Baby found abandoned in Phuket pickup

Lite Beer

Baby found abandoned in Phuket pickup
Phuket Gazette -

1_2014411171737558_jyPPDnGjTkdqtotrosMxk

The healthy newborn, with umbilical cord still attached, weighed 3.2kg. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: Police are searching for the mother of a newborn baby boy found abandoned in the bed of a pickup truck in front of a luxury Phuket resort last night.

The baby is healthy and is being cared for at Vachira Phuket Hospital, said Wichit Police Deputy Superintendent Jakkawat Boontaweekulsawat.

Hotel staffer Anchalee Singsoon, 39, discovered the infant in the back of her pickup truck after she arrived for work at the Dream Sea Pool Villa resort at about 10:30pm.

“I parked in front of the resort, and I hadn’t gotten very far when I heard a lot of dogs barking at my truck,” she said.

“I went back to see what was up and I was shocked to see a baby in the bed of my pickup.”

The baby, wrapped in a towel and placed inside a black garbage bag, weighed about 3.2kg and still had his umbilical cord attached, said Lt Col Jakkawat.

“We are checking CCTV cameras in the area,” he said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Baby-found-abandoned-Phuket-pickup/29121#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-04-11

Wish him all the luck in future, but I cannot help thinking what would drive a mother to do this, and I am sure she is in need of help both medically and mentally I hope she finds the help she needs and soon. wai.gif

was the baby in the car before she got to hotel if so why look at cameras in hotel area or did someone put baby in car when she pulled up at hotel storey is confusing

Well if they look at the cameras in the hotel area it will help them answer your question as to whether the baby was already there or not wont it?

• Like 1

Not a good start in life. He was found alive and is now safe, he is now better off than with a mother that would abandon him. I hope the rest of his life will trend in such a positive direction, he certainly deserves it.

• Like 2

A program that allowed unwanted babies to be dropped off with no questions asked at Police Stations, Fire Station, Hospitals, and then put up for adoption, including international adoption would help.

• Like 2

This disturbs me more than any other kind of news story. How could anyone abandon such a helpless creature. It's possible the mother got pregnant from a farang on holiday who abandoned her and she might be homeless and broke but still, I don't get how she could abandon her own baby. There are other options.

This disturbs me more than any other kind of news story. How could anyone abandon such a helpless creature. It's possible the mother got pregnant from a farang on holiday who abandoned her and she might be homeless and broke but still, I don't get how she could abandon her own baby. There are other options.

agree cmd.but look at the towel large cotton bath and a large plastic bag.

hotels maybe?

• Like 1