Your weirdest first date experience?

celso

I had an odd one today.

I met a girl recently in a department store, shes 25, we talked on facebook and agreed to meet today. Nothing fancy, just starbucks.

We meet, I order a drink and ask what she wants. She shakes her head. Ok.. maybe she wants to pay for herself, no worries.

I get my drink and notice she didn't order anything, getting a little strange now. Maybe she'll get something later.

I head over to an empty table for us to sit, but she grabs my arm and leads me away.

Before I have a chance to think what is going on, we're around the corner at a table and she's presenting me to her 'mother sister'. She has a chaperone! Mid 30's looking woman, and they both have drinks already.

So I'm sat at a table in starbucks opposite the two of them, talking to the girl, while the mother-sister is sat there awkwardly looking but not wanting to talk. After 15 creepy minutes trying to make the best of it, I give up, peace out, and get out of there. Too strange.

Anyone had anything like this, or other weird first dates?

I also had one where the girl took about 20 photos of us at dinner, plastering them all over facebook before I had even got home.

• Like 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest assured you are the oddest one I have read today too!!

How old are you for this to be your first time?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm 26, been here a year. Been out with plenty of girls, none of them brought their aunt along, I definitely don't think it is normal even in Thailand. I guess the moral is don't go to starbucks for dates!

Edited by celso
  • Like 1

I'm 26, been here a year. Been out with plenty of girls, none of them brought their aunt along, I definitely don't think it is normal even in Thailand.

In the OP you said it was the Mother/sister, not the Aunt.

So which one was it?

Get the story straight!

I'm 26, been here a year. Been out with plenty of girls, none of them brought their aunt along, I definitely don't think it is normal even in Thailand.

So which one was it?

Get the story straight!

Dear David48,

"mother-sister" is not a real English word.

I am assuming that she meant aunt.

Anyway glad yours went better than mine. Now I think, she did say she was from the northeast somewhere, not Bangkok. Maybe its more normal up there. Personally im impressed that I lasted 15 minutes!

Edited by celso

There are so many, so I will just pick one from memory.

In my earlier years in Thailand I was seeing this ABAC student, kind of like a gig, but before the term gig was main-stream in Thai language.

One day she called me to ask if I was at home and if she could come over. Sure I was at home. An hour later her and her aunt came over, all dressed in black. They were on their way to a family funeral, but it was just before the ABAC girls period and she needed some action. I went upstairs with the ABAC girl while the aunt settled in an watched TV in the living room. After a couple of hours we came downstairs again, straightened out the black dress and off they went to the family funeral.

The aunt was just a couple of years older than the ABAC girl and years later I also befriended her.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

A couple of years back i met a girl on TLL and she ended up sending me naked pics - I finally got to meet her a couple of months back when I moved to an area closer to her. I met her near her house, I was in my car and followed her to her house. She invited me in and then I asked if she would show me around - when we went into her bedroom, she reached behind her pillow on her bed and grabbed a purple rabbit vibrator and kissed the business end of it and then put it back!!!!

Wow I thought, its going to be a good night! However, she said she had to go to work in the morning and asked me to leave shortly after that... how did that happen I still wonder... I just can't read the signals with these girls, guess she was happy with the rabbit and wanted to show me.

• Like 2

David48, on 12 Apr 2014 - 19:58, said:David48, on 12 Apr 2014 - 19:58, said:
celso, on 12 Apr 2014 - 19:53, said:celso, on 12 Apr 2014 - 19:53, said:

So which one was it?

Get the story straight!

David, you must be a recent arrival, mother/sister ( also said as sister/mother)is the Thai way of saying sister of my mother, in other words aunty. It seems you need to get it right, before commenting on others.

Edited by Rorri
  • Like 2

So which one was it?

Get the story straight!

It was most likely her mother's sister. aunt.

I was always chaperoned for the first month by mother and he vietnamese worker. After the first month it was ok. Now after 3 years together and one year married I ask them to come with us virtually everywhere because they are great company. You will find all good girls will do this. But if you want to meet a girl first time by herself then head to a bar. That usually works.

Rest assured you are the oddest one I have read today too!!

How old are you for this to be your first time?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm 26, been here a year. Been out with plenty of girls, none of them brought their aunt along, I definitely don't think it is normal even in Thailand. I guess the moral is don't go to starbucks for dates!

A chaporoned date in Thailand is very normal. You're the one that's not normal. Loosen up and enjoy experiencing another aspect of Thai culture.

Recall chatting online with a gal that i invited to dinner. she asked me where. cited a decent thai place. her reply is she could not leave her place. as a test after a few minutes i messaged her saying goodnite and i decided to go for japanese food rather than thai. she then miraculously was eager to join me and no problem leaving her place. if she had been a bit brighter she'd have not suddenly did a 360 and show her true colors.

online all i can say is although there are some decent gals, a high % are in the "parasite-host" business. i'd say their friends and relatives may want to join them to size up your atm potential and get a free meal. proficiency in thai language will filter/stop a high % of these gals since they no longer perceive you as a soft target.

many so called dates are dependent on your agreeing to pay for them and guests. one thing you will notice is when you spend time with better quality people ie; decent career/ work / own car / international education / upscale family it become increasingly more difficult for you to pickup the tab routinely if at all.

• Like 1