E85 Fuel in Thailand

I would find some use for My GPS if i could download E85 Fuel Stations. Easier to find Rocking Horse Shit when on Tour here.. are any Lists about yet. ?

Maybe in about 5yrs there will be enough cars on the road that use E85 and the petrol

stations will stock it.

If you go on a long Hi way run cruzin at 3000 RPM the difference between E20 and E85 isnt worth a mention. In a City for an hour or so E85 drops at least 3.5 KPL.. As for Performance i still hit my test road marker at 120 KPH. and the best fuel makes no difference. Strange, but perhaps the ECU sorts that out. Cant complain, it does save money ,and i enjoy a good moan mostdays.biggrin.png

To get the most out of E85 you need bigger injectors and remap the ECU, AVO Turbo in Sattaheep have done a few of these, but they report consumption of up to 30% more with E85.

I started using E20 with no modifications and found the engine runs smoother than before with a lot more noticeable power, the mileage has improved as well on trips.

30% on a Converted old car perhaps, but not so with a O.E. Car..Just done 800Klics on E85,very good too, id say 15 % max down on E20.coffee1.gif

Have you had the larger injectors put in to take advantage of the higher octane, this is when it uses a lot more even in new cars, the age of a motor doesn't change physics

My findings are first hand from a 1,8 Civic Navi , modify and Warrantee invalid. All I can say is performance is neither increased or decreased by Flexi Fuel. KPL only drops a bit on E85.As iv said earlier, the expensive stuff gains one Sod All. In fact it feels less CRISP.thumbsup.gif

Just taken a look. Average Speed 50.2 KPH. Average Fuel. 14.9 KPL. 786 K.M Distance. 1 Passenger. little luggage, So at 22Bht P.L. its not bad...So thats my findings for those interested in Honda..thumbsup.gif

From Honda.com

Can I use E85 fuel in my Honda vehicle?

No. E85 is a fuel being promoted by some other vehicle manufacturers. No current Honda products are compatible with E85. Refer to the owner's manual for gasoline requirements.

If this is the case in Thailand, using E85 would void the warranty

Jeez there's always some EXPERT. Go into any Honda Showroom. Place Glasses firmly on Nose, find a New CIVIC Navi walk to the Rear. Thats the Bit with NO HEADLIGHTS, and read the Green Sign on the window. E85. Honda Environment Technology. Open the Filler, Oh Dear there another Sticker E85. E 20. Gasohols ect ....Failing that Phone any Honda Thailand Sales.w00t.gifthumbsup.gif

For Crystal Black Pearl add 8K, not bad unless Blind Bazz says different. Just looked up Honda Web, it confirms my Joe Public findings. Dont believe all you read on the Web . AC/DC aint finished either. Now thats more important than E85.biggrin.png

For Crystal Black Pearl add 8K, not bad unless Blind Bazz says different. Just looked up Honda Web, it confirms my Joe Public findings. Dont believe all you read on the Web . AC/DC aint finished either. Now thats more important than E85.biggrin.png

Yes they are more important, I looked at the Thai site and found no mention of fuels, a search for that model and e85 and found this link http://owners.honda.com/help/faqs

I dont want to own a Honda now or ever really, so no reason for me to go to the showroom.

So Shut Up seems Fair Comment. I've Posted My Facts and are Totally Correct for us Mere Mortals, who enjoy everyday cars. I Miss You Point. Are You trying to put down someone..??. That Link is Junk...... HONDA CARS THAILAND gives the TRUE FACTS. Everyone Here Can read it.thumbsup.gif .

To get the most out of E85 you need bigger injectors and remap the ECU, AVO Turbo in Sattaheep have done a few of these, but they report consumption of up to 30% more with E85.

I started using E20 with no modifications and found the engine runs smoother than before with a lot more noticeable power, the mileage has improved as well on trips.

I recently switched to E85 in my Mitsu Evo 6.....for any sort of modifed turbo car it's awesome. But hard to find so make sure you find the stations near you before making a switch.

The following upgrade were done on my car to support E85 -

standard 500cc injectors were upgraded to 1000cc

Walbro 400 liter per hour fuel pump upgraded to E85 compatible 450 liter per hour Walbro pump

new E85 compatible fuel lines

full ECU remap.

I'd say 30% is a very conservative report on increased consumption! In all honesty it uses probably twice as much as regular gas so ends up costing exactly the same on a performance car. Main reason for using it though is the high octane rating of around 100-115 ron meaning more timing can be added in the tuning.

On the dyno my Evo made around 520hp at the wheels (approx. 610bhp at the engine).....it's a lot of fun smile.png

post-203080-0-06594300-1398441369_thumb.

post-203080-0-77069700-1398441493_thumb.

Edited by rallytech
  • Like 1