Nose job!

baneko

As for baldness. That really isnt peoples fault. Weight can be controlled although in later life can be difficult for some.

I know and accept all that but what's your point?

I'm not suggesting that aesthetics figure in every woman's choice of partner. The "short, fat, bald" comment was meant to illustrate why, based on a description that fits an awful lot of Western men in Thailand, it's unlikely that any Thai women grow up fantasizing about them.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife used to pinch up her nose and ask me what I think - meaning if she had a more ridged nose with more of a point.

I reassure her that her nose is actually quite nice, and it really is IMO. She can sense I am being genuine and that makes her happy.

If you've got a lady showing signs of succumbing to social engineering and marketing, give her a big, warm hug and pay her a compliment.

Nice one, Dr Ruth.

Tell her that whilst she may be unattractive to other younger men her own age to an old guy like you she is perfect..... a good cook who keeps the house clean and is easily satisfied in bed.

That should keep any woman happy. whistling.gif

As for baldness. That really isnt peoples fault. Weight can be controlled although in later life can be difficult for some.

I'm not suggesting that aesthetics figure in every woman's choice of partner. The "short, fat, bald" comment was meant to illustrate why, based on a description that fits an awful lot of Western men in Thailand, it's unlikely that any Thai women grow up fantasizing about them.

My point is your saying the majority of farangs in Thailand are like you described. Not true.

Go to KSR, Samui etc. Young good looking lads all over. Many looking for thai girls.

Again calling people short is not their fault.

Obviously many thai ladies like thais. They use the same language, food and religion.

So why do the thai ladies want a farang hooter if they have no interest in them?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My wife used to pinch up her nose and ask me what I think - meaning if she had a more ridged nose with more of a point.

I reassure her that her nose is actually quite nice, and it really is IMO. She can sense I am being genuine and that makes her happy.

If you've got a lady showing signs of succumbing to social engineering and marketing, give her a big, warm hug and pay her a compliment.

Nice one, Dr Ruth.

Tell her that whilst she may be unattractive to other younger men her own age to an old guy like you she is perfect..... a good cook who keeps the house clean and is easily satisfied in bed.

How would you know that?

So why do the thai ladies want a farang hooter if they have no interest in them?

Stupid comment; that's like saying that white women who get lip fillers are interested in black people, isn't it?

• Like 2

Stupid comment; that's like saying that white women who get lip fillers are interested in black people, isn't it?

Haha. Good reply. No they would probably want to change the colour of their skin first.

Nice one, Dr Ruth.

How would you know that?

Erm...... I have a friend who told me. thumbsup.gif

Edited by bigbamboo

but if she put socks in her bra and asks if you think she should get breast enlargements you should say "no of course not, i don't like big boobs"... but use a less convincing tone of voice so she's gets the hint

Nice one, Dr Ruth.

How would you know that?

Erm...... I have a friend who told me. thumbsup.gif

Glad you edited that, the rest was probably as dumb as your original offering.

Scratch that... not dumb. Your comment certainly has a well worn place in Thailand's farang/thai relationship realm, it's just that in this case:

Indeed, my Mrs is attractive to Thai men, even without a nose/chin/boob job, which I thought was the point of this thread.

I'm not old or fat, at least not yet.

My wife is a staggering 2 years my junior.

She does, however, keep a clean house and prepares excellent farang and thai food. It would be impolite of me to comment on the other aspect but since you've been so dead on accurate up to now, I'll just leave it there.

but if she put socks in her bra and asks if you think she should get breast enlargements you should say "no of course not, i don't like big boobs"... but use a less convincing tone of voice so she's gets the hint

She's got just enough to keep my interest up (pun intended).

I always picture an Aunt in my family who had it done long ago. She's in her late 60's now. Nuff said. sick.gif

• Like 1

Sadly, Thai women don't give much of a toss what farang men think of their beauty preferences

Why would they when, for the overwhelming majority, farang men are and always will be the last resort?

Far more important that they look as attractive as possible to the men they prefer . . . Thai men

That's not altogether correct. I'm aware of numerous women in the tourist orientated entertainment industry who have undergone rhinoplasty and vaginoplasty especially to attract more non-Thai patrons.

How do you know they've undergone those procedures just to attract more non-Thais?

Let me guess; they told you, right?

Anyway, my post clearly says "the overwhelming majority".

I realise that a lot of TV posters really do think all Thai women want a Western man in preference to a normal, workingThai guy who speaks their language, shares their culture but they should open their eyes outside the bar scene and dating sites.

"Anyway, my post clearly says "the overwhelming majority"."

Because all Thais or all women or especially "the overwhelming majority" of Thai women think in lock step and you know how they think because: "Let me guess; they told you, right?"

Reducing what any group of people think, or why they think it, to your opinion of what the overwhelming majority must be thinking is at best at statistical implausibility as well as a condescending and offensive exercise, especially since you arrived at these conclusions while astride an especially high horse.

I would love for you to stand before a randomly selected group of women of any nationality and then to proceed to tell them what and why they think in a certain way about any subject ... based on your bar stool wisdom.

Of course, pontificating here at TV is a great deal safer, physically and intellectually.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm sure there's a point of some description in there.

Obviously, I haven't conducted a survey of every Thai female's preferences but there are certain assumptions that are safe to make.

One of these is that women in any country where the language is by and large exclusive to that country will usually tend to have a preference for men who share that language and the culture of that country.

In contrast, because English is spoken all over the world, it would be daft to say that the "overwhelming majority" of English women have an innate preference for English men because an awful lot of them like Mediterranean men, a lot like black men, a lot like Middle Eastern and lot like them all.

Now go away and compose a diatribe about something you can actually base a coherent argument on.

• Like 1

55Jay......

cheesy.gif

With your irony by pass you MUST be an American!

Bigbamboo..... are you attempting to cast aspersions to distract me?

Nobody died, all good fun. I did enjoy the Dr. Ruth barb. I vish I vas dat gooten.

Have a good one. cowboy.gif

Obviously, I haven't conducted a survey of every Thai female's preferences but there are certain assumptions that are safe to make.

One of these is that women in any country where the language is by and large exclusive to that country will usually tend to have a preference for men who share that language and the culture of that country.

In contrast, because English is spoken all over the world, it would be daft to say that the "overwhelming majority" of English women have an innate preference for English men because an awful lot of them like Mediterranean men, a lot like black men, a lot like Middle Eastern and lot like them all.

Now go away and compose a diatribe about something you can actually base a coherent argument on.

We are talking about thailand. Can you tell us where else thai is spoken?

But that's the point . . . it ISN'T spoken anywhere else (with the exception of a few border areas in Laos and Cambodia).

That's why it is reasonable to assume that the majority of Thai women will have a clear and undeniable preference for the Thai men that they can COMMUNICATE with.

Obviously, some of these Thai women aren't considered desirable by good Thai men or have kids too early or whatever . . . . and then non-Thais are a viable alternative

If there was a huge preference for Western men, the level of English or other languages spoken in this country would be far, far higher than they are.

The fact is that there isn't so it isn't . . .

Feel free to argue with that if you wish but while you're at it, try to convince us all that rain isn't wet

Sadly, Thai women don't give much of a toss what farang men think of their beauty preferences

Why would they when, for the overwhelming majority, farang men are and always will be the last resort?

Far more important that they look as attractive as possible to the men they prefer . . . Thai men

That's not altogether correct. I'm aware of numerous women in the tourist orientated entertainment industry who have undergone rhinoplasty and vaginoplasty especially to attract more non-Thai patrons.

How do you know they've undergone those procedures just to attract more non-Thais?

Let me guess; they told you, right?

Anyway, my post clearly says "the overwhelming majority".

I realise that a lot of TV posters really do think all Thai women want a Western man in preference to a normal, workingThai guy who speaks their language, shares their culture but they should open their eyes outside the bar scene and dating sites.

My cousins had nose job and boobs job. Farang men lined up to get with them after the nose and boobs jobs were done.

Edited by Somsrisonphimai

Most Thai woman have the same cheap Nosejob made in Thailand. I call them "the 7/11 Nose".

Those who wants and can pay for a good looking Nosejob travel to Seoul for this these days.

Edited by Mentors
  • Like 1

Many Chinese women get their eyes rounded etc but they want to marry a Chinese man. It's just what they think is beautiful. The grass is greener thingy.

Some Thai girls I have met think the Chinese ideal of small eyes and small mouth is wonderful. I like big eyes and full mouth with nasty lips. There was even a Chinese beauty contest in Pattaya that anyone could enter but they meant small eyes and small mouth would be the ideal they were looking for. Mai kao jai!

But that's the point . . . it ISN'T spoken anywhere else (with the exception of a few border areas in Laos and Cambodia).

That's why it is reasonable to assume that the majority of Thai women will have a clear and undeniable preference for the Thai men that they can COMMUNICATE with.

Obviously, some of these Thai women aren't considered desirable by good Thai men or have kids too early or whatever . . . . and then non-Thais are a viable alternative

If there was a huge preference for Western men, the level of English or other languages spoken in this country would be far, far higher than they are.

Feel free to argue with that if you wish but while you're at it, try to convince us all that rain isn't wet

You've convinced me. I'll never look at my wife, two minor wives and two giks in the same way again, now that I know they really prefer Thai men.

They chose me just because they couldn't do any better. They probably jump into the sack, with Thai men, behind my back on a daily basis.

Stuff it, I'm sad. I think I may go and jump off a Pattaya condo's balcony.

• Like 2

Some Thai women will be happier with Thai men. Some wont. Some will like farangs because they like farangs.

If you adapt a little to Thai culture Thai women will like you more. If you stick completely to European values they will find it hard to adapt. Its a meet in the middle.

Many Thai ladies like a farang because they can be more caring than Thai men. Obviously this is not true in all cases. Its a personal preference. The same as I like Asian women over farang.

Not everyone is the same. John loved Yoko. Maybe because the Asian view on life was different.

Remember your generalisation about small (not their fault), bald (not their fault), fat (maybe their fault). I am none of these and have a loving Thai wife and kids.

Maybe you got turned over by an ex and thats why your bitter.

Bitter??

Bitter over what?

Check any of my posts. I've never been on here lamenting or bitching about Thai women (or any women for that matter).

I've never been hosed financially or emotionally, never been tapped for money and never bought/built a house for a Thai woman.

My dealings with women here in the kingdom have been smooth, uneventful and drama-free.

I'm just acknowledging that as a Westerner who doesn't speak Thai, the waters I fish in this country are tiny compared to those trawled by the Thai guys.

• Like 1

Bitter??

Bitter over what?

Check any of my posts. I've never been on here lamenting or bitching about Thai women (or any women for that matter).

I've never been hosed financially or emotionally, never been tapped for money and never bought/built a house for a Thai woman.

My dealings with women here in the kingdom have been smooth, uneventful and drama-free.

I'm just acknowledging that as a Westerner who doesn't speak Thai, the waters I fish in this country are tiny compared to those trawled by the Thai guys.

So what do you do with yout day?