Bangkok's Chaeng Wattana protest site rocked by bombs

webfact

Chaengwattana protest site rocked by bombs

M79-chaengwattana-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The protest site of the anti-government protesters on Chaengwattana road was struck by a M79 grenade and a firecracker bomb late Thursday night, causing injury to a security guard.

One M79 grenade landed behind the CAT Telecom head office which is near the protest site.

Security guards rushed to inspect the scene along with troops.

They found that the grenade hit the net which the security guards tied to prevent grenade attack at the protest site and fell on the floor and exploded.

Guards said it was fortunate that the grenade was stopped by the preventive net before exploding, thus causing slight damage and injury.

The injured guard was admitted to Mongkhutklao hospital for treatment.

EOD police were called in to inspect the scene before midnight.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chaengwattana-protest-site-rocked-bombs/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-11

Guard wounded in grenade attack at PDRC Chaeng Wattana rally site
By Digital Content

1397183158738.jpg

BANGKOK, April 11 -- A volunteer security guard for the anti-government protesters was wounded in an M-79 grenade attack at the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) rally site at Chaeng Wattana last night.

The Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) unit, police from Forensic Science Office and Thung Song Hong subdistrict have inspected the scene which was attacked at around 11pm last night.

Investigators said the grenade ripped through the tent and exploded inside as anti-government protesters stayed during the night.

Fragments were found scattered around the site and police believed it was an M-79 grenade.

The victim was identified as Yuthanan Songthong, 25, a PDRC guard. He was wounded on his torso and leg and was sent to Mongkut Wattana General Hospital.

The witnesses said they heard the explosion at around 11pm and believed that the M-79 was launched from the outbound side of Chaeng Wattana Road, near the CAT Telecom office. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-04-11

They just love blowing themselves up, bunch of fascist thugs whistling.gif

Obviously a symbiotic relationship, the protestors want to blow themselves up, but can't.

So the red terrorists throw grenades at them, every single day !

• Like 1

And when do they want to finish their idiocy and go home from this empty rally site which is plenty of guards and weapons.

Many times I had to drive there, and always was up set about big circle in government center area for NOTHING. Why do they keep this place? Are they waiting for papa suthep's coming back?

Makes me laugh when people are being bombed and shot at on a nightly basis, some farang comes out to whinge that his drive is slightly inconvenienced by the protests.

If you can't handle Thailand, I suggest you get out.

Get out, where to? Looking at the avatar, I think living in Argentina, the nation synonymous for peace and democracy became a little boring on Loles safe way to work.

And when do they want to finish their idiocy and go home from this empty rally site which is plenty of guards and weapons.

Many times I had to drive there, and always was up set about big circle in government center area for NOTHING. Why do they keep this place? Are they waiting for papa suthep's coming back?

they waiting for more handouts and like to hear more fairytales

Edited by Mentors
  • Like 2

Forget the little skirmishes concentrate on the war. Two groups of elites are playing musical chairs and when 'the music stops' the group sitting in the chair will run Thailand for the next 30-35 years. Then repeat.

• Like 1

They just love blowing themselves up, bunch of fascist thugs whistling.gif

Obviously a symbiotic relationship, the protestors want to blow themselves up, but can't.

So the red terrorists throw grenades at them, every single day !

Do your parents know that you are on an adults forum????

Seems your hatred is born out of your selfishness. Typical. That is why a lot of the red shirts are too, just because they want to go on milking money from the rest of the country. Why not keep your nose out of things that have nothing to do with you and drive a different way since you know they are there ? Simple solution.

Of course another way to assure attacks stop happening at the Chaeng Wattana Government Center is stop the PDRC 6-month long occupation and let the appropriate law enforcement authorities patrol the area. But then If Phra Buddha Isara will have to go back to his temple and become once again an ordinary monk, not a PDRC hero.

• Like 2

Now can someone tell me , i don't seem to understand ,the red shirts support the government ,YES , the are poor farmers ,Yes ,they Grow ,RICE yes ,they give it to the government, they don't get paid ,WHY DO THEY Support THE GOVERNMENT ,there leaders ,drive around top end cars ,have jets ,live in nice houses ,why do they do IT ?

Now can someone tell me , i don't seem to understand ,the red shirts support the government ,YES , the are poor farmers ,Yes ,they Grow ,RICE yes ,they give it to the government, they don't get paid ,WHY DO THEY Support THE GOVERNMENT ,there leaders ,drive around top end cars ,have jets ,live in nice houses ,why do they do IT ?

Because the opposition & their backers have been screwing them for a thousand years

• Like 1

Because the opposition & their backers have been screwing them for a thousand years

"A thousand years' - you have been told a million times - don't exaggerate.

• Like 1

Yeah, can't they go play on the lawn? What's the point of interfering with the lives and livelyhood of people who just happen to live in the area or have to pass through to get to work, shopping etc.

There's room enough in front of the building for their needs, why block the damn street.

I was happy when I heard a few weeks ago that Suthep was going to dismantle the protest sites, except this one I guess.

I've been going past that site regularly and in the past 3-4 weeks it's nothing but a pile of tires, sandbags, a few guards and a couple rows of street vendor booths.

Oh, I guess the were also playing reruns of speeches on TV's and over the PA.

I doubt they're making many friends in the area with their roadblock.

Makes me laugh when people are being bombed and shot at on a nightly basis, some farang comes out to whinge that his drive is slightly inconvenienced by the protests.

"A thousand years' - you have been told a million times - don't exaggerate.

Yes, don't exaggerate. If the brief telling according to Thai history is any indication, it's probably much longer than a mere thousand.

"drive is slightly inconvenienced by the protests"

Man you are out of your mind.

Get out, where to? Looking at the avatar, I think living in Argentina, the nation synonymous for peace and democracy became a little boring on Loles safe way to work.

something like that Marx (or Engels, or Moritz, whatever).