What brought you back to Thailand after the first trip?

kimbathewhitelion

I came back to see a girl i met, didn't work out, but I can honestly say I have never been with a bargirl, but I have been with many beautiful girls. If you look in the right place, you can find them.....I love Thailand, it has some faults, but compared to the UK it's paradise...this is my home, and I'm happy here.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. warm water where I can swim all year round

2. having a relatively cheap drink at a bar with friends every night

those beautiful cute bodies available everywhere

lack of thought police trying to control all aspects of life.

refer to number 3

cheap living, good food

refer to number 3

1. warm water where I can swim all year round
  2. having a relatively cheap drink at a bar with friends every night
  3. those beautiful cute bodies available everywhere
  4. lack of thought police trying to control all aspects of life.
  5. refer to number 3
  6. cheap living, good food
  7. refer to number 3

\

What city are you describing?

I came back to see a girl i met, didn't work out, but I can honestly say I have never been with a bargirl, but I have been with many beautiful girls. If you look in the right place, you can find them.....I love Thailand, it has some faults, but compared to the UK it's paradise...this is my home, and I'm happy here.

Nigel why would you think anyone would believe you (the bar girl part) or care? I feel sorry for you. Some day you will die and look at all the women you missed. Some of the most beautiful and nicest women in the world are Thai Bar girls.

It is not a good thing Nigel. It's not a thing to brag about. I had a hi so Thai guy ask to marry one of my daughters and he told me he had never been with a bar girl. I choked on my beer. Almost got sick.

• Like 1

I first came to Thailand in 1968 with the US Air Force and was stationed at a small radar site in Mukdahan. I fell in love with the country, the culture and the people (and the girls). Went back to the United States but always yearned to come back to Thailand. After marriage to two Falang women (never again) I met a wonderful Thai woman at a Buddhist Temple in Florida and have been back to Thailand three times in the last last 5 years. We have purchased two farms and built a house in Isaan and helped her daughter build a restaurant. The family has become self sustaining now and no longer asks for money. We plan to move permanently when my 94 year old father no longer needs me in the U.S. (yes, I learned from the Thais the importance of taking care of your parents). I love life in our small Isaan village and spend everyday I am in Thailand with a big smile on my face (spent five months last year). Life is good.

• Like 1

I first came to Thailand in 1968 with the US Air Force and was stationed at a small radar site in Mukdahan. I fell in love with the country, the culture and the people (and the girls). Went back to the United States but always yearned to come back to Thailand. After marriage to two Falang women (never again) I met a wonderful Thai woman at a Buddhist Temple in Florida and have been back to Thailand three times in the last last 5 years. We have purchased two farms and built a house in Isaan and helped her daughter build a restaurant. The family has become self sustaining now and no longer asks for money. We plan to move permanently when my 94 year old father no longer needs me in the U.S. (yes, I learned from the Thais the importance of taking care of your parents). I love life in our small Isaan village and spend everyday I am in Thailand with a big smile on my face (spent five months last year). Life is good.

Rico,

I have heard many bad things about Isaan mostly here n TV,

But I also just read the history of Thailand yesterday and learned about the movements of theThai's back and forth across ever changing borders over a 3,000 year period, so I am asking this question,

whats life like there, and, can you ride a scooter without getting killed, and,

does it look like the rest of Thailand, Chaing Mai, and areas outside downtown Bkk?

and is the ages of the people mostly higher?

Liked this answer the best because you really understand the essence of the beautiful Thai culture. I see so many posts about Farangs resenting being asked for money for family members. But that is part of the Thai definition of love. If you want to have a successful relationship with a Thai women embrace her family. She will return your love and respect for her family many times over.

Nigel why would you think anyone would believe you (the bar girl part) or care? I feel sorry for you. Some day you will die and look at all the women you missed. Some of the most beautiful and nicest women in the world are Thai Bar girls.

It is not a good thing Nigel. It's not a thing to brag about. I had a hi so Thai guy ask to marry one of my daughters and he told me he had never been with a bar girl. I choked on my beer. Almost got sick.

I don't give rat's <deleted> what you believe, <deleted> off

Never been with a bg and I get plenty of beautiful girls....straight up you know what that means.

Tosspot alert.

My first trip I came with a plutonic girlfriend, I traveled with her because I wanted to travel and didn't really want to travel alone. The next year I came with a male friend, but would have come by myself, the third year I came by myself, what brought me back to Thailand was it's cheap accommodation and the fact I felt comfortable traveling alone, plus the great beaches of Samui. That was 28 years ago, I was hooked, been back at least twice every year since and have lived here the last ten years.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My first trip I came with a plutonic girlfriend, I traveled with her because I wanted to travel and didn't really want to travel alone. The next year I came with a male friend, but would have come by myself, the third year I came by myself, what brought me back to Thailand was it's cheap accommodation and the fact I felt comfortable traveling alone, plus the great beaches of Samui. That was 28 years ago, I was hooked, been back at least twice every year since and have lived here the last ten years.

are there many english speakers there, and how about food?

are there many english speakers there, and how about food?

Gee, they don't even speak Thai there; they speak Issan. They don't eat food you would recognize it's all from the jungle; bugs and stuff with a lot of blood.

Never been with BG, but sure does talk like one.

• Like 2

After seeing the beaches and experiencing the great service from Thais at the VG hotel and the service from Thai waitresses, I thought this would be a good place to retire. I explored the currency exchange, the cost of living and found a very respectable Thai woman on Thailovelinks. Here I have stayed for 31 months and I am learning a new language.

First time I arrived...MH53 Pave Low

helicopter back in the early 70's.

Bunch of helo's & Herc's after that.

F Class BA 747 outta Bahrain back

in 1983.

CX L1011 outta HK in 1984.

Always returned for the nookie & somtam;

beer's cheap almost anywhere.

Never been with a bg and I get plenty of beautiful girls....straight up you know what that means.

Tosspot alert.

Is a "tosspot" the same thing as a &lt;deleted&gt;? I love British slang.

The post was regarding REAL visits, mainly of the the beauty of the Thailand landscape, why to come...not what a friend referred you to.

The real Thailand, preferably Krabi or South...the islands or inland - Issan. If all anyone just wants a beautiful woman, go to Spain, Mexico or Brazil or anywhere!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Tosspot alert.

Is a "tosspot" the same thing as a <deleted>? I love British slang.

Not sure...but think they have a new word for their profanity filter.

Bet I know whom is in charge of that portfolio.... cheesy.gif

Marry the girl I met on dateinasia.com a year before.

would you be willing to share more of how that was, from beginning to present, without personal details?

It is 5 years now and she is a wild one to say the least. She rages she loves she cares she works shes smart and she humors me to death. She did her 3 years residency now and almost a year in waiting for citizenship so she can have a Canadian passport and we can travel together equally.We seem to be back and forth Thailand and Canada so much as she has started importing and exporting as the Thais in Canada need and the people wanting name brands in Thailand. Name brands in Canada is a hard find as everything is tagged made in China or Asian locales. Yes the Name Brands. Go figure.

I hesitate to go into detail here again as some class A hole on here insulted me so badly for marrying a young Thai who was university educated, land/property/business owner

Marry the girl I met on dateinasia.com a year before.

would you be willing to share more of how that was, from beginning to present, without personal details?

It is 5 years now and she is a wild one to say the least. She rages she loves she cares she works shes smart and she humors me to death. She did her 3 years residency now and almost a year in waiting for citizenship so she can have a Canadian passport and we can travel together equally.We seem to be back and forth Thailand and Canada so much as she has started importing and exporting as the Thais in Canada need and the people wanting name brands in Thailand. Name brands in Canada is a hard find as everything is tagged made in China or Asian locales. Yes the Name Brands. Go figure.

I hesitate to go into detail here again as some class A hole on here insulted me so badly for marrying a young Thai who was university educated, land/property/business owner

sounds like you have a geat life to me

1st week visit in 2004 was 1st trip tp Asia. I remember loving the style of architecture (Wat Po/arun, Grand Palace, Ayatuya ruins) & the people were friendly.

Cam backe in 2009 as I needed somewhere to book at short notice because of work commitments in London and fell back on somewhere I had small inkling about already.