Suthep woos Justice officials

webfact

Suthep has thankfully dropped the ridiculous narrative that has managed to so successfully take the focus off the Yingluck administration, and is now back on message with something that all can relate to - and that is the intimidation that the judicial process has suffered under Pheu Thai. That is why these officials are smiling - that this issue is finally being addressed. If you witnessed every law of jurisprudence being broken - up close and personal, with intimations to judges and judicial rulings - wouldn't you smile, too - at a movement that is dedicated towards the recognition and respect of the judicial agencies ? If you're going to judge a man who smiles, be prepared to live in his shoes for a day. Or perhaps for two and a half years, and see what that's like.

In two weeks, when the Constitutional Court gives its verdict, we'll see how quickly Pheu Thai, Thaksin and his lawyers, and the UDD - come to the defense of the judiciary. We'll see how quickly they do that, won't we ?

And if the verdict comes back innocent you will be here with a grovelling apology, or suddenly the judiciary has been paid off no? which one?

If the verdict comes in as guilty will you come back with an apology for doubting that the government and the PM would try to break the laws of Thailand?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suthep has thankfully dropped the ridiculous narrative that has managed to so successfully take the focus off the Yingluck administration, and is now back on message with something that all can relate to - and that is the intimidation that the judicial process has suffered under Pheu Thai. That is why these officials are smiling - that this issue is finally being addressed. If you witnessed every law of jurisprudence being broken - up close and personal, with intimations to judges and judicial rulings - wouldn't you smile, too - at a movement that is dedicated towards the recognition and respect of the judicial agencies ? If you're going to judge a man who smiles, be prepared to live in his shoes for a day. Or perhaps for two and a half years, and see what that's like.

In two weeks, when the Constitutional Court gives its verdict, we'll see how quickly Pheu Thai, Thaksin and his lawyers, and the UDD - come to the defense of the judiciary. We'll see how quickly they do that, won't we ?

And if the verdict comes back innocent you will be here with a grovelling apology, or suddenly the judiciary has been paid off no? which one?

If the verdict comes in as guilty will you come back with an apology for doubting that the government and the PM would try to break the laws of Thailand?

No, i have said repeatedly i am sure they are guilty so it would be no surprise. My wish would be that any sentence or ruling would set as a precedent to penalize all those that have carried out criminal activity in the past and those who will do it in the future- but i think you would be naive to think this would happen. .

I wish you twits would stop with this 'Sutep and everyone else in the world is just as corrupt as the Shins and they just want to get their noses back in the trough' line of bullshit, it was old and lame about 3 seconds after it started and is clearly just the red sheeple way of trying to deride any anti Shin people because they really can not defend the indefencible actions of the fugitive and his family and cronies....

I wish you twits would stop with this 'Sutep and everyone else in the world is just as corrupt as the Shins and they just want to get their noses back in the trough' line of bullshit, it was old and lame about 3 seconds after it started and is clearly just the red sheeple way of trying to deride any anti Shin people because they really can not defend the indefencible actions of the fugitive and his family and cronies....

ah but bleeting is what they do best sir baaaaaaaa......

How can a known corrupt guy with murder charge still free talk and walk around and disrupt the live of the people in the capital city?

I thought he told the court that he was too busy to attend the court hearing on his own murder charge?

• Like 2

The big question is, what did he promised them, money , a job or both ?

noticed how he ... actually talked to them.... AND had lunch. its called COMMUNICATION.

unlike THaksin and HIS puppet sister (who has done more damage for womens rights than any woman alive or dead) They dont talk or communicate. she orders, demands, and instigates with a hand up her ass.

How can a known corrupt guy with murder charge still free talk and walk around and disrupt the live of the people in the capital city?

I thought he told the court that he was too busy to attend the court hearing on his own murder charge?

yep, he said several time now... he will fight those charges when thaksins reign is over. so pretty much, he has past the point of no return. an if it was me i would say the same thing. do you even know what going on???? what about thaksins MURDER charges when HE MURDERED truck loads of muslims when he went to the south. oh.. my bad.. that was an accident. i forgot. well they didnt. you do understand that the violence in the south Exploded when he did that..

i was hired to weed out the corruption in a certain company. and if i would have stopped and did things officially. the company would never rid the theft of higher ups. after i did my job. they gave me a title of director. .. and i resigned. so yep, there are people out there that just want to see bad guys burn. i honestly enjoy watching thier precious children enter poverty.

How can a known corrupt gov and leader still run the country? Or for that matter how can a known convicted criminal in Dubai advise a corrupt gov?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

where is your proof?

yep, he said several time now... he will fight those charges when thaksins reign is over. so pretty much, he has past the point of no return. an if it was me i would say the same thing. do you even know what going on???? what about thaksins MURDER charges when HE MURDERED truck loads of muslims when he went to the south. oh.. my bad.. that was an accident. i forgot. well they didnt. you do understand that the violence in the south Exploded when he did that..

i was hired to weed out the corruption in a certain company. and if i would have stopped and did things officially. the company would never rid the theft of higher ups. after i did my job. they gave me a title of director. .. and i resigned. so yep, there are people out there that just want to see bad guys burn. i honestly enjoy watching thier precious children enter poverty.

I think there was more like a war going on at that time and after there was not too much bombing like there is NOW>

OK so what you are saying is that you would rather have a man wanted for murder and has no time to go to court to face the charges but has tim to take pictures and want to be a dictator and supreem lord of Thailand. Thats what you want?????

• Like 1

"Permanent secretary Kittipong Kittayarak welcomed Suthep's group with open arms and provided rooms to discuss political reform"

Of course they would.

They are all buddies....

This Kittipong Kittayarak advocated strongly for the resignation of an elected Prime Minister.

The media on one hand keeps trying to "Normalize the abnormal" by the way they characterize these judicial people. But unwittingly support the abnormality by speaking of an "..open arms welcome" and positively characterizing a guy seeking to eliminate Democracy in favour of a "Civilian Dictatorship"....Even complimentary Photo's.

That is called "being complicitous".

The only political reform they should have been talking about, is how the DP will reform itself to create competitive elections and a balance of power in Parliament, going forward.

Only a real lawyer would use the term "being complicitous", right Bobby?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Suthep is more corrupt than Thaksin ever was/is.

Thaksin made his money in a private business, Suthep is a career politician who has used his positions to plunder himself a fortune.

Why has there only been one dubious conviction for Thaksin if he has been so corrupt?

Are the courts incompetent?

If the establishment could find anything to pin on Thaksin they would do so without hesitation - but there is nothing so the one lonely unjust conviction is all that stands between Thaksin and a clean record.

Suthep on the other hand has multiple charges pending but as he doesn't bother attending court he has yet to meet his fate and pay his dues for his corrupt life.

• Like 2

I swear, Thai politics is enough to make a nihilist out of anyone. Here, a man with numerous warrants on his head strolls into the Ministry of Justice and is treated like a visiting dignitary. Can you imagine how this must look to the international community? A real head-scratcher. If it weren't for the violence and the prospect for future violence, the story line for this ongoing malaise would make the best existentialist novel in ages. The appropriate title: "Waiting for Suthep"

About the same as when Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit visited Mr Thaksin in Hong Kong to thank him for his promotion. Or when Surapong went to hand-deliver a new passport to Thaksin. Or when government ministers are on the same stage as others who advocate secession. Etc etc.

Thaksin made his money in a private business, Suthep is a career politician who has used his positions to plunder himself a fortune.

Why has there only been one dubious conviction for Thaksin if he has been so corrupt?

If the establishment could find anything to pin on Thaksin they would do so without hesitation - but there is nothing so the one lonely unjust conviction is all that stands between Thaksin and a clean record.

Suthep on the other hand has multiple charges pending but as he doesn't bother attending court he has yet to meet his fate and pay his dues for his corrupt life.

Please remind us how many pending corruption charges Suthep has?

Where is your proof?

How can you possibly say Mandela and Suthep in the same breath. They are totally different in every way.

Djjamie defined the many current similarites between Mandela & Suthep a few posts ago. Please expand on your theme and list all the "differences in every way" that you say exist. No sweeping statements please. Give examples or don't bother to post rubbish.

How much are you paid for re-writing Thai history

To suit PTP

How much are you paid for re-writing Thai history

To suit PTP

Are you quoting the right posts??? Seems you should quote torkmada.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The reform needs to start in the courts. Political bias is rife & they have lost all credibility.

The perception of bias in the judiciary certainly needs dealing with although I'm not sure it's as biased as is claimed. One post recently claimed that

Even with the biased court system in their pocket, this hopeless mob has barely secured a handful of convictions for anything in nearly 10 years of trying.

Doesn't strike me as being that biased really. There have been several cases recently where the courts haven't backed Suthep or the Democrats so I'm not sure about this bias at all but if there is any then it needs to be tackled. That doesn't mean that Shin family members should be drafted in to balance things up.

The DSI needs looking at as well since it seems less than useless but more importantly it's protected the army from any investigation into the deaths in 2010 and Tarit himself whilst trying to secure convictions against Abhisit and Suthep because the army didn't obey orders.

There also needs to be reform to tackle the nepotism and the apparent influencing of the government by Thaksin and anyone else on either side who attempts this.

This is what is needed and it's difficult to see how this can be done after an election whichever side wins although one without a majority might be able to do it.

How can a man refusing to attend court to face murder charges be "welcomed with open arms" by the senior civil servant in the justice ministry?

Everything means something, until it means nothing, at present Sutheps own questionable behaviour and the Irony of meeting the justice ministry will be lost on 99% of the population.

Thainesssss whistling.gif

Is there a Thai version of the Hatch Act? If not, then public officials should be free to meet with any citizen under any circumstance. Even with the Hatch Act, an American citizen has the right to approach government officials in their place of work and request information, assistance, and even request that action be taken within the relevant agencies purview. What is Suthep doing that is fundamentally different?

Well, he is essentially telling them to work for him and his movement rather than the legally constituted government. Goes a tad beyond the provisions of the "Hatch Act" wouldn't you say?