• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Do foreign investors (inThai business) require a workpermit?

The answer is no. I was an unpaid director of a Thai company for several years on a retirement visa. It was an up market well known restaurant and PUB.

Even the liquor license was in my name. I had to deal with the tax department, labor department and yearly sign a lot of documents, They all had copies of my passport and retirement visa.

What is considered a "Foreign Investor" in Thailand? Do you have to invest money?? Or can your "investment" also be "your time"? Can the investment be machinery or equipment? Is there a dollar amount that must be invested to be considered a "foreign investor" in thailand?

The answer is no. I was an unpaid director of a Thai company for several years on a retirement visa. It was an up market well known restaurant and PUB.

Even the liquor license was in my name. I had to deal with the tax department, labor department and yearly sign a lot of documents, They all had copies of my passport and retirement visa.

Never knew that a liquor license could be in foreign name, as that would mean that Thai people aor not required anymore to open a beerbar.

And you were definitely breach with the law, as signing documents for a company requires a workpermit .

Never knew that a liquor license could be in foreign name, as that would mean that Thai people aor not required anymore to open a beerbar.

And you were definitely breach with the law, as signing documents for a company requires a workpermit .

signing documents for a company without having a work permit is an especially abominable crime for which Thai courts hand out harsh sentences, such as up to 15 years hard labour in an Issaan coal mine, wife and children sold into slavery, 500,000 Baht fine or a combination of the above.

post-35218-0-88478600-1398227133.jpg

signing documents for a company without having a work permit is an especially abominable crime for which Thai courts hand out harsh sentences, such as up to 15 years hard labour in an Issaan coal mine, wife and children sold into slavery, 500,000 Baht fine or a combination of the above.

attachicon.gifL-dog vvvs.jpg

Let me wake you up Herr Naam.

How about the company car of a Pattaya hotel driven by a Thai driver and with first class insurance got in an accident and the insurance company ( the biggest in Thailand) didn't pay out because the policy was signed by the foreign director of the company who had no workpermit .

Damage was more than 500.000 Baht as it was a total loss.

I have known a soi 7 beer bar owner being arrested and deported because he was counting the bills.

I have known another soi 8 beer bar owner being arrested and deported because he exchanged a a 1000 Baht note into smaller notes with the cashier.

I have known a foreign tourist being arrested in a Jomtien bar because he lifted a box of beer over the counter to help the staff.

I have known a foreign bar owner on Soi Bhuakow being arrested because he sat every day on the same chair in the bar.

Edited by JesseFrank

How about the company car of a Pattaya hotel driven by a Thai driver and with first class insurance got in an accident and the insurance company ( the biggest in Thailand) didn't pay out because the policy was signed by the foreign director of the company who had no workpermit .

I have known a soi 7 beer bar owner being arrested and deported because he was counting the bills.

I have known another soi 8 beer bar owner being arrested and deported because he exchanged a a 1000 Baht note into smaller notes with the cashier.

I have known a foreign tourist being arrested in a Jomtien bar because he lifted a box of beer over the counter to help the staff.

I have known a foreign bar owner on Soi Bhuakow being arrested because he sat every day on the same chair in the bar.

Unless they are Russian of course, soi7 Pratumnak must have at least a dozen Russians working in different spheres, even in the pharmacies, outside The Flying Dolphins in Jomtien, is a small booth with a Russian guy openly working at what ever it is he is selling .

On Soi 5 there is a small Russian bar, not a rip of joint i might add, two Russian girls working behind the bar, and another one working the music not a Thai in site.

I doubt any have work permits

ah yes, working; one of the most heinous crime possible in these so called capitalist free enterprise systems. one wonders when a more appropriate name will be forth coming. also all these NGOSs would be quickly out of business if the worlds populations was freed to contribute to their full capacity, so that ain't gonna happen anytime soon..

what about that chap you knew who was deported because he had sex with his wife without having a work permit?

Is this poor attempt at sarcasm your way to claim I make this all up ?

I can provide you with names, facts and in most cases a news article of every case I mentioned. Oh, and there are a lot more similar ones out there.

are you referring to severe Thai labour law violations like smoking a cigarette in a one-way street on a sunday morning? if yes, i'm not interested and you have my blessings to keep all the facts without sharing them with me.

now where is my coat and my hat?

• Like 1

Is this poor attempt at sarcasm your way to claim I make this all up ?

I can provide you with names, facts and in most cases a news article of every case I mentioned. Oh, and there are a lot more similar ones out there.

are you referring to severe Thai labour law violations like smoking a cigarette in a one-way street on a sunday morning? if yes, i'm not interested and you have my blessings to keep all the facts without sharing them with me.

now where is my coat and my hat?

You better find those fast, because as I understand you also signed a few document as director of the company that owns your house.

They're on the way Naam, biggrin.png