DNA results confirm body of missing Russian kidnap victim

webfact

DNA results confirm body of missing Russian kidnap victim
Phuket Gazette

1_201441411237781_bkCIliphXAcMwvUnQefpxN
The body found on March 29 has been confirmed as that of Russian Alexey Slabinskiy, who disappeared on March 7. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: -- Unofficial DNA results and dental records confirm that the decapitated body found in Cherng Talay on March 29 is that of missing Russian Alexey Slabinskiy, Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Arun Kaewvatee announced on Saturday.

“We’ve heard unofficially from the Forensic Office in Surat Thani that the remains are those of Mr Slabinskiy, and the teeth found in the body match the dental records for Mr Slabinskiy held by Bangkok Hospital Phuket,” said Col Arun.

Police have not yet determined Mr Slabinskiy’s cause of death, Col Arun added.

The two suspects in the murder of Mr Slabinskiy, Oleksandr Boychuk, 44, and Aleksandr Novichkov, 58, are believed to still be in Thailand and are expected to be apprehended soon, Col Arun said, but he did not reveal any new leads in the search.

“We have friends and associates of the suspects under surveillance, but so far don’t have any information about the men’s whereabouts,” Col Arun reported.

Mr Slabinskiy disappeared with his girlfriend Iana Strizheus on March 7. Shortly thereafter, the pair told relatives in Russia that they had been kidnapped and needed money (story here).

Ms Stirzheus was discovered alone in a Bang Tao hotel room on March 16. After being hospitalized for several days, she returned to Russia on April 4.

— Woranut Pechdee

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/DNA-results-confirm-body-missing-Russian-kidnap/29137#ad-image-1

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-04-14

There is a lot more to this story that has not been reported.

In time, I hope the full facts surrounding Mr. Slabinskiy's death are revealed and the murderers are bought to justice.

RIP.

Such as what? Let us in on the information you have.

• Like 1

"dental records confirm that the decapitated body found in Cherng Talay on March 29 is that of missing Russian"

Wow I am impressed by Thai forensic experts... they can examine dental records of a decapitated body....Amazing Thailand.

I don't think it was anything to do with drugs, they borrowed something like 5 million baht to make a business from some loan sharks and couldn't get the money back to them on time, from what the wife told police after they discovered her.

I don't think it was anything to do with drugs, they borrowed something like 5 million baht to make a business from some loan sharks and couldn't get the money back to them on time, from what the wife told police after they discovered her.

Kill the man that own you money and you will not get back a single cents, I don't think loan shark are that stupid.

This sounds like a drug deal gone bad but then this is speculation

ahaha, people don't tend to get their heads cut off in drug deals gone wrong. Maybe within some of the Mexican cartels, but most of those beheadings are revenge and shock tactics. This doesn't seem like a drug deal gone wrong in my opinion. They normally end in people getting shot or stabbed.

Kill the man that own you money and you will not get back a single cents, I don't think loan shark are that stupid.

They do it to send out a message to everyone else that owes them money

In time, I hope the full facts surrounding Mr. Slabinskiy's death are revealed and the murderers are bought to justice.

RIP.

I agree, much more to this story. But I expect those facts will never come to light.

Thai police not interested and too much murky underworld connections.

Problem is, if the offenders can pay more than the reward offered by family for their capture, and I'm sure they can, they may never be captured, if you understand what I mean.

To a great degree of certainly, I believe that for some types of crimes, no amount of money will get someone ignored by the police authorities.

And I believe this is one of those types of crimes..

RIP.

I agree, much more to this story. But I expect those facts will never come to light.

Thai police not interested and too much murky underworld connections.

Problem is, if the offenders can pay more than the reward offered by family for their capture, and I'm sure they can, they may never be captured, if you understand what I mean.

To a great degree of certainly, I believe that for some types of crimes, no amount of money will get someone ignored by the police authorities.

And I believe this is one of those types of crimes..

I beieve the two Australians with bikie group links who shot two innocent tourists are free.

meanwhile, they will not even submit the paperwork to have "Mick the Pom" arrested for murder.

Just two cases that spring to mind, but there are many.

What makes you think this case is different?

• Like 1

Anyway, whoever did the crime is not in Thailand now. Maybe back on a new visa under a different name next year. Is how the game plays out in real life.

Malaysia have been taking fingerprints on arrival for quite a while now. Both index fingers, laser read and captured.

Edited by NamKangMan

Anyway, whoever did the crime is not in Thailand now. Maybe back on a new visa under a different name next year. Is how the game plays out in real life.

Malaysia have been taking fingerprints on arrival for quite a while now. Both index fingers, laser read and captured.

"Unofficial DNA results and dental records confirm that the decapitated body found in Cherng Talay on March 29 is that of missing Russian Alexey Slabinskiy....

Police have not yet determined Mr Slabinskiy’s cause of death, Col Arun added...." Decapitation may be a probable cause ?

Anyway - I hope these murderers are caught. RIP

RIP.

Such as what? Let us in on the information you have.

I could, but it would be too complicated for you.

Please give it a try. I'm sure someone can unravel your complicated explanation.

"Unofficial DNA results and dental records confirm that the decapitated body found in Cherng Talay on March 29 is that of missing Russian Alexey Slabinskiy....

Police have not yet determined Mr Slabinskiys cause of death, Col Arun added...." Decapitation may be a probable cause ?

Decapitation, in some circles, serves as a graphic warning to others. The cause of death may have been due to something else and may have taken place some time after the actual death.

It's a form of gruesome advertising. What would get your attention. A body with a gunshot wound or one missing its head? Some criminal elements seek recognition using gang signs, clothing, tattoos, etc. Some make a point of advertising the consequences of not following through with a "deal". I don't know if this is the case with this mans death.

May he rest in peace.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Really? Is that why two Iranians entered Malaysia with stolen passport and later disappeared with the missing MH370 flight?

Police have not yet determined Mr Slabinskiys cause of death, Col Arun added...." Decapitation may be a probable cause ?

Decapitation, in some circles, serves as a graphic warning to others. The cause of death may have been due to something else and may have taken place some time after the actual death.

It's a form of gruesome advertising. What would get your attention. A body with a gunshot wound or one missing its head? Some criminal elements seek recognition using gang signs, clothing, tattoos, etc. Some make a point of advertising the consequences of not following through with a "deal". I don't know if this is the case with this mans death.

May he rest in peace.

In the case of a missing person who does not have tattoos, scars or previous broken bones, decapitalion and cutting off of the hands is usually done to make it harder for the victim to be identified. The head has the face for a visual ID and teeth for dental records.

The hands have palms and fingers for prints.

Of course the torso can still be used for DNA testing, but that takes a while to collect a comparing sample, and to process, giving the offender time to escape or set up an alibi.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Really? Is that why two Iranians entered Malaysia with stolen passport and later disappeared with the missing MH370 flight?

In many countries, you don't have to give you finger prints to get a passport. Malaysia is matching up an individual's passport, with the individuals finger prints.

Have a read of the below random article off google. It explains it quite well.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Malaysia/Story/A1Story20110505-277334.html

Thailand could well do with a similar system here. It would go a long way to cleaning the place up.