First Songkran Accidern Witnessed This Year

moonseeker

You are right but this is not a normal country, this country is like an open zoo...

A complete and utter joke of a country.

I absolutely deplore what the farang did here and think he should spend some time as a guest of the government, but I do have a question given your statement that Thailand is a complete and utter joke of a country.

If you truly believe that, why are you here?

I'm not defending the idiot, but really, the girl knows what's happening on 2nd Road this week. She doesn't have the skills to ride out the storm, so she shouldn't go there.

thats what you think is it? well i think the man that threw the water needs a really hard slap in the face plus a lot more to follow. if he thinks pain and injury are so funny then i guess he would enjoy getting his stupid face smashed in, right? and i assume you would too. right?

Well, it would be wonderful if absolutely nobody walked, drove, or rode anywhere near the Songkraners. Total boycott, so they could only splash water on themselves. They'd quickly tire of that.

But it will never happen, can't happen really.

Well, it would be wonderful if absolutely nobody walked, drove, or rode anywhere near the Songkraners. Total boycott, so they could only splash water on themselves. They'd quickly tire of that.

But it will never happen, can't happen really.

seems to be happening, most of the bars are pretty empty or even closed in my area, Im sure a lot of businesses lose money over this week

Perhaps he's been here too long and has started behaving like a Thai. sad.png

Foreigners are definitely worse than Thais during Songkran. The authorities promise every year to enlarge their safety measures. But <deleted> they do really? Nothing. If they really care the health and life of peoples, they should limit the water games to two days.

It's really a bad joke. Even the checkpoints are a joke. Everyone who don't want to get caught, could easily bypass this roadblocks.

Foreigners are definitely worse than Thais during Songkran.

You've obviously never spent a songkran in an all Thai suburb.

Gangs of drunk, angry youths competing to knock riders off bikes, then after 6 pm the machetes and homemade weapons come out.

• Like 2

I'm not defending the idiot, but really, the girl knows what's happening on 2nd Road this week. She doesn't have the skills to ride out the storm, so she shouldn't go there.

thats what you think is it? well i think the man that threw the water needs a really hard slap in the face plus a lot more to follow. if he thinks pain and injury are so funny then i guess he would enjoy getting his stupid face smashed in, right? and i assume you would too. right?

If a person goes into a war zone, they're at risk. If you play with fire you get burned. Staying away from 2nd Road, particularly if you don't have good motorcycle riding skills, is a wise decision, and as an adult that girl has a responsibility for her own safety.... although we know that Thais are not that concerned about safety.

My personal feelings towards these type of idiots are already well documented on many Songkran threads. I stay away from the war zone not because I'm concerned about having a motorcycle accident but because I'm concerned about losing my cool and smashing one of these idiots.

Foreigners are definitely worse than Thais during Songkran. The authorities promise every year to enlarge their safety measures. But <deleted> they do really? Nothing. If they really care the health and life of peoples, they should limit the water games to two days.

It's really a bad joke. Even the checkpoints are a joke. Everyone who don't want to get caught, could easily bypass this roadblocks.

It makes no sense to compare the two. In the bar areas the foreigners are worse than the Thais only because there are more foreigners in bar areas getting drunk than Thais. In Thai dominated zones the Thais are worse.

• Like 1

I was also hit in the face by a bucket of water while riding my m/c this morning.

I don't think the three year old Thai boy was drunk, I was lucky he couldn't carry a bigger bucket.

The very young ones usually only have small buckets.

It helps them balance on the pillion seat of their older sibling's scooter.

songkran-thailand-pattaya-jomtien-020.jp

songkran-thailand-pattaya-jomtien-021.jp

songkran-thailand-pattaya-jomtien-022.jp

songkran-thailand-pattaya-jomtien-023.jp

songkran-thailand-pattaya-jomtien-025.jp

songkran-thailand-pattaya-jomtien-026.jp

Sanook mhak loi.

Edited by Som wat
  • Like 1

How low can some people go? Older Falang with a bunch of bg. on 2nd. Rd. forcefully emptying a small bucket of water right in the face of a Thai woman passing on a motorbike. Heavy traffic, thank God slow. The woman lost control of bike and fell hitting the sidewalk. The Falang thought this was very funny as he laughed like an idiot. Hope the bike taxi drivers who came to help the woman thought him a lesson. Any normal country the police would lock up assho.....like this. TIT. MS>bah.gif

Sorry for typo, still upset.....

Thai people do this all the time, I have seen it happen constantly for the past week

It is ridiculous stupid behavior, but stop picking on somebody just because of their race; tell the thais to stop and foreigners will follow suit

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Songkran is when Thais are free to really show how intelligent they are.

I think you missed a T from the second part of your screen name.!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

as opposed to all the intelligent foreigners playing at Songkran?

Yes. That's right.

Besides a few locations which are famous for scum, idiot farangs, you generally won't see them doing half the stupid (seems such a tame word in this context) actions that the Thais do nationwide, every year, no matter how many people die year after year after year.

Perhaps you're missing 'anker' from yours. :D

Yes. That's right.

Besides a few locations which are famous for scum, idiot farangs, you generally won't see them doing half the stupid (seems such a tame word in this context) actions that the Thais do nationwide, every year, no matter how many people die year after year after year.

Oh yes they do. There's some good photographic evidence on this thread too. You need to get out more - try 2nd Road, lower Pratunmak Road, Walking Street, Beach Road and Soi Buakhao, then come back and report on how intellegent the foreigners can be.

Perhaps you're missing 'anker' from yours. biggrin.png

Brilliant!!!!!

• Like 1

Yes. That's right.

Oh yes they do. There's some good photographic evidence on this thread too. You need to get out more - try 2nd Road, lower Pratunmak Road, Walking Street, Beach Road and Soi Buakhao, then come back and report on how intellegent the foreigners can be.

Missed the 'Besides a few locations....' sentence, eh.

Or perhaps just selective reading. :whistling:

Or perhaps just selective reading. whistling.gif

That was my main point you missed - they're equally bad, but there is not an equal number of Thais and Farangs here (strange that), so these comparisons are meaningless.

Or perhaps just selective reading. whistling.gif

That was my main point you missed - they're equally bad, but there is not an equal number of Thais and Farangs here (strange that), so these comparisons are meaningless.

So you cannot compare behavioral traits of Thais and Westerners in Thailand, because they are not equal population bases.

Complete.

And Utter.

Nonsense.