Do you see yourself the way others see you?

farang000999

There are a seemingly unlimited number of posts on Thai Visa lamenting that the vast majority of farang in Thailand are pathetic losers,etc. But it is clear that those making these comments do not put themselves in the same category.

So if you were to interview 20 Thai Visa users each one would probably tell you that the other 19 are losers... but they are not a loser... even though the other 19 would disagree with their assessment.

Just some food for thought.

"Do you see yourself the way others see you?"

No, I see myself backwards - but that may be because I have to use a mirror.

I don't know anyone well enough on TV to call them a loser - and I've been here (on TV) since 2003. I know several people on TV in the real world, but none are losers - well one is, but then most would agree with that assessment too if they knew him.

//Edit: Knew

Edited by wolf5370

It astounds me that some people are arrogant enough that they think they know somebody from comments they post on an open forum based on anonymity and have the ability to classify them from their comments.

Truly amazing...................sad.png

There will NEVER be the occaision when someone sees you the way you see yourself, because

In astrolgical terms:

We have a sun sign

We have an ascendant sign,

we have a moon sign,

the interaction of these 3 dominate our lives, as does the remaining planets and their effects

We see ourselves as the sun signs that we are, while others see only our ascending signs, so we wonder why people do not understand our intent

they cannot see our intent because they see only the delivery and not the substance, because, they can not; tjhey are too wrapped up in their own multi facted ever changing psyche, and may not have time to massage you with who you really are.

It astounds me that some people are arrogant enough that they think they know somebody from comments they post on an open forum based on anonymity and have the ability to classify them from their comments.

Truly amazing...................sad.png

There are people on this forum who make such daft, disagreeable or unbalanced statements that it can be readily interpreted that they are not people I wish to meet in person. I don't think they are losers, I have no idea with regards to how successful their life may be, how they measure their life or if they measure their life in terms of being a looser or not at all...

.... some posters make it very easy to pass judgement... Some make it easy to pass a positive judgement, some make it easy to pass negative judgement.

Its difficult to remain completely indifferent when reading some comments which are generally better ignored.... is it arrogant? I don't think so, its simply just another opinion.

I am a loser amongst many other losers, so I feel right at home.

How can anyone who is kind to animals, and well read, be a loser? wai.gif

Especially when the animals are crocodiles and the reading material is Hustler Magazine whistling.gif So sorry, I'll get my hat ...

Edited by Dap

I know I must appear strange to many Thais. I am older but appear younger than a Thai my age. I am kang lang muk muk and have a 90 year old mother and 92 year old father. I often walk up to 8 km. I have traveled the world extensively. I buy strange items like a vacuum cleaner and paint. I spend a lot of my time fixing my house. I am very kind to children. Why would a foreigner chose a Thai woman when foreign women are so much whiter ? I take a big birthday cake to my Thai daughters school to share with the daughters class. I give big tips to all and sundry. I pay fair wages sometimes triple Thai wages. Oh I am very strange alright.

Some Thais like me. Some Thais distrust me. A few Thais think I am a strange and unpredictable alien and worthy of being taken advantage of. Many Thai women seem very interested in me.

Geez, I ways thought that with enough sarcasm, self-deprecation and a generous dollop of irony one could get away with 'most anything.

Picking up the check once in a while helps, as well.

PS Let's put a little more effort into tipping the Thais, shall we ;-?

They put on a damned fine show, don't they ?

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "