highest order.

How anyone can take his continued **** taking, in, beggars belief, the propaganda mouthpiece continues to cause unrest and contradicts once again his HONEST / DISHONEST INTENTIONS.

Thai Love Thai ( TRT ) sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Thoxin, We know what you really mean / meant.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

Wow he certainly seems to have drifted very far from his initial reason to defend himself against the new years eve bombs in Bangkok. I thought that was the only reason he wanted to speak up.

I can’t help but wonder how Thaksin’s legal mouth piece feels seeing that everything he says on Thaksin’s behalf turns out to be a lie. I guess his future is looking very bright now amongst his colleagues and the courts.

TRT allowed to put Thaksin's testimony online, Tribunal says

The Thai Rak Thai Party had the right to publish its former leader Thaksin Shinawatra's written testimony for the electoral fraud case against TRT on its website, and doing so would not affect the Constitution Tribunal's ruling on the case, Tribunal President Panya Thanomrod said yesterday.

"Whether publicising the testimony is suitable or not is up to individual views. It not against the law. If they want to do anything, it is their right. But I don't think it will affect the ruling and won't put any pressure on the tribunal," Panya said.

Thai Rak Thai Party has posted Thaksin's written testimony on its website (www.thairakthai.or.th).

In his testimony, Thaksin said if the Constitution Tribunal rules that the party should be dissolved, it would have a great impact on its 14 million members - and eventually the country.

"It will clearly have a heavy impact that we can't describe yet. While party members didn't acknowledge or become involved in any activities of the party executives, they will be politically executed - unfairly - if the party executives did nothing wrong, [despite being] accused, and the Constitution Tribunal orders the party to be dissolved," Thaksin wrote.

He said the country's reputation would also be affected as foreign countries and investors would not understand and would therefore lack trust in Thai politics.

The website also carries the testimonies of acting Thai Rak Thai leader Chaturon Chaisang and acting executives Prommin Lertsuridej and Pongthep Thepkanchana.

In Chaturon's written testimony, he claimed the Constitution Tribunal appointed by the coup makers should not be allowed to order a party dissolution as it wasn't a constitutional agency and was formed undemocratically.

Pongthep, a Thai Rak Thai executive and head of the party's legal defence, said yesterday Chaturon's statement that the tribunal had no right to rule on the case or order the party to be dissolved did not violate tribunal rules. Chaturon was simply defending the party's argument that the Constitution Court, which was authorised to rule on the case, was dissolved shortly after the coup last September.

Posting party figures' testimony on the website should not influence people's opinion, Pongthep claimed.

Attorney-General's representative Atthapol Yaisawang said it was up to the tribunal to consider whether publishing Thai Rak Thai party figures' testimonies online was appropriate.

Yesterday was the ninth hearing for the electoral fraud case against Thai Rak Thai, Thai Ground and Pattana Chart Thai parties.

The defendants' witnesses testifying yesterday included leader of Better Life Party Watwarit Tantipirom, Election Commission investigator Ruthapol Naowarat, Thai Rak Thai MP candidate Tawee Surabarn and Trang local newspaper editor Budsayamas Klinpetch.

The witnesses formerly testified before the Tribunal in the electoral fraud case against the Democrat and Progressive Democratic parties.

Source: The Nation - 14 March 2007

I don’t think this is much of an issue, the Thais that are smart enough will see it for what it is. The Thais that are not smart enough more than likely don’t have an Internet connection and get their news from other methods.

I also seem to note that They complain about everyone else but cry foul when things don’t go their way and they get caught.

Pro-Thaksin site is okay: CNS

The Council for National Security (CNS) has no concerns about a pro-Thaksin Shina-watra website campaigning against the current administration and figures investigating corruption allegations against the former prime minister.

CNS chairman General Sonthi Boonyaratglin said yesterday the hi-thaksin.net site caused him no concern He had not visited it.

The council's deputy chairman, ACM Chalit Phukpasuk, said there was no need for the CNS to create a new website to counter the pro-Thaksin one.

CNS spokesman Colonel Sensern Kaewkamnerd said Sonthi told yesterday's meeting that he expected the government to take necessary action against any move to fuel social division.

source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/03/14...cs_30029254.php

ICT Ministry blocks pro-Thaksin website

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable - if you are in Thailand and that page is www.hi-thaksin.net .

The Information and Communication Ministry managed to block a pro-Thaksin website yesterday evening after beating web operators trying to sidestep them. The operators tried to restore the site at night, but could only put back on the web a link to a video clip of deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra greeting his supporters. The site is

http://www.hi-thaksin.net

The Council for National Security (CNS) yesterday ordered the ICT to crack down on the website if the clip and other pro-Thaksin content were deemed to spark divisions in society. The website was reportedly produced by zealous supporters of Mr Thaksin. "We always listen to all sides except for the old power, which intends to cause social division," said CNS spokesman Col Sansern Kaewkamnerd.

Full story: http://www.bangkokpost.net/topstories/tops...s.php?id=117409

Hi-thaksin.net

The whole thing is nauseating. Pictures of him crawling in front of you know who.

A video clip of him criticizing the lottery fund and foreign student programs. "Enough is enough" " No, no,no" He's doing politics again. That clip is exclusive to that self-promoting website only.

Edited by Tony Clifton

TRT to lodge complaint over ASTV

A Thai Rak Thai member will file a complaint Thursday with the Crime Suppression Division and state security agencies against PM's Office Minister Thirapat Serirangsan and the head of the Public Relations Department (PRD) for allowing ASTV to broadcast on Channel 11.

TRT member Surapong Towijakchaikul claimed Wednesday that Thirapat and PRD directorgeneral Pramote Ratvinij broke the law by allowing ASTV, part of Thai Day Dot Com Company, and Sondhi Limthongkul's Manager Group, to air programmes on Channel 11.

ASTV withdrew its programme from Channel 11 on February 28.

Surapong said he would hand a letter to the Crime Suppression Division, the National Counter Corruption Commission and the Assets Examination Committee, asking them to probe whether Thirapat and Pramote were negligent in their duty and whether they conspired to break the law.

The Nation

My gosh what a bunch of crying and whining we have going on here. Just because they can’t launch their own tv station. I can hear it now.....Yes sir we are going to march right on down to the PRD and bitch and complain that we are being treated unfairly because they are forcing us to follow the law.

TRT's actions look more and more like a panic-stricken and drowning swimmer who will bring under anyone else along with him.

I disagree Tony. What you say is based on survival, the TRT is motivated by greed and arrogance. They can easily move on to something else.

Ex-Senate VP says former PM interfered with work of Senate

Former Vice President of the Senate Nipon Wisityuthasart (นิพนธ์ วิสิษฐยุทธศาสตร์) says he is the first witness to declare that deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra intervened in the Senate’s decision to appoint people to work for independent entities.

Today (Mar 15), the Constitution Tribunal is considering the political party dissolution case. The tribunal has summoned three witnesses who were involved with the Democrat Party’s accusation that Pol. Lt. Col. Thaksin interfered with the Senate’s work. One of the witnesses is Mr. Nipon. He says he will testify before the tribunal that Pol. Lt. Col. Thaksin influenced the Senate to appoint inappropriate figures to work for independent entities.

Radio announcer and columnist Sophon Ongkarn, another witness, says he was badly treated by former Prime Minister Thaksin because he criticized his government on radio. Mr. Sophon says he had never been intervened by the authority before Pol. Lt. Col. Thaksin took charge of the government.

The third witness today, Mr. Jermsak Pinthong, and he is currently on his way to the Constitution Tribunal.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 15 March 2007

Well this is certainly wonderful news for Thaksin. So what would result from this if he is found guilty?

Yesterday was the hearing of the defendants' witnesses in the electoral fraud case against the Democrat and Progressive Democratic parties.

Among the witnesses were former deputy Senate speaker Nipon Wisityuthasart and Nation Multimedia Group senior editor Sopon Onkgara. They testified on how the Thaksin government interfered in independent agencies and the media, as alleged by the Democrats.

Former senator Chirmsak Pinthong was also scheduled to testify yesterday but could not attend. He has already submitted written testimony.

Taken from: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/03/16...cs_30029419.php