Army chief asks 'Ko Tee' to surrender

Lite Beer

LESE MAJESTY
Army chief asks 'Ko Tee' to surrender
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Criminal Court approves request for arrest warrant of fiery red shirt

The Criminal Court yesterday granted a police request to issue an arrest warrant for a red-shirt leader accused of lese majeste, as the Army chief called on him to turn himself in or he would find it difficult to stay in Thailand.

Police earlier yesterday sought to issue a warrant for the arrest of Wuthipong Kotthamma-khun, also known as Ko Tee, who is accused of insulting the monarchy in an interview given to a Swedish journalist during a red-shirt rally in early February.

A video clip showing him giving the interview has gone viral. The government's Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) said its examination of the clip found that Ko Tee's interview might have violated the lese majeste law in Article 112 of the Penal Code.

Police yesterday were hunting for Ko Tee and were trying to reach the Swedish journalist for more details about the interview, said Pol Maj-General Naraboon Naenna, acting commander of the Crime Suppression Division. He said a police team of more than 30 investigators were dealing with this case.

General Prayuth Chan-ocha, commander-in-chief of the Royal Thai Army, yesterday said Ko Tee drew widespread hatred for insulting the monarchy.

"If he does not surrender to fight the legal case, he will find it difficult to stay here. He won't be allowed to harm the monarchy; it's tantamount to hurting the feelings of the Thai people all over the country," Prayuth said.

"The Thai people should [consider] if his behaviour is proper. If it is not, should he stay somewhere else? I don't know. I don't want to expel him," he added.

The Army chief also said he wondered why Ko Tee was so daring in what he had done. When asked if he thought there were some people behind Ko Tee's alleged moves against the monarchy, Prayuth said the media should find out about that.

"You have reported that certain individuals are looking after him. You have to check that out. The Army is looking into this matter," he said.

On Thursday, Ko Tee told a Nation News Agency reporter over the phone he was in an unspecified foreign country. He insisted he was not fleeing the law but was on business. Ko Tee said he would fight the allegation of lese majeste and claimed the video clip was doctored to frame him.

Meanwhile, Phra Buddha Issara, a leader of the anti-government movement, yesterday filed a complaint with two police stations against Ko Tee - at Bangkok's Don Muang police station and at Khu Khot police station in Pathum Thani. He gave police seven days to take action otherwise he and other protesters would return to police stations.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-12

• Like 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sure Ko Tee will simply rush to comply with the request.

Yesterday it was stated that Immigration Police were confident he was still in the country as he hadn't passed through any immigration checkpoint ?

Does this mean that the national boundaries are actually watertight ? giggle.gif

This case is straight out of the BIB / DSI handbook and the section which says ' tell suspects and wanted people exactly what you intend to do well in advance. "

Finally Gen. Prayuth says the army will look into suggestions that Ko Tee is being looked after by certain individuals but may I suggest this aspect isn't exactly a military matter but TIT and organisations like the military can do as they like.

• Like 1

What did he say?

Basically he said a certain person is behind Suthep and pulling his strings. That person is running the show and trying to overthrow the government, Suthep is just his front.

Edited by chooka

I think it will be much more fun with Ko Tee at large shooting his mouth off.

Sooner or later he will realise that his "side" has tossed him to the wolves and will speak volumes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What did he say?

Basically he said a certain person is behind Suthep and pulling his strings. That person is running the show and trying to overthrow the government, Suthep is just his front.

Probably in the know

Don't think he will be surendering any time soon, and for sure some one will be looking for that reward looks like you are %$#&ED Ko-Tee....................whistling.gif

Maybe if they begged him to surrender, or better still.....pay him to surrender, their chances of apprehending might increase.

What did he say?

Man, you really need help!

He's beyond help, it is a fatal case of Redshirtitis! If he were an Animal he would be put down!

What did he say?

He's beyond help, it is a fatal case of Redshirtitis! If he were an Animal he would be put down!

If not liking this Ko Tee character or the red shirts how does that make me a red shirt? Seems a little silly really

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What did he say?

Probably in the know

I think this is pretty common knowledge, at least among the people I talk with, including who all is involved.

Suthep has a lot of backing.

I've said a few times here, Suthep is just a bulldog on a leash.

Did you ever notice how a dog on a leash is never afraid because he is under his master's control?

• Like 1

Don't think he will be surendering any time soon, and for sure some one will be looking for that reward looks like you are %$#&ED Ko-Tee....................whistling.gif

Maybe if they begged him to surrender, or better still.....pay him to surrender, their chances of apprehending might increase.

Pay him to surrender next week.

What did he say?

Probably in the know

I think this is pretty common knowledge, at least among the people I talk with, including who all is involved.

Suthep has a lot of backing.

I've said a few times here, Suthep is just a bulldog on a leash.

Did you ever notice how a dog on a leash is never afraid because he is under his master's control?

We know who Yingluck's master is but who is Suthep's?

Do tell.

The Army Chief Prayuth said, "The Army is looking into this matter.." The case with Ko Tee is a criminal Court matter and not a military matter. Once again the Army rushes to involve itself in civilian matters beyond its authority. I wouldn't be surprised that the Army will start using its resouces to find and capture Ko Tee. The whole Thai military structure needs to be reined in and its authority restructured so as not to compete with civilian due process of law. No wonder Thailand is so vulernable to military coups to settle its political conflicts. However, I have never heard any such reforms being proposed by Suthep and the PDRC who usually toss out reforms across the political sea of Thai governance.

• Like 2

If not liking this Ko Tee character or the red shirts how does that make me a red shirt? Seems a little silly really

Ah so your a turn coat? you seemed to be a red shirt judging from most of your posts? What changed your mind?

• Like 1

Police commandos search Ko Tee's home and radio station, man not found

BANGKOK, 12 April 2014 (NNT) – Police commandos conducted a search of pro-government hardline figure Wutthipong "Ko Tee" Kachathamkul's home and radio station on Friday evening but were unable to find the man wanted under lese majeste charge.

The searches of the residence and the 'Red Guard' radio station in Pathumthani were led by Crime Suppression Division deputy commander, Pol. Col. Akkharadet Phimonsi, after the court had issued a warrant for the suspect.

Center for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) chief adviser Surapong Towichakchaikul indicated that arresting Ko Tee was considered an urgent matter, and added that he was unworried about the man fleeing out of the country, as extraditions can be arranged.

Army chief Prayut Chan-ocha said on Friday that the suspect would have a hard time staying in Thailand if he did not turn himself in and undergo the judicial process, as society was already directing its anger at him.

Photos of Mr Wutthiphong have reportedly been posted at many border immigration checkpoints, including Chong Sa-ngam in Si Sa Ket province adjacent to Cambodia, in an attempt to prevent the suspect from fleeing to neighboring countries.

Ko Tee is facing an allegation of lese majeste in accordance with Section 112 of the Criminal Code after referring to the monarchy in a manner deemed insulting to the highest institution, in his interview with foreign press.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-12 footer_n.gif

While he is asking how about popping down to lumpiini and asking the great peoples medium to come down the station for a chat on those pesky murder charges.

Why do you have a need to try and subvert every single damn news item by twisting it to be something about Suthep ? Are you in love with him or something ? Does this article have anything whatsoever to do with him ?

This article is about Ko Tee, the criminal red thug on the run who wants to kill people saying bad things about the people who we are not allowed to talk about thus proving that the reds have a strong anti monarchist 'faction' and thus proving that some of what the PDRC have said about the red shirts IS true. The same has been said about Thaksin himself, as to whether that is true or not is not for me to say.

This is why there is an arrest warrant out and the only reason. Thaksin / PT / UDD - whatever - have no problem with his violent tendencies whatsoever as long as he is killing the children of their opponents and his threats scare off some potential protestors, but his recent comments crossed a line they realize even they should not dare to cross. Naturally Thaksin wants to try and distance himself as best he can as this shines a bad light on those accusations against him too.

Will Ko Tee turn himself in ? Unlikely, even if Thaksin phones him personally and demands it, I doubt he would obey.

• Like 1

Commando police hunt Kotee

4-12-2014-12-45-25-PM1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

PATHUMTHANI: -- Commando police searched the 105.65 MHz Redguard community radio station in Thanyaburi district of Pathumthani province this morning in a hunt for the hardcore redshirt leader Wuthipong Kochathammakun, alias Kotee, but he was not in.

The Crime Suppression Division (CSD) commandos brought with them the arrest warrant issued by the Thanyaburi Court to show to the station staff of Kotee in the search of his community radio station.

Only three commando police were permitted by his staff to enter the station to search.

Meanwhile another group of heavily-armed police also went to his house at Klong 4 in Tambon Ladsawai of Lamluka district but could not find him.

Kitee is wanted for making inflammatory statement to the Monarch in a press interview given to a foreign media. The media interview clip was later posted on the Internet and widely shared in the social world.

The military was enraged by the clip prompting caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to order the national police chief to make arrest and bring him to trial immediately.

But Kotee denied the less majeste charge saying the clip was edited.

He was upset for the action of the caretaker prime minister with complaint comparing the arrest to an ancient phrase which says ‘Slaughter the oxen after finishing the ploughing, and kill the commanding general after winning the battle.’

Kites vowed not to give up and was ready to die.

He said he was ready to surrender himself only when the People’s Democratic Reform Committee leader Suthep Thaugsuban is also arrested for his declaration of sovereign which is a serious charge and is tantamount to staging a revolution.
He said he was unfairly treated.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/commando-police-hunt-kotee/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=commando-police-hunt-kotee

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-12