Beach Road promenade "after"

toenail

The Beach Rd promenade is (almost?) completed-- new street lights placed along the new lane, the benches (few) were finally installed, and the city "officials" were abe to make more money renting out stall space during the Music Festival since the the new lane was occupied with rented night stalls (as predicted) and the wide promenade enabled more stalls to be set up. Question: Where does the money go from these rented stalls? (I should not ask since I am not Thai; and if I was Thai, I would be afraid of the Thai mafia.)

What I see now which will be a eye sore are these steel shaped dolphins being placed along the edge of the promenade along Beach Road. (see across from Amari Hotel) For me, it looks ugly and I can only guess how they will be rusted and knocked down within 2 years. Who thinks of such trash? (Looks like something a 10 year old would think of.) And what a waste of money. I would like to see my tax money and the city tax I spend in Pattaya be spent on fixing the pot holes or sidewalks instead of these silly Disneyland Dolphins.

Please Mr. Sunshine out there, tell me how they are a postive factor in making the walkway more attracive.

• Like 2

Question: Where does the money go from these rented stalls?

It is charitably donated to the Pattaya Mafia Benevolent Society for the aid and comfort of its needy members.

What I see now which will be a eye sore are these steel shaped dolphins being placed along the edge of the promenade along Beach Road. (see across from Amari Hotel) For me, it looks ugly and I can only guess how they will be rusted and knocked down within 2 years.

What's the point of playing Urban Art Critic in a city such as Pattaya? You want aesthetics, move to Florence. Get with the program and stop trying to pee in the cesspool.

I would like to see my tax money and the city tax I spend in Pattaya be spent on fixing the pot holes or sidewalks instead of these silly Disneyland Dolphins.

We've never, ever cared about potholes here except to repair repeatedly as little make-work earners.

Sidewalks? You must be joking. Wrong country, pal.

But there is that 735 million baht parking lot. And there are the 5 new overpasses. Maybe that vast amount of tax you've personally paid is going into those. Would that do?

The truth is out.

The chopping down of hundreds of old hardwood shade trees along the beach was not for increasing traffic flow.

They chopped down the trees so someone at City Hall could flatten out the promenade and lease it out.

The beach, the sidewalks, the street and now the walkway are being exploited for profit.

Very Thai.

• Like 2

The truth is out.

The chopping down of hundreds of old hardwood shade trees along the beach was not for increasing traffic flow.

They chopped down the trees so someone at City Hall could flatten out the promenade and lease it out.

The beach, the sidewalks, the street and now the walkway are being exploited for profit.

Very Thai.

Wake up. There's no "truth is out." Everybody always knew it was for making more room for the festivals AND increasing the traffic flow during them and otherwise as well. And that's exactly what happened. Not saying it's perfect, but the traffic situation on Beach Rd. had become intolerable esp during the festivals, so on balance it's turned out well.

City Hall likes the festivals but enough tourists and Thais esp do also--that's why they make money. Most of us residents understandably hate them.

The truth is out.

Very Thai.

Wake up. There's no "truth is out." Everybody always knew it was for making more room for the festivals AND increasing the traffic flow during them and otherwise as well. And that's exactly what happened. Not saying it's perfect, but the traffic situation on Beach Rd. had become intolerable esp during the festivals, so on balance it's turned out well.

City Hall likes the festivals but enough tourists and Thais esp do also--that's why they make money. Most of us residents understandably hate them.

How does setting tents up on the road increase traffic flow?

What a moron.

A group of shameless bastards cut all those old trees down so they could stuff their greedy pockets.

The greatest idea since the Mayors father turned a forest preserve into a garbage dump.

How does setting tents up on the road increase traffic flow?

'Cause there's an extra lane for doing it now. But even if you can't figure that out, then there's just the proof in the pudding. Flow IS a lot better.

What a moron.

U?

A group of shameless bastards cut all those old trees down so they could stuff their greedy pockets.

The greatest idea since the Mayors father turned a forest preserve into a garbage dump.

Yawn. Knock yourself out.

Edited by JSixpack