What brought you back to Thailand after the first trip?

kimbathewhitelion

To me Thailand was the forgotten land. To "eye" & culture once escaping the the corrupted mainland.

The first time, I was referred here by an already educated-Thailand friend who directed me to such places as Bangkok, Pattaya & the Patong Districts as such Phuket let alone BKs version.

Aside from the disgust I had with BK & Pattaya, Krabi with all it's marvels in land/Sky scrapes, mountains, mangroves, islands & oceans...the nature persons' delight. The peace.

Omit the lack of Stars in the sky due to cities; omit the amount of Mosquitos due to a poor sanitation system, both food, trash & infrastructure; omit the lack of overall plumbing & construction; omit civilization past the 20th century. But only consider the beauty of land & culture.

There's still something here.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first trip to Thailand in 1988 was at the invitation of some SF Bay-area craft importers. My visa was late and we got separated. I later found out that their craft importing was a front for their drug smuggling operation and their plan most likely was to use me to unwittingly carry stuff through customs. My next trip to Thailand several years later was more pleasant -- had to spend a couple of weeks here awaiting the conclusion of Chinese New Year in PR China. That was 20 years ago.

Edited by JLCrab

Singha and Mekhong, and the girls who added the mixers and ice.

On that second trip I was introduced to Amarit and Sangthip and a better quality of girls who added the mixers and ice.

Yes, at one stage I was a "tourist" as well....................rolleyes.gif

tongue.png

A girl with the body of a goddess ,who was funny young and asked for nothing, we were lovers for two years then split up ,23 years later ,i still know her, her husband and her children and like her a lot, she was a good person with a kind heart ,

Edited by i claudius
  • Like 2

First time, came for visiting a friend who was working here...

Second time, 15 years later, same reason, different friend.

From my first visit I got a good impression from the country but wasn't obsessed about it.

On my 2 nd trip I met my friend... and my wife...