90 day report change?

Went on Tuesday to samut prakan for 90 day report and was surprised to see the next date to report is not 90 days but just over 30. Did ask why and she said the next date cannot be over the date when my extension runs out, so they are now both on the same day. Although she said it has always been like this it's the first time in 8 years they have done it. Actually it will save a visit but you could end up having the next date stamped just a few days before the extension date. You certainly live and learn at immigration. How early can you do a 90 days report as I like to get the extension done early, leaving to the last day is not a good idea.

Sorry sounds like an official making up the rules as they like to do. Have not seen anything on Thaivisa about this rule change and in Chiang Mai a few months ago a lady tried to do her 90 day report 45 days in advance and was told no

The explanation given by immigration is nonsense, There is no new rule and what immigration proposes would probably require a change of the law.

But some immigration offices like to have the 90 day report in sync with the 1 year extension to make things easier.

The explanation given by immigration is nonsense, There is no new rule and what immigration proposes would probably require a change of the law.

But some immigration offices like to have the 90 day report in sync with the 1 year extension to make things easier.

Up here in Khon Kaen they like to keep it in sync.

Have been doing it for a few years

Funny thing is they never have done it before, I can see it may not lead to confusion about a 90 day report date not being the same as the extension date, they always have messages about this at SP on the electronic sign board. I'd rather go to SP than CW though, good service, but the office is far too small for them.

Edited by sms747

Up here in Khon Kaen they like to keep it in sync.

Have been doing it for a few years

Same in Udon

Went yesterday to Chonburi immigration, the officer stamped the usual 90 days and put a red marker with a pencil on it for me to renew my extension, as it runs out before the 90 days.

90 days is part of the immigration law, nothing to do with the permit to stay. The officer actually reminded me about the two being separate before giving me my passport back. Good service.

I had a NEXT 90 report date penciled in to match my visa expiration but with the comment it would be changed to be the actual 90 day date when the visa was renewed. I would rather have had them make the 90 day reporting date as 90 days out as renewing the visa also verified my address.

My guess is they have had too many expats not thinking and trying to use the 90 day report date as an excuse for being late on visa extension.