Aftermarket exhaust for small displacement sportbike in Thailand

A1Str8

I would like to ask those who are knowledgeable to elaborate.

I am looking for an aftermarket exhaust, that is not loud but makes a nice deep rumbling sound.

The bike is a cbr250r and a ninja300.

Any suggestions are welcome including brand etc.

P.s.: please don't tell me that with a small displacement bike it's not possible to get that sound because I know for a fact that it's not true. I just don't know which exhaust to choose.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Met a guy who had a genuine Yoshimura on his cbr that sounded really nice, not excessively loud.

When I'm feeling fruity I put an HMF slipon I imported on my own cbr. It's noisier but works a treat even without the optimiser.

I was just looking for something also for my ninja300 so I'll keep checking this one, also there are many fake yosi's and aka's, are they ok? or complete crap?

Must say that some 250-300 sound indeed pretty good but many also crap which makes it difficult to chose

Why would you want your bike to make more noise?

Is that just to deliberately irritate people.

Please enlighten me.

Edit: Read the OP's message incorrectly so ignore my "rant".

Edited by rhodie

Please enlighten me.

Read the OP again then maybe you will spot the "not loud".

I stand corrected. Just don't see as well as I used to! :)

• Like 2

Update: Yoshimura beats the rest. Sounds better and not too loud.

As for the Chinese copy exhausts, I checked them out too but don't recommend them. Chinese stuff just sucks.

-Ride till the wheels fall off-

Please enlighten me.

Ignoring your edit.

Because it is safer. Other road users are more aware of you.

In the land of pull across a highway and out of junctions without looking, this can be important.

Please enlighten me.

Ignoring your edit.

In the land of pull across a highway and out of junctions without looking, this can be important.

But if the other driver is in a truck or car then they still cannot hear you.

I saw a Devil slip-on for a Kawasaki it was 13,000. The shop is on Ratchapreuk road in Nontaburi? just north of the klong bridge after the underpass. A small shop on the east or left side going north. Do the first U turn and come back.

Remember, modifying a bike is illegal in Thailand and the cops in Pattaya or elsewhere would love to write you a 1000baht ticket.

I was pulled over on my Raider on Sukumvit.

It is a bit noisy, but the exhaust is stock.

"Yes sir. 100% original."

Cop not happy. 5 5 5

Please enlighten me.

Ignoring your edit.

But if the other driver is in a truck or car then they still cannot hear you.

How to respond to such a stupid post, I'm just not sure. ermm.gif

It is.

Cops especially like to ticket for modified exhaust systems.

What the brown mafia like to use to gouge money out of the people they're supposed to be serving and what is illegal or not has very little in common.

It is not illegal to modify a bike in Thailand.

It depends on what modifications are done to the bike. There are noise and emition limits amongst other regulations. Many of those small loud-as-fsck scooters young thai guys like to ride are in fact illegal to drive on public roads.

If you remove the baffle (db killer) from an exhaust, chances are you exceed that limit.

What is important is that you get all modifications apart from really minor ones registered into your green book plus the parts have to be certified by Thai authorities. If you go to Honda Bigwing for example, they will happily sell you exhaust systems from Akrapovic, Mugen or Moriwaki. They will enter those modifications into your green book and you will not have to pay a fine.

The copy versions that you can get are most certainly not certified so those *might* get you a fine, depending on where you live.

It is.

What the brown mafia like to use to gouge money out of the people they're supposed to be serving and what is illegal or not has very little in common.

It's illegal to have an exhaust system that hasn't past the emissions test.

One company local company, perhaps it's DBS, has made an aftermarket pipe for the old gen ninja 250 and CBR250 (I think) that has the TIS stamp on it to show that it has past the emissions test and is fully legal to use.

I think they're about 7k baht so the OP may be interested in it.

It is.

Wong!:

Please enlighten use as to how you know this is true.

I am not a Thai lawyer but know of several Thai & falang who have been cited for illegal mods.

Seems as if the cops were 100% ad hoc then I would have bee cited as described in my #15 post.

Maybe a new thread is called for.

Edited by papa al

Lol you are still arguing about whether it's legal or not.

If you must know, it goes like this: modifications that passed the official tests and are up to safety standards are not illegal. When such mods are made and such parts are installed you get a certificate that proves the legal nature of that part whatever that is. There is even a sticker they put on street legal exhausts so they can be recognized by authorities.

Xoxo

It is.

Wong!:

Please enlighten use as to how you know this is true.

I am not a Thai lawyer but know of several Thai & falang who have been cited for illegal mods.

Seems as if the cops were 100% ad hoc then I would have bee cited as described in my #15 post.

Maybe a new thread is called for.

There are legal mods and illegal mods.

Is that simple enough for your peanut to comprehend?

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Did you made a choice already? last week I let them mount a Yoshimura, clone. I was at the K-speed shop rama two and there was a guy who arrived the same time with me with that exhaust. As it sounded ok (abit loud bit not bad) I asked him which one it was.

only 6.500 B

same time I let them take off the rear fender (i know, smart move before rainy season :) and some after market rear signal lights, total 8000 b, not too bad imopost-153901-13992065311873_thumb.jpg